Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wayne hunter 22 sacks allowed & 28 pressures

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4297856]Wayne Hunter was one of Tannebaum's biggest blunders as GM. The buck stops with him and he was wrong in a position that he had to be right about.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. As horrible as Hunter has been this year, can you really blame Tanny for this? What evidence did we have that he would be this bad? He was great last year filling in for woody. Tanny's mistake was not signing more depth after Turner went down in the regular season.

[QUOTE=SMC;4298450]Why don't you wait a bit on Dalton because you and others pulled this same stuff with Freeman last year. No one mentions Freeman now.

And, no, QBs aren't expected to be franchise QBs in year 3. Brees wasn't. Eli wasn't. Rodgers hadn't even started a game yet in year 3.[/QUOTE]

In brees / Rodgers 3rd years as a starting NFL qb, they both were among the best qbs in the NFL.

Sanchez will likely be gone after next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone this offseason or we draft a qb this year. Qb's without accuracy, pocket presence, or the ability to look off db's don't have a long shelf life in the NFL.

Don't believe me? I guarantee we acquire a qb this offseason. Thats something Baltimore, Tampa, or Atlanta would never consider. Sanchez just doesn't look like a NFL qb way too often
    Last edited by KR; 12-29-2011 at 05:59 PM.

[QUOTE=jetglass;4298494]I disagree. As horrible as Hunter has been this year, can you really blame Tanny for this? What evidence did we have that he would be this bad? He was great last year filling in for woody. Tanny's mistake was not signing more depth after Turner went down in the regular season.[/QUOTE]

It's very rare that a 30 year old player suddenly becomes starter material after riding the bench for his entire career.

We should have at least had another option waiting in the wings in case Hunter didn't work out. Ducasse is not a viable option at this point.

[QUOTE=KR;4298508]In brees / Rodgers 3rd years as a starting NFL qb, they both were among the best qbs in the NFL.

Sanchez will likely be gone after next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone this offseason or we draft a qb this year. Qb's without accuracy, pocket presence, or the ability to look off db's don't have a long shelf life in the NFL.

Don't believe me? I guarantee we acquire a qb this offseason.[/QUOTE]

Drew Brees, year 3:

2,108 yards, 57.6%, 5.9 ypa, 11 TD 15 INT, 67.5 rating

And that was with Tomlinson running for 1,600 yards on 5.3 ypc and catching 100 passes out of the backfield.

If that places him among the best in the league, Sanchez must be a Hall of Famer.

Rivers, year 3:

3,338 yards, 61.7%, 7.4 ypa, 22 TD 9 INT, 92.0 rating

Rivers was a very good game manager in his 3rd year (first year starting). The Chargers ran the ball 60 more times than they threw it that year, as [B]Tomlinson ran for 1,800 yards and 28 TDs.[/B] I think Sanchez's numbers would have been a lot better if Greene had just had one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. Rivers wasn't "carrying" anything that year. It would also be nice if we had a receiver of Antonio Gates' quality.
    Last edited by JB1089; 12-29-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Here's PFF Offensive breakdown of the Giants game

[URL="http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/darkvarg/jetsvsgiantsO.png"]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/darkvarg/jetsvsgiantsO.png[/URL]
    Last edited by darkvarg; 12-29-2011 at 06:09 PM.

[QUOTE=KR;4298508]In brees / Rodgers 3rd years as a starting NFL qb, they both were among the best qbs in the NFL.

Don't believe me? I guarantee we acquire a qb this offseason. Thats something Baltimore, Tampa, or Atlanta would never consider. Sanchez just doesn't look like a NFL qb way too often[/QUOTE]

Bree's was HORRIBLE his 3rd season. Rodgers benefited from sitting behind a HOFer for 3 years.

[QUOTE=KR;4298508]In brees / Rodgers 3rd years as a starting NFL qb, they both were among the best qbs in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

:confused:

Rodgers wasn't even a starter yet

Brees in 2003 was half the QB he's been since 2006 and definitely was not a top tier QB back then.

Clueless.

Here's there Season rankings.

[IMG][IMG]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/darkvarg/JetsOffensive.png[/IMG][/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP

Don't believe me? I guarantee we acquire a qb this offseason. Thats something Baltimore, Tampa, or Atlanta would never consider. Sanchez just doesn't look like a NFL qb way too often[/QUOTE]

You can't equate 3 yrs as a starter with 3 yrs in the league when we're talking about (in Rodger's situation), 6 years of NFL experience in offseason program, training camps, film study, nutrition, etc.

If Sanchez is likely gone next season, so be it.

Your guarantee is meaningless because th Chargers did the EXACT same thing. They swapped picks for Rivers with Brees there.

And, LOL, and Tampa never considering it. Freeman has only 1 good year, sandwiched by 2 bad years. But, of course, Tampa would never consider it. Why? Because only the NY media and NY fans who have no clue what it means to draft and start a day 1 rookie QB entails.

Jets Insider VIP

You have been posting out here as long as I have and this is what you come up with!!!!:eek:

Good Grief!!!:rolleyes:

PFF shows Hunter with 11 sacks allowed, not 22.

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4298542]PFF shows Hunter with 11 sacks allowed, not 22.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its 11 QB sacks allowed and 11 QB hits, which is still Atrocious

Hall Of Fame
    Does anyone really need to see specific stats to know or prove that Hunter sucks? It should be pretty obvious just watching a game that he is terrible.

All League
    With as bad as Hunter has been this year, he has kind of overshadowed how DBrick has regressed this year.

What if we sign/draft a LT and move DBrick over to the right side? People here get on Sanchez because of his salary, what about DBrick's? He is easily the worst LT in our division, yet he is making over $8M a year. I'd say move him to the right side for 2012 and if he can't handle the switch then we cut him and his salary after 2012.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4298517]Drew Brees, year 3:

2,108 yards, 57.6%, 5.9 ypa, 11 TD 15 INT, 67.5 rating

And that was with Tomlinson running for 1,600 yards on 5.3 ypc and catching 100 passes out of the backfield.

If that places him among the best in the league, Sanchez must be a Hall of Famer.

Rivers, year 3:

3,338 yards, 61.7%, 7.4 ypa, 22 TD 9 INT, 92.0 rating

Rivers was a very good game manager in his 3rd year (first year starting). The Chargers ran the ball 60 more times than they threw it that year, as [B]Tomlinson ran for 1,800 yards and 28 TDs.[/B] I think Sanchez's numbers would have been a lot better if Greene had just had one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. Rivers wasn't "carrying" anything that year. It would also be nice if we had a receiver of Antonio Gates' quality.[/QUOTE]

Sucks when reality hits you square in the face, doesn't it KR?

[QUOTE=SMC;4298536]You can't equate 3 yrs as a starter with 3 yrs in the league when we're talking about (in Rodger's situation), 6 years of NFL experience in offseason program, training camps, film study, nutrition, etc.

If Sanchez is likely gone next season, so be it.

Your guarantee is meaningless because th Chargers did the EXACT same thing. They swapped picks for Rivers with Brees there.

And, LOL, and Tampa never considering it. Freeman has only 1 good year, sandwiched by 2 bad years. But, of course, Tampa would never consider it. Why? Because only the NY media and NY fans who have no clue what it means to draft and start a day 1 rookie QB entails.[/QUOTE]

I think the Ravens might even think of it if Flacco ***** the bed in the playoffs again.....

Not exactly been stellar in his 4th regular season either

56.7....6.7 YPA....20 total TDS....18 total TO's....1.1-1 ratio Has actually fumbled more than Sanchez but not lost as many.....

Sanchez 56.2...6.4....30 TDS...23 TO's...1.3-1 ratio

He also leads an offense that has actually scored less offensive TDS than the Jets(38)...Balt (33) and fewer offensive points than the Jets TDS + FG's

Jets (327)...Balt...(318).....Jets rank #1 red zone...Ravens rank #19 and he has Ray Rice in the backfield...
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 12-29-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I swear I f*cking hate stats.

To hell with numbers, just use the good old fashioned eyeball test.

I don't know about you guys, but going by what I see ON THE FIELD, Sanchez isn't close to being the franchise QB we all envision him being. I hope it happens by next year, but who knows?

I was high on the kid even before the draft in '09 and was in full support of the Jets moving up for the guy. But so far, he's not even close to being "the guy" for this franchise.

I honestly don't see how anyone could follow Stafford, Ryan, and Sanchez and come away thinking that Sanchez is the best of the bunch.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4298703]I swear I f*cking hate stats.

To hell with numbers, just use the good old fashioned eyeball test.

I don't know about you guys, but going by what I see ON THE FIELD, Sanchez isn't close to being the franchise QB we all envision him being. I hope it happens by next year, but who knows?

I was high on the kid even before the draft in '09 and was in full support of the Jets moving up for the guy. But so far, he's not even close to being "the guy" for this franchise.

I honestly don't see how anyone could follow Stafford, Ryan, and Sanchez and come away thinking that Sanchez is the best of the bunch.[/QUOTE]

Well yes Stafford has talent. He also has Megatron who is one of the best athletes in the entire league. And he can't stay healthy. Looking at Ryan, he has Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Michael Turner. He also hasn't won a playoff game yet and he is in his 4th season.

Now add the fact that while MS has had the benefit of the same offensive system for 3 years, he has not had any stability year to year at the offensive line or at receiver.

That and his primary receiver(Keller) is completely over rated and his check down (Tomlinson) is very long in the tooth.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pcola;4298642]With as bad as Hunter has been this year, he has kind of overshadowed how DBrick has regressed this year.

What if we sign/draft a LT and move DBrick over to the right side? People here get on Sanchez because of his salary, what about DBrick's? He is easily the worst LT in our division, yet he is making over $8M a year. I'd say move him to the right side for 2012 and if he can't handle the switch then we cut him and his salary after 2012.[/QUOTE]

A RT is relied upon to be more of a run blocker on our team. BRICK is OK but great in run blocking. I wonder if he had trouble keeping his weight and strength up this year?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pcola;4298749]Well yes Stafford has talent. He also has Megatron who is one of the best athletes in the entire league. And he can't stay healthy. Looking at Ryan, he has Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Michael Turner. He also hasn't won a playoff game yet and he is in his 4th season.

Now add the fact that while MS has had the benefit of the same offensive system for 3 years, he has not had any stability year to year at the offensive line or at receiver.

That and his primary receiver(Keller) is completely over rated and his check down (Tomlinson) is very long in the tooth.[/QUOTE]

LT has afew years on him but is very competant as a receiver. Who is better in the AFCE? Holmes has been touted as a great receiver. Your point is? Its hard to be a great receiver even if you are Megatron when the QB is inaccurate with little pocket presence and happy feet. I'd like to see Mark with a new OC and QB coach so we can make an informed decision about him quickly. I'd hope that he wakes up out of the funk and becomes what so many fans think he is. He is quite expensive on top of it all.

Stafford is also the youngest QB enroute to 4000 yards. He has been hurt but is an excellent QB prospect enroute to a great career. Why try to diminsih what he is doing by saying he gets hurt? Many QBs get hurt but few have the talent he has. I am sure that you think Sanchez is better but I don't. I am a Jets fan and want to win a SB and do not care which QB gets us there! Please tell us that it was because of sanchez we went to two AFCCG in prior years. The man is/was a game manager. If he has great parts around him he will do well . If he has to carry the team to many victories, we could have a problem. I like to overvalue Jets players but not at the expense of another talented player.

Please describe how great RYAN's defense has been in the past 4 years. Defense wins championships. Mark has had the benefit of a great defense and a great creative -defensive mind.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 12-29-2011 at 10:17 PM.