Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: When do you start rooting for the Dolphins?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,124

    When do you start rooting for the Dolphins?

    I'm clocking out at 10-0 Titans. Don't need to see the Jets put up an inspired performance and save Schitty's job for another unbearable season. I doubt I'll follow the team as closely next year if Schitty remains, so for me:

    the enjoyment of the 2012 season > the small chance we make the playoffs, and even smaller chance we'll do anything once in

    If it's clear the other pieces aren't falling for us, I'd love to see Sanchez throw 80 passes for 149 yards and 3 picks. Double end arounds to John Conner would be nice,.. and the 5 yard "money slant" to a double covered receiver? Let it all loose, Brian.

    I have to admit it will be fun to root FOR little Bri-Bri's incompetence for once, rather than desperately try to stave it off.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I'm clocking out at 10-0 Titans. Don't need to see the Jets put up an inspired performance and save Schitty's job for another unbearable season. I doubt I'll follow the team as closely next year if Schitty remains, so for me:

    the enjoyment of the 2012 season > the small chance we make the playoffs, and even smaller chance we'll do anything once in

    If it's clear the other pieces aren't falling for us, I'd love to see Sanchez throw 80 passes for 149 yards and 3 picks. Double end arounds to John Conner would be nice,.. and the 5 yard "money slant" to a double covered receiver? Let it all loose, Brian.

    I have to admit it will be fun to root FOR little Bri-Bri's incompetence for once, rather than desperately try to stave it off.
    LOL

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    I hear what you're saying, but I personally couldn't do it.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    This is when I will root for the Dolphins:


  5. #5
    I root for a tie when they play the pats or bills.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Wishing the Jets lose to prove a point or out of spite is selfish and stupid.

    No one in the Jets organization will get someone's "point" that's not already been established (I.e. the Schottenheimer situation).

    A draft choice 1 or 2 spots higher will not change the team to the point that the Jets will win the Superbowl.

    "Tanking" it will cause a whole (new) set of loaded issues with the media.

    When the Jets are out of it, this message board acts like a kid at Toys R' Us who doesn't get his toy.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    I'm rooting for them already. F*ck the playoffs, I want Schottenheimer out of here. That's more important.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,599
    In a word......



    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

    Root for the FINS!!!!!

    Good Grief!!!!

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jersey shore
    Posts
    2,002
    I'm sorry but I can't even say it.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,366
    Last game of the year makes no difference.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,805
    When we need them to beat the Patriots is about the only time I can think of.

  12. #12
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    This is when I will root for the Dolphins:

    Well said!

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    I'm rooting for them already. F*ck the playoffs, I want Schottenheimer out of here. That's more important.

    Agreed. Just don't watch the game so you don't actually have to root for them. Hope for a Jet loss, which means a higher draft position and a better likelihood of substantial changes. Best case: Tanny out. More likely: Schotty scapegoated.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,570
    Q: When is a New York Jets 2-14 season a success?











































    A: When both those wins are against the freakin' Miami Dolphins!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,658
    I would rather get a third straight winning season and I could never root for Miami..IMO Schotty sealed his fate in the Giants game no matter what happens

  16. #16
    Only time I ever came close to this was the final game of 2008. I despised Favre so much I just wanted to see him fail. We had already been eliminated from the playoffs by kickoff though, so the game truly did not matter.

    This week is different

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Wishing the Jets lose to prove a point or out of spite is selfish and stupid.

    No one in the Jets organization will get someone's "point" that's not already been established (I.e. the Schottenheimer situation).

    A draft choice 1 or 2 spots higher will not change the team to the point that the Jets will win the Superbowl.

    "Tanking" it will cause a whole (new) set of loaded issues with the media.

    When the Jets are out of it, this message board acts like a kid at Toys R' Us who doesn't get his toy.
    This.

    Especially the Toys R' Us observation.

    _

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    I would rather get a third straight winning season and I could never root for Miami..IMO Schotty sealed his fate in the Giants game no matter what happens
    Agree on all counts. Root for Miami? Efffff that

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,299
    DUMP

    If you want to root for the Dolphins, go for it but don't come running back here when they lose.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I'm clocking out at 10-0 Titans. Don't need to see the Jets put up an inspired performance and save Schitty's job for another unbearable season. I doubt I'll follow the team as closely next year if Schitty remains, so for me:

    the enjoyment of the 2012 season > the small chance we make the playoffs, and even smaller chance we'll do anything once in

    If it's clear the other pieces aren't falling for us, I'd love to see Sanchez throw 80 passes for 149 yards and 3 picks. Double end arounds to John Conner would be nice,.. and the 5 yard "money slant" to a double covered receiver? Let it all loose, Brian.

    I have to admit it will be fun to root FOR little Bri-Bri's incompetence for once, rather than desperately try to stave it off.
    I get more joy in watching my team succeed then rooting for someone to lose his job.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us