Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams Lose, Colts win... #1 pick is available.

All Pro

Rams Lose, Colts win... #1 pick is available.

If that scenario happens the Rams can't trade Bradford they are pretty much forced to trade the #1 pick. If that scenario hold true what would you do??????????????
    In all seriousness I would personally trade the same package the Raiders gave up for the Bengals. Thoughts???

[QUOTE=prza;4297740]If that scenario happens the Rams can't trade Bradford they are pretty much forced to trade the #1 pick. If that scenario hold true what would you do??????????????
    In all seriousness I would personally trade the same package the Raiders gave up for the Bengals. Thoughts???[/QUOTE]

absolutely not...there is no value for us to trade for the #1 pick...nothing we need is there for what it would cost (that i'm aware of)....and yes that includes andrew luck. at least from the jets perspective.

draft gurus chime in, because i admittedly am not very well versed in the draft.

wait a few days and this thread will be meaningless

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;4297761]wait a few days and this thread will be meaningless[/QUOTE]

You mean it's not meaningless now? :rolleyes:

if Sanchez showed even an ounce of ability to succeed in the NFL he might actually have some trade value. Alas, we are stuck with him.

All Pro
    Great thoughts pure brilliance!!

[QUOTE=Vin;4297766]You mean it's not meaningless now? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

i was just trying not to be to harsh on the guy who started the thread

All Pro
    Sorry I forgot that the Jets have such a great history of longstanding starting QB's the thought of trading up for the most cant miss QB prospect since Manning himself is crazy. So you wouldn't entertain the thought if the phone rang???? Doesn't tanny have a history of trading up, I could have sworn he loves to trade up.

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;4297773]i was just trying not to be to harsh on the guy who started the thread[/QUOTE]

Don't worry.

I think it's absolutely not happening as far as :

1.) The Jets getting Peyton Manning

2.) The Jets getting rid of Mark Sanchez

3.) The Jets trading for the #1 pick

So yes...This thread is meaningless.

[QUOTE=prza;4297740]If that scenario happens the Rams can't trade Bradford they are pretty much forced to trade the #1 pick. If that scenario hold true what would you do??????????????
    In all seriousness I would personally trade the same package the Raiders gave up for the Bengals. Thoughts???[/QUOTE]

I drew a lot of bashers on this topic a few days back but it's a fun one to contemplate: [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239053[/url]

I thought the most intriguing idea came from TKasper01:

[QUOTE=TKasper01;4293806]What if we went to the Rams? They will pick second, don't need a starting Qb but need soo much of everything else. We give them Sanchez to solve their back up Qb issues and Harris to help with the D, we swap 1's this year and throw in next years (2013)second. Could it work? We could grab RGIII Use our second on Oline and be smart in FA. Could work. None of this means anything if **** for brains is still the OC in May.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Sanchez is without a doubt on the hot seat!!! Guaranteed.

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4297767]if Sanchez showed even an ounce of ability to succeed in the NFL he might actually have some trade value. Alas, we are stuck with him.[/QUOTE]

you've got to be kidding me....

This doesn't garuntee the pick is available. The Rams could still take Luck and move Bradford, which after 2 injuries in 3 years (Oklahoma and this year), you never know. Not saying it will, but I wouldn't be completely shocked.

It is unlikely but also not unheard of. Before the Giants traded for Eli they had success under Collins. If they think they could sell him as the next big thing I could see it. Collins still had a lot left in him back then too.

[QUOTE=Sanchise;4297792]This doesn't garuntee the pick is available. The Rams could still take Luck and move Bradford, which after 2 injuries in 3 years (Oklahoma and this year), you never know. Not saying it will, but I wouldn't be completely shocked.[/QUOTE]

Was about to post something similar. What makes Bradford that much more appealing than Sanchez? Bradford probably has more upside but he has a history of health issues and his QB rating went from 76 last year to 70 this year. Not sure why a team with a fairly similar QB situation would pass on Luck. .

All League
    There really needs to be an IQ test to be able to post on this board...it has become unreadable with all of the idiocy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Some Jet fans are so dumb.

How could the Jets ever top a package by the Colts with the 2nd overall pick? Heck, a dozen other teams ahead of the Jets would be able to put together better packages.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetFreak89;4297799]There really needs to be an IQ test to be able to post on this board...it has become unreadable with all of the idiocy.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sitting behind my computer pretending to be a GM. I said thoughts. What would you give up as a fan and be happy with. BTW If you don't think this has been brought up in the meeting room you might be the idiot. Your saying the Jets have not entertained the thought of making a move in the draft. I'm not talking Rex I'm talking Woody Johnson. News is he has and he is contemplating what to do with Sanchez. Give him one more year with new OC or make splash with new OC and New QB. Odds are yes Sanchez will be back in 12 but thoughts is what I asked.

[QUOTE=SMC;4297804]Some Jet fans are so dumb.

How could the Jets ever top a package by the Colts with the 2nd overall pick? Heck, a dozen other teams ahead of the Jets would be able to put together better packages.[/QUOTE]

It would take Revis, our 1st rounder and next years first.

Which would be a top 10 pick.

All Pro
    [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/peyton-manning-answer-ny-jets-quarterback-mark-sanchez-article-1.998219?pgno=1[/url]

Gary Meyers thinks that Sanchez might not start in 2012. Maybe its not so idiotic?