Thread: Call me crazy.. but

Call me crazy.. but

Joba should go into spring training as a starting pitcher. Yankees need as many options as they can get out their. The fact is Joba is still capable of being a starting pitcher. He has the pitches to be a starter. Keeping Joba as a middle reliever is greatly underutilizing his potential. What do we possibly have to lose? What value does he have being a 5th or 6th inning guy?

I don't think it's a bad idea at all.I don't know how that would work coming off the Tommy John.They have enough firepower in the pen.Mo,Robertson,Wade,Soriano,Logan,that's more than enough

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd be fine with it if he hadn't just had TJ surg.

No way he'd be at 100% for that

Surgery will likely put a damper on that, but I'm all for it. Got nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I'd be fine with it if he hadn't just had TJ surg.

No way he'd be at 100% for that
    No pitcher is at 100% after TJ surgery. It will probably be next year when he feels right again. Yankees should let him take his time coming back. In fact all the time he's had off due to surgery is giving him an opportunity to start back fresh as a starter. Plus their are no expectations for him. Heck I wouldn't mind seeing him in AAA half the year working on his all his pitches.. building up confidence.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 12-28-2011 at 10:57 PM.

All Pro
    100% agree.

They have the 9th, 8th and 7th innings taken care of. What is Joba going to pitch, the 5th and 6th in a blowout?

He had a decent season in his first year as a starter in the AL East until the 3 inning starts and all that other crap. Plus, he had (hopefully has) the stuff to be a decent Major League Starter. No, he's not going to be a #1, but he can be a good 3-4.

I think the Yankees handled him very poorly so far. Let him start, let him have a routine, and see what you have.