Thread: Who is going to Houston next weekend?

Who is going to Houston next weekend?

Had to start this. There is just so much negativity here that it is no longer fun to visit anymore. There are no more actual football discussions just threads that get started and morph into fire Schotty or get rid of Sanchez or fire Rex. This is truly the best NYJ fan site there is and for the most part has great discussions and great information.

I would personally like to see Wayne Hunter and Brian Schottenheimer called into Rex's office months/years ago and have pink slips handed to them on the spot. It's not happening. Maybe after the season it will but not before that. It might take Schotty to get a head coaching job in order for this to happen so let's hope that's the case.

Sadly, because of Hunter, Sanchez is always going to be one step closer from a season/career ending injury. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

We have an opportunity this weekend to win a game and then get some help with a few losses and we will be playing the Houston Texans next weekend in wild card weekend. We win that game and guess where we end up? NE. Who knows what happens but I would give anything to see it at this point.

Let's look at the bright side here. Giants and Eagles game behind us, its time to get ready to fry the fish!!

All League
    I think the most positive people want change. I am one of those and will not be content until Schotty is gone and we change the players on the roster who obviously should not be starting in the league.

I doubt we will be in Houston next week and the sad part is we could have won that game.

All Pro
    I think almost all of us would like to see the Jets make the playoffs and win on Sunday if it meant we would go on a run in the playoffs and compete for a championship.

I just think most of us have seen enough of this team to realistically realize that we're just not capable of beating quality teams at all right now, let alone on the road, where we're a dismal 2-5.

Patriots?
    Ravens?
    Giants?
    Eagles?
    Raiders?
    Broncos?

All losses (and half those teams are mediocre 7-8/8-7 themselves.

I think in our quest for a championship people are looking at the bigger picture.

Cuz frankly, it's hard to get your hopes up for a a miracle wild card birth we don't really even deserve, especially when there is a 75% chance we lay an egg in Miami.

I personally think things are going to fall into place this weekend.
    Jake Long being out will be a game changer for the Jets defense.
    Matt Moore is going from playing the Pats defense, without 10 sack pro bowler Carter, & a really bad secondary to the Jets.
    Granted, we are not world beaters but Rex will exploit the weakness on that side of their Oline with Long on the bench.

I'm seeing a lot of mistakes from the Fins offense. Revis will cover Marshall & Maybin will be chasing around Moore.

Jets will win this game with field position.

Ravens do NOT want a division opponent in the tournament
    Same with the Texans (Bad offense vs very good defense)
    Chargers will play loose & challenge the Raiders secondary all day, they have nothing to lose & that is a scary proposition for Oakland.

Then you have the Orton factor! Division game, KC with nothing to lose, trying to help their QB get revenge vs a team that cut him. KC played them once already so Romeo will have a different game plan to slow down the Denver running game, plus McGehee is not 100% & that has really hurt them the past 2 games.

Unlike past years where you had what seemed like insurmountable odds, all of these games you can point to something that gives you hope.
    We're not looking for the Colts to go to Foxboro or something of that nature.
    Rex has a horseshoe up his butt when it comes to the playoffs & I can see it happening again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If the Jets get to visit Houston, and I can find a reasonable flight, I will buy the first round @ The Flying Saucer Beer Emporium.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Austin;4297897]I think almost all of us would like to see the Jets make the playoffs and win on Sunday if it meant we would go on a run in the playoffs and compete for a championship.

I just think most of us have seen enough of this team to realistically realize that we're just not capable of beating quality teams at all right now, let alone on the road, where we're a dismal 2-5.

Patriots?
    Ravens?
    Giants?
    Eagles?
    Raiders?
    Broncos?

All losses (and half those teams are mediocre 7-8/8-7 themselves.

I think in our quest for a championship people are looking at the bigger picture.

Cuz frankly, it's hard to get your hopes up for a a miracle wild card birth we don't really even deserve, especially when there is a 75% chance we lay an egg in Miami.[/QUOTE]

solid post.