Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Source: Callahan likely to Succeed Schotty

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, the Mouth will go for Callahan because he likes to keep stuff in house and is probably about upsetting his girly boy QB Sanchez too much. One thing is for sure--Woody isn't going to be happy about letting his Pet Schittymoron go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll happily give BC a chance. TBH, the entire offense looked like they didn't buy into Schitty's crap and were just phoning it in this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what Cimini will tweet tomorrow?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Nature Boy;4297967]The coordination of the run game has been stellar the last 4 years. Even this year (a down year) the coordination of the run game has been very good. We just don't stick to the run at all. Some of it has to do with the Jets falling behind but the reality is that Schotty gives up on it. It is like he wants to show off his branch of the offense and when he does, more often than not, it sucks. At this point in time, Schotty needs to take his system elsewhere. It is time for a new direction as the coordination of the pass game has always been the problem. Schotty has always blamed personnel. At some point the buck stops with him and finally it looks like that time has come.[/QUOTE]

This is right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomlinson: Everybody's an expert

With OC Brian Schottenheimer under fire, RB [URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/235249/ladainian-tomlinson"]LaDainian Tomlinson[/URL], who has known Schottenheimer his entire career, came to his defense. "Everybody from the outside in always thinks they can call plays better. That's the way it is."

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16638647[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4298474]I wonder what Cimini will tweet tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

[b]BREAKING NEWS :[/b] [i]Vinny Testaverde to become the new QB Coach for Mark Sanchez[/i]

:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4298621][b]BREAKING NEWS :[/b] [i]Vinny Testaverde to become the new QB Coach for Mark Sanchez[/i]

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Finally, the Jets do something smart!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4297969]CB, the "voice of reason", one of the best posters around. The OLINE more than any other unit must work together to succeed. One weak lenk and the unit is a failure. Unfortunately Wayne Hunter had a bad season and Mangold was hurt. I am all or Callahan becoming OC if the JETS fire Shotty..........[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of Callahan for our OC, BUT...

There should be a bunch of good candidates available this year and we should exercise due dilligence. If, after all the potential candidates are interviewed, it is determined that Callahan would be the best choice, then I'm down with it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say, if Callahan wants the job, give the guy a shot...will give us another opportunity to save the dwindling career of our once franchise QB and if that doesn't work after a year or two, they both go and we start fresh, really fresh....:huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4297953]based on his work with Vlad, Hunter, Moore, Slauson etc. Bill Callahan doesn't deserve a promotion.[/QUOTE]

+1. Hunter isn't the only player on the O-line who looks like he regressed from last year.

And you have to believe that Callahan weighed in on Hunter when Woody retired.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;4298981]+1. Hunter isn't the only player on the O-line who looks like he regressed from last year.

And you have to believe that Callahan weighed in on Hunter when Woody retired.[/QUOTE]

I'd really love to know what the thinking was on Hunter. At best they viewed him as a bridge to Vlad believing with some more coaching Vlad will finally figure out that whole pass bloacking thing. At worst, they actually thought he was good. I just can't figure out why they didn't have some vet waiting in the wings in case Hunter flamed out and Vlad was not ready.

I continue to be frustrated by the idea that this FO/coaching staff are not very conscious of the concepts of depth and competition.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he will not make the diffference.unless the jets see the handwriting on the wall.sanchez is not the answer at q.b.major upgrade of o.l is a must,both safety positions must be addressed.the jets must get back to the essentials.build through the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4299407]I'd really love to know what the thinking was on Hunter. At best they viewed him as a bridge to Vlad believing with some more coaching Vlad will finally figure out that whole pass bloacking thing. At worst, they actually thought he was good. I just can't figure out why they didn't have some vet waiting in the wings in case Hunter flamed out and Vlad was not ready.

I continue to be frustrated by the idea that this FO/coaching staff are not very conscious of the concepts of depth and competition.[/QUOTE]

His contract is basically a 1 yr tryout...He can be cut without any cap implications...same goes for Eric Smith

[URL]http://nyjetscap.com/salary12.html[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4297976]Between SAR saying Rex should be making sanchez into a top 10 QB and all this on here about callahan not being a good coach anymore, don't we think we are putting a little too much emphasis on how these guys can develop players?

DBrick and Mangold have made the pro-bowl multiple times. Slauson was a 7th round pick who has is a competent NFL starter. Moore graded out this year as a top 10 guard in the league. Is it really Callahan's fault that Hunter simply istn strong or quick enough to handle NFL pass rushers? Could callahan have prevented hunter from being thrown to the ground by someone 60 lbs lighter then him?

Is it at all possible that after 3 years in the same offense, running the same plays out of the same formations, defenses know what we are gonna do and consequently make the olines job so much harder?

He was a very good coordinator in Oakland and the biggest things he can do here are:

1. Keep terminology the same

2. Get our offense more vertical, which he did in Oakland, which will also open up the running game.

3. Make teams prepare for different plays in different situations.

4. Get the players back into believing in our offense (see comments after chicago game when multiple players said they were shocked that he play calls were finally different. Sadly that lasted one game).[/QUOTE]

I'm all for this man

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;4297929]What I like about Callahan is that he should provide a more seamless transition than someone coming out of the organization [B]and he has more HC experience than our current hc[/B].

That being said, our OL's struggles this year have me somewhat concerned as that is callahan's unit.[/QUOTE]

No he don't only 2 years as HC with the Raiders..