Thread: Stop dropping balls & make a damn play!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop dropping balls & make a damn play!

Brady would never put up with it!
    Neither would Rogers!
    Brees, uh uh!

Because I had to watch most of Saturdays game on NFL Redzone, it was impossible to see EVERYTHING that transpired in that game.
    After seeing the replay on NFL network Tuesday night, I got a clearer picture.

Is Sanchez accuracy where Brees is? of course not how many NFL QBs are?
    But, over & over again, Jets receivers are DROPPING huge 3rd down throws that pro players should be making in their sleep.
    We all know that with Shoddy this offense is boring & predictable, but, Sanchez needs help to make something happen!
    Was the 3rd down throw to Greene a little low? sure, was is catchable? your damn right! Plus he had noone around him which would have allowed him to turn up field & get at least 5-10 yards!
    How about the throw to Keller on 3rd down that ATE HIM UP, not only was it catchable, it was in stride which would have allowed him to get some YAC!

Holmes? How about another 2 drops on 3rd down with balls in his hands. I watch a lot of NFL football & you just do not see this kind of badly executed drops in crucial moments.

Rhythm killers! Happens EVERY WEEK with this crew!
    How about the throw to Plax on the sideline down at the 5 I believe. Perfectly throw ball where only the receiver has a chance, oops, let his knee hit out of bounds. I see Antonio Brown & Wallace make those catches look easy.

Don't get me wrong, Plax has made some spectacular plays but you HAVE to make these plays on 3rd down!

I counted at least 5 drops in that game, 3 of them on huge 3rd downs.
    Do you know what happens in New England when players drop Bradys passes?
    They don't see the ball again.

The biggest problem with the 2011 Jets is that NO ONE is held responsible for mistakes. They don't get corrected. That is on the coaches. many have said on this site, "what the hell are they doing in practice?".

Who knows, but it all falls back to the coaches. All of them.
    Our defense is not perfect, but, they have done enough to have earned wins that have ended in losses, @ Denver, Giants.

You take these dropped passes or lousy lazy routes & you catch the damn ball to get another set of downs & good things happen. Sanchez completion % should have been in the high 60s that game.

He ran for his life on every snap! Talk about having to keep your concentration while eveything is crumbling around you! The one play that stood out was when JP came untouched, Sanchez scrambled away & even had the where withall to peak back to him to make sure his wouldn't be blindsided by this animal.
    Sanchez & Revis balled all game!
    After seeing that whole game, I came away with the feeling that Sanchez might be the toughest SOB on this team. To bad he isn't getting the help he needs from everyone else.
    Brady would have folded if he was ever hit & chased as much as Mark was in that game.
    When we get a OC in here that can get this kids confidence back & jettison Hunter to the bench where he belongs, & most importantly have his receivers catch the damn ball when it hits their hands, there is much upside to his game.
    Lord hear our prayer!
    Last edited by jetster; 12-29-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on man!!!!!

Sanchez is making enough money where he should be able to throw the ball and catch the ball at the same [B][SIZE="3"]TIME[/SIZE][/B]!!!!!!!:P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4297902]Brady would never put up with it!
    Neither would Rogers!
    Brees, uh uh!

Because I had to watch most of Saturdays game on NFL Redzone, it was impossible to see EVERYTHING that transpired in that game.
    After seeing the replay on NFL network Tuesday night, I got a clearer picture.

Is Sanchez accuracy where Brees is? of course not how many NFL QBs are?
    But, over & over again, Jets receivers are DROPPING huge 3rd down throws that pro players should be making in their sleep.
    We all know that with Shoddy this offense is boring & predictable, but, Sanchez needs help to make something happen!
    Was the 3rd down throw to Greene a little low? sure, was is catchable? your damn right! Plus he had noone around him which would have allowed him to turn up field & get at least 5-10 yards!
    How about the throw to Keller on 3rd down that ATE HIM UP, not only was it catchable, it was in stride which would have allowed him to get some YAC!

Holmes? How about another 2 drops on 3rd down with balls in his hands. I watch a lot of NFL football & you just do not see this kind of badly executed drops in crucial moments.

How about the throw to Plax on the sideline down at the 5 I believe. Perfectly throw ball where only the receiver has a chance, oops, let his knee hit out of bounds. I see Antonio Brown & Wallace make those catches look easy.

Don't get me wrong, Plax has made some spectacular plays but you HAVE to make these plays on 3rd down!

The biggest problem with the 2011 Jets is that NO ONE is held responsible for mistakes. They don't get corrected. That is on the coaches. many have said on this site, "what the hell are they doing in practice?".

Who knows, but it all falls back to the coaches. All of them.
    Our defense is not perfect, but, they have done enough to have earned wins that have ended in losses, @ Denver, Giants.

You take these dropped passes or lousy lazy routes & you catch the damn ball to get another set of downs & good things happen. Sanchez completion % should have been in the high 60s that game.

He ran for his life on every snap! Talk about having to keep your concentration while eveything is crumbling around you! The one play that stood out was when JP came untouched, Sanchez scrambled away & even had the where withall to peak back to him to make sure his wouldn't be blindsided by this animal.
    Sanchez & Revis balled all game!
    After seeing that whole game, I came away with the feeling that Sanchez might be the toughest SOB on this team. To bad he isn't getting the help he needs from everyone else.
    Brady would have folded if he was ever hit & chased as much as Mark was in that game.
    When we get a OC in here that can get this kids confidence back & jettison Hunter to the bench where he belongs, & most importantly have his receivers catch the damn ball when it hits their hands, there is much upside to his game.
    Lord hear our prayer![/QUOTE]

PREACH!!!!
    Sanchez needs his receivers to be willing to die to catch the ball for him. If they had any respect for the team and thir Qb then they'd look better even with Lil Schott running/anchoring the O.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Another point that has been made on this board, and incorrectly, is that he overthrew the two long balls he tried. This is inaccurate. On both of those balls, the receivers checked up, after beating their coverage, and then re-accelerated, resulting in a long ball. Had the receivers kept going, after beating their men, the ball would have been right on target.

Keller's first 4 or 5 passes were all catchable, some hitting him in his hand, face or body, and NONE were caught.

Want to really enjoy a game? Watch Plax when he is not the primary read. To say he jogs his route would be an insult to 70 year old power walkers at the mall.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4297920]I agree. Another point that has been made on this board, and incorrectly, is that he overthrew the two long balls he tried. This is inaccurate. On both of those balls, the receivers checked up, after beating their coverage, and then re-accelerated, resulting in a long ball. Had the receivers kept going, after beating their men, the ball would have been right on target.

Keller's first 4 or 5 passes were all catchable, some hitting him in his hand, face or body, and NONE were caught.

Want to really enjoy a game? Watch Plax when he is not the primary read. To say he jogs his route would be an insult to 70 year old power walkers at the mall.[/QUOTE]

This is a great point and one I didn't have the strength to argue earlier...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4297920]I agree. Another point that has been made on this board, and incorrectly, is that he overthrew the two long balls he tried. This is inaccurate. On both of those balls, the receivers checked up, after beating their coverage, and then re-accelerated, resulting in a long ball. Had the receivers kept going, after beating their men, the ball would have been right on target.

[B]Want to really enjoy a game? Watch Plax when he is not the primary read. To say he jogs his route would be an insult to 70 year old power walkers at the mall.[/B][/QUOTE]

As does the prima donna, Holmes.

And Namath said last year during Hard Knocks the WRs weren't running hard on their routes during practice..

Ellard, the WR Coach is terrible!

Anthony Lynn, the RB Coach graded Greene the best RB in the draft when he was coming out of college..How can you say that if he can't catch or block..

The whole O staff needs to go!
    Last edited by C Mart; 12-29-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    its really on all parties. Sanchez blows a lot of throws, but his receivers rarely bail him out, much less catch everything thrown to them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad Braylon Edwards has issues. Because the Jets STILL haven't replaced Keyshawn Johnson! Braylon was the closest thing to that. Sanchez needs a BIG Go To Target to depend on. Holmes is tiny. Plax is too slow. Jets really need another WR.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman;4297934]Too bad Braylon Edwards has issues. Because the Jets STILL haven't replaced Keyshawn Johnson! Braylon was the closest thing to that. Sanchez needs a BIG Go To Target to depend on. Holmes is tiny. Plax is too slow. Jets really need another WR.[/QUOTE]

Yep...And Patrick Turner, who I like, doesn't look like anything but a 4th WR...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4297924]As does the prima donna, Holmes.

And Namath said last year during Hard Knocks the WRs weren't running hard on their routes during practice..

Ellard, the WR Coach is terrible!

Anthony Lynn, the RB Coach graded Greene the best RB in the draft when he was coming out of college..How can you say that if he can't catch or block..

The whole O staff needs to go![/QUOTE]

+1
    Just look at the Steelers! My god! Wallace & Brown are ballers! Mendenhall & Redman run like a hot poker has been shoved up their a**.
    How many balls does Welker or Gronk drop?

Hell just look at Cincy & what Green & Simpson are doing.
    Plax & Tone are lazy mo f*ckers
    Keller? worst year yet dropping balls.

When I really look at how bad our skill guys play sometimes it makes me realize that Mark is saddled with players that do not bring it for 60 full minutes. Mark brings it a full 60! Even on that dive on that last TD! Dude has been getting the bajesus beat out of him all day & he's still bringing it.

If every single player on the Jets played as hard as Mark does we would have been in the playoffs already. I for one am not even CLOSE to giving up on this kid.
    Thats why Rex LOVES this kid & backs him like he does.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4297937]Yep...And Patrick Turner, who I like, doesn't look like anything but a 4th WR...[/QUOTE]

Turner?
    That guy wouldn't even make any team that is above 500 this year.
    Yet he gets to play for the Jets.
    Good Grief!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is a bit of a gun slinger. He'll throw it up there for you. The problem is that the Jets don't have a Calvin Johnson type of WR. Maybe Braylon comes back on the cheap if he's healthy. It seems like he had the best rapport withh Sanchez, besides Keller.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I like to compare Fantasy Football with the real thing, but...

...if you look at the skill position player rankings [B]the Jets did not have a single player in the top 15 at ANY POSITION[/B] (QB, RB, WR, TE) at the start of the season or at any point during the season.

That is a serious lack of talent and amazing that people still considered us a playoff team or Super Bowl contender earlier in the year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4297902]

[/QUOTE]

This is what I don't get with the Giant game criticism.

He threw at least 5 perfectly thrown balls that would have extended drives, made substantial gains--could have led to POINTS--but 'hey he's inaccurate because he overthrew McKnight'.

Ridiculous.

Catch the damn ball and we win going away.

Another thing that is bugging me was "Sanchez losing another fumble".

Pro-bowler Mangold hiked it into his KNEE!!!

What was he supposed to do?

Execute and we win the game.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets receivers dropping balls? How is that possible, Braylon is no longer on this team? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4297902]After seeing the replay on NFL network Tuesday night, I got a clearer picture.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you've said, but to these two points:

There's nothing like being at the games but the 4 hours of drinking beer and eating pork products in sub freezing weather does (or so I've heard) tend to make you a bit emotional and miss things. Watching the game again later in the week is a real eye opener.

And, you are right about how other teams handle mistakes and slackers. Did Ocho truely go from top reciever to total suck by changing teams? Hell no, he won't toe the Brady\Beladick line so he doesn't see the ball; Rex is too busy being the most well loved coach to play the hardball he needs to.
    Wake up Rex!