Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams Lose, Colts win... #1 pick is available.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4297780]Don't worry.

I think it's absolutely not happening as far as :

1.) The Jets getting Peyton Manning

2.) The Jets getting rid of Mark Sanchez

3.) The Jets trading for the #1 pick

So yes...This thread is meaningless.[/QUOTE]

Im not saying it is going to happen but:

-The Jets traded for
    -Brett Favre
    -Cromartie
    -Holmes
    -Braylon Edwards

And traded up for
    -David Harris
    -Revis
    -Mark Sanchez.

The Jets are probably the last team you would ever want to count out in any type of trade situation......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4297819]Im not saying it is going to happen but:

-The Jets traded for
    -Brett Favre
    -Cromartie
    -Holmes
    -Braylon Edwards

And traded up for
    -David Harris
    -Revis
    -Mark Sanchez.

The Jets are probably the last team you would ever want to count out in any type of trade situation......[/QUOTE]
    +1000

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=prza;4297827]+1000[/QUOTE]

I honestly think they stick with sanchez and they have a backup who brought their respective college team to a national championship...The kid looks pretty good in the preseason...so we have a capable back up i think who can be groomed by a new OC...if Rex Grossman can get to the Superbowl i think Mcleroy can get something going ....but Sanchez isnt going anywhere...he is here to stay for at least another year....some stuff is dumb but like a lot of you guys have said you cant put it past the jets to move up but if they do its going to take a D player not O as long as Rex is there D is all he thinks about which sucks...But who knows not us thats for sure...we dont have money invested in the success of the team some might be season ticket holders but most are just fans with something to get off there chest nothing more...I doubt the Brass gives a Sh$t what we think because if they did they would have gotten rid of Schitty a long time ago...

The Draft is always a wild card.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=prza;4297816][url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/peyton-manning-answer-ny-jets-quarterback-mark-sanchez-article-1.998219?pgno=1[/url]

Gary Meyers thinks that Sanchez might not start in 2012. Maybe its not so idiotic?[/QUOTE]

Gary Freaking Meyers.....wow...might as well start buying the #18 jerseys right now!!

Maybe it's time to start a poll:

A) Gary Meyers just got off the phone with Mike T and he confirmed that the Jets are already in talks with the Colts

B) Once again, pure drivel to sell newspapers

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I give em Revis Sanchez Holmes and a 1 and a two.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4297780]Don't worry.

I think it's absolutely not happening as far as :

1.) The Jets getting Peyton Manning

2.) The Jets getting rid of Mark Sanchez

3.) The Jets trading for the #1 pick

So yes...This thread is meaningless.[/QUOTE]

Most meaningful post in this thread.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;4297858]I give em Revis Sanchez Holmes and a 1 and a two.[/QUOTE]

thank God youarent the GM or you were being sarcastic

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sexi Rexi;4297862]thank God youarent the GM or you were being sarcastic[/QUOTE]

And without Revis, Brady throws for 600 yards against us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any idea how much it would take to jump up that high in the draft? It would cost us pretty much all valuable picks in our next 2 drafts + more.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to deal sanchez and I think he will improve with a different OC, but for the sake of entertainment....going after the #1 isn't that insane, if we lose to the dolphins and can get a top 17 pick.

STL will want picks and nfl ready players, especially in the secondary. Plus they have a ton of cap space. We can include "The Best #2 CB in the League" who is already signed long term Cro, plus a young RB like McKnight, along with this years #1 and #3, next year's #1 and #3.

Then move sanchez to Seattle to reunite with Carroll for a 3rd round pick to replace the one we send to STL.

Wilson moves into the starting lineup, we resign LT for one more year, and move forward drafting a RT with our 2nd round pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=prza;4297816][url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/peyton-manning-answer-ny-jets-quarterback-mark-sanchez-article-1.998219?pgno=1[/url]

Gary Meyers thinks that Sanchez might not start in 2012. Maybe its not so idiotic?[/QUOTE]

Well you got "Gary Meyers" and the "idiotic" part right. They go together like Bologna and Cheese.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4297870]And without Revis, Brady throws for 600 yards against us.[/QUOTE]

And with him, he throws 300 yards. ;)

But the real question is : DO WE WIN? :D

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4297909]I don't want to deal sanchez and I think he will improve with a different OC, but for the sake of entertainment....going after the #1 isn't that insane, if we lose to the dolphins and can get a top 17 pick.

STL will want picks and nfl ready players, especially in the secondary. Plus they have a ton of cap space. We can include "The Best #2 CB in the League" who is already signed long term Cro, plus a young RB like McKnight, along with this years #1 and #3, next year's #1 and #3.

Then move sanchez to Seattle to reunite with Carroll for a 3rd round pick to replace the one we send to STL.

Wilson moves into the starting lineup, we resign LT for one more year, and move forward drafting a RT with our 2nd round pick.[/QUOTE]

Explain to me why Seattle would want Sanchez? Just because Carroll was Mark's coach in College doesn't mean he'd want Mark as his QB in Seattle.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-29-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

No, because Meyers is an idiot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4297819]Im not saying it is going to happen but:

-The Jets traded for
    -Brett Favre
    -Cromartie
    -Holmes
    -Braylon Edwards

And traded up for
    -David Harris
    -Revis
    -Mark Sanchez.

The Jets are probably the last team you would ever want to count out in any type of trade situation......[/QUOTE]

Exactly

Honestly, I think this is something we should be talking more about, especially if we end up losing to Miami.

If we lose to the Phins, we're most likely picking in the 11-14 range.

This team has some big concerns at QB, whether everyone wants to admit it or not. And in a draft that includes the greatest QB prospect since Elway, you have to consider your options.

There's going to be a lot more interest regarding the #1 pick than in recent years with the new rookie cap and the golden boy, can't miss QB coming out. Luck is going to get a contract worth about $24-25 million. That's peanuts compared to the contacts guys like Stafford, Sanchez, and Bradford received.

So even if Luck turns out to be a bust (extremely unlikely), your team isn't completely screwed for 5+ years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4297767]if Sanchez showed even an ounce of ability to succeed in the NFL he might actually have some trade value. Alas, we are stuck with him.[/QUOTE]

He has....look, I was never sold on going after Sanchez, when Kellen Clemens was not given a fair chance. Remember how bad he was when Adrian Moore was supposed to be watching his right side? Well, that is what Sanchez has in the equivalent of. Wayne Hunter is actually WORSE than Adrian Moore, and that is saying something.

You cannot trade Sanchez with his contract, and I think he needs a fair chance with someone who isn't getting him hit on average 4-5 times a game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4298354]Exactly

Honestly, I think this is something we should be talking more about, especially if we end up losing to Miami.

If we lose to the Phins, we're most likely picking in the 11-14 range.

This team has some big concerns at QB, whether everyone wants to admit it or not. And in a draft that includes the greatest QB prospect since Elway, you have to consider your options.

There's going to be a lot more interest regarding the #1 pick than in recent years with the new rookie cap and the golden boy, can't miss QB coming out. Luck is going to get a contract worth about $24-25 million. That's peanuts compared to the contacts guys like Stafford, Sanchez, and Bradford received.

So even if Luck turns out to be a bust (extremely unlikely), your team isn't completely screwed for 5+ years.[/QUOTE]

FYI, the Jets can pick no higher than 12th and no lower than 22nd with a loss. That's a big swing.

The thing is, do the Colts believe they're SB contenders in 2012 with an injury recovered Manning?

They have a good number of their own FAs with contracts coming up.

Jets' draft picks won't be enough. Jets could offer Revis, but at his salary they might not want him unless they think they'll compete for a SB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    this whole thread is cuckoo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;4297804]Some Jet fans are so dumb.

How could the Jets ever top a package by the Colts with the 2nd overall pick? Heck, a dozen other teams ahead of the Jets would be able to put together better packages.[/QUOTE]

Don't put it past Woody....we have mortgaged this franchise by giving away pix for veterans.

Woody is all about the bling:steamin:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4297792]This doesn't garuntee the pick is available. The Rams could still take Luck and move Bradford, which after 2 injuries in 3 years (Oklahoma and this year), you never know. Not saying it will, but I wouldn't be completely shocked.[/QUOTE]
    This is what I see happening. Rams taking Luck and trading Bradford. Now the question becomes, would we be upgrading with Bradford over Sanchez? In my mind, Bradford has a much higher ceiling than Sanchez.
    I know it's all hypothetical, but it's interesting to think about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;4298400]this whole thread is cuckoo.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I started writing out actual replies to some of these wacky posts but realized it was pointless, Madden football has poisoned the minds of young football fans :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4298558]Yup, I started writing out actual replies to some of these wacky posts but realized it was pointless, Madden football has poisoned the minds of young football fans :D[/QUOTE]

I'm not young nor play madden, but I know that Sanchez is not who we thought he was and with the Best QB prospect of the last 20 years coming out if my team did NOT entertain the thought of trying to get him that would be disappointing. If the Jets never discussed an option to acquire the best prospect of the last 20 years than it explains why they havent wont a super bowl in over 40 years. Woody want to win just as much as leon hess but Woody is capable of making tough choices to try to make that happen.