Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do you start rooting for the Dolphins?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

When do you start rooting for the Dolphins?

I'm clocking out at 10-0 Titans. Don't need to see the Jets put up an inspired performance and save Schitty's job for another unbearable season. I doubt I'll follow the team as closely next year if Schitty remains, so for me:

the enjoyment of the 2012 season [B]>[/B] the small chance we make the playoffs, and even smaller chance we'll do anything once in

If it's clear the other pieces aren't falling for us, I'd love to see Sanchez throw 80 passes for 149 yards and 3 picks. Double end arounds to John Conner would be nice,.. and the 5 yard "money slant" to a double covered receiver? Let it all loose, Brian.

I have to admit it will be fun to root FOR little Bri-Bri's incompetence for once, rather than desperately try to stave it off.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4297826]I'm clocking out at 10-0 Titans. Don't need to see the Jets put up an inspired performance and save Schitty's job for another unbearable season. I doubt I'll follow the team as closely next year if Schitty remains, so for me:

the enjoyment of the 2012 season [B]>[/B] the small chance we make the playoffs, and even smaller chance we'll do anything once in

If it's clear the other pieces aren't falling for us, I'd love to see Sanchez throw 80 passes for 149 yards and 3 picks. Double end arounds to John Conner would be nice,.. and the 5 yard "money slant" to a double covered receiver? Let it all loose, Brian.

I have to admit it will be fun to root FOR little Bri-Bri's incompetence for once, rather than desperately try to stave it off.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear what you're saying, but I personally couldn't do it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is when I will root for the Dolphins:

[IMG]http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.bbsradio.com/userfiles/image/Image/When%20Pigs%20Fly/WhenPigsFly.jpg&sa=X&ei=FR_8TvS_HebI0AG64MmCAg&ved=0CA4Q8wc&usg=AFQjCNFN0RC6AEUg8ueftJH8bZusEUu6zA[/IMG]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I root for a tie when they play the pats or bills.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing the Jets lose to prove a point or out of spite is selfish and stupid.

No one in the Jets organization will get someone's "point" that's not already been established (I.e. the Schottenheimer situation).

A draft choice 1 or 2 spots higher will not change the team to the point that the Jets will win the Superbowl.

"Tanking" it will cause a whole (new) set of loaded issues with the media.

When the Jets are out of it, this message board acts like a kid at Toys R' Us who doesn't get his toy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm rooting for them already. F*ck the playoffs, I want Schottenheimer out of here. That's more important.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a word......

[B][SIZE="5"]NEVER!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

Root for the [B][SIZE="3"]FINS!!!!![/SIZE][/B]:eek:

Good Grief!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but :barf: I can't even say it.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last game of the year makes no difference.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we need them to beat the Patriots is about the only time I can think of.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4297839]This is when I will root for the Dolphins:

[IMG]http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.bbsradio.com/userfiles/image/Image/When%20Pigs%20Fly/WhenPigsFly.jpg&sa=X&ei=FR_8TvS_HebI0AG64MmCAg&ved=0CA4Q8wc&usg=AFQjCNFN0RC6AEUg8ueftJH8bZusEUu6zA[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Well said!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4297867]I'm rooting for them already. F*ck the playoffs, I want Schottenheimer out of here. That's more important.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Just don't watch the game so you don't actually have to root for them. Hope for a Jet loss, which means a higher draft position and a better likelihood of substantial changes. Best case: Tanny out. More likely: Schotty scapegoated.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Q: When is a New York Jets 2-14 season a success?

A: When both those wins are against the freakin' Miami Dolphins!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather get a third straight winning season and I could never root for Miami..IMO Schotty sealed his fate in the Giants game no matter what happens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only time I ever came close to this was the final game of 2008. I despised Favre so much I just wanted to see him fail. We had already been eliminated from the playoffs by kickoff though, so the game truly did not matter.

This week is different

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4297863]Wishing the Jets lose to prove a point or out of spite is selfish and stupid.

No one in the Jets organization will get someone's "point" that's not already been established (I.e. the Schottenheimer situation).

A draft choice 1 or 2 spots higher will not change the team to the point that the Jets will win the Superbowl.

"Tanking" it will cause a whole (new) set of loaded issues with the media.

When the Jets are out of it, this message board acts like a kid at Toys R' Us who doesn't get his toy.

[/QUOTE]

This.

Especially the Toys R' Us observation.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4297996]I would rather get a third straight winning season and I could never root for Miami..IMO Schotty sealed his fate in the Giants game no matter what happens[/QUOTE]

Agree on all counts. Root for Miami? Efffff that

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP

If you want to root for the Dolphins, go for it but don't come running back here when they lose.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4297826]I'm clocking out at 10-0 Titans. Don't need to see the Jets put up an inspired performance and save Schitty's job for another unbearable season. I doubt I'll follow the team as closely next year if Schitty remains, so for me:

I have to admit it will be fun to root FOR little Bri-Bri's incompetence for once, rather than desperately try to stave it off.[/QUOTE]

I get more joy in watching my team succeed then rooting for someone to lose his job.