Thread: Entitled (All Speculation, No Facts)

Entitled (All Speculation, No Facts)

2009 AFC Championship Game. 2010 AFC Championship Game.

In my opinion, this team felt that because they were in the AFC Championship Game the past two years, they would be there again just because.

From the front office -- who made questionable offseason decisions that included unused money -- to coaching -- that include playcalling and lack of discipline -- to the players -- who showed no focus and who seemed unprepared more often than prepared -- this team acted like it was a no brainer that they would be back in the playoffs, back in an AFC Championship Game and beyond.

Sanchez was not good this year, OLine was not as good, I thought the wide recievers were terrible this year, the defense blew some games, special teams had more turnovers than I ever remember.

One of the biggest differences this year than in years past was that no one -- not coaches or players -- were clutch this year.

When the defense was needed for that 4th quarter stop, they were no where to be found. When the offense needed that 4th quarter drive or that score to put the game out of reach, they usually wound up going backwards.

I'm hoping this season is a wake up call. I hope the front office sees that if they stand still in the offseason, they'll be left behind...if players don't put in the effort, there's no chance at success.

I believe that next year the Jets will turn things around. If you don't, why watch the games.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JFB;4297928]2009 AFC Championship Game. 2010 AFC Championship Game.

In my opinion, this team felt that because they were in the AFC Championship Game the past two years, they would be there again just because.

From the front office -- who made questionable offseason decisions that included unused money -- to coaching -- that include playcalling and lack of discipline -- to the players -- who showed no focus and who seemed unprepared more often than prepared -- this team acted like it was a no brainer that they would be back in the playoffs, back in an AFC Championship Game and beyond.

Sanchez was not good this year, OLine was not as good, I thought the wide recievers were terrible this year, the defense blew some games, special teams had more turnovers than I ever remember.

One of the biggest differences this year than in years past was that no one -- not coaches or players -- were clutch this year.

When the defense was needed for that 4th quarter stop, they were no where to be found. When the offense needed that 4th quarter drive or that score to put the game out of reach, they usually wound up going backwards.

I'm hoping this season is a wake up call. I hope the front office sees that if they stand still in the offseason, they'll be left behind...if players don't put in the effort, there's no chance at success.

I believe that next year the Jets will turn things around. If you don't, why watch the games.[/QUOTE]

I heard Tanny was raffling off the 7th round pick to a fan. Thats how it appears they feel about the draft after the 4th round.