Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PFT: Callahan turned down extensions from Jets

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4298079]Thank you! Our line is the biggest hole we have. If this guy can't teach Hunter, Ducasse or somebody to block, and can't teach Moore not to hold (3 penalties last game) how the hell does he qualify for OC?

And don't say he got stuck with these guys, he had say in the drafts and cuts...[/QUOTE]

I think the only good job he has done is with Slauson. Slauson was as bad as Ducasse last season but he has improved greatly. He is far from perfect but I think he will become a solid LG.

I dont give him credit for Brick b.c I think Brick had to mature. He was a little undersized coming out and lacked the physicality. Also Brick has regressed this year. So even if you were to give him credit for Brick, you would have to take it away b.c of this year.

Mangold has always been a beast from the first day he stepped onto the field.

Moore was here before Callahan.

Faneca and Woody were Pro Bowlers before they came to the Jets.

Ducasse was a second-round talent who has turned into an absolute bust.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4298086]He is a very good actor. I believe he would have been a better choice to play Hoover than frickin Leonardo Dicaprio but I digress.

Didn't know he was a Jets fan.[/QUOTE]

PSH is underrated even though he has won an Oscar. I agree, he would have been a nice pick to play Hoover. He is a chameleon.

He is a fan.

right now it's anyone but schitty. if callahan stays, great but i'm sure there's a lot of bad taste in his mouth after not being allowed to interview last season and then having to put up with schitty for another season. no doubt schitty was looking to spread the blame and callahan probably took some internal flak.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4298106]right now it's anyone but schitty. if callahan stays, great but i'm sure there's a lot of bad taste in his mouth after not being allowed to interview last season and then having to put up with schitty for another season. no doubt schitty was looking to spread the blame and callahan probably took some internal flak.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and it is scary that Rex doesn't control the one loose cannon who is destroying this team!!!!:eek:

Veteran

Bill Callahan turned down extension with Jets

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/29/bill-callahan-turned-down-extension-with-jets/[/url]

If Schottenheimer goes, offensive line coach Bill Callahan is a logical candidate to replace him. But it’s possible Callahan could also choose to leave.......

All League
    He has said in the past he wants to be a HC again someday. I think this is the writing on the wall.

He is saying if he doesnt get the OC job he is out.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4298055]I think this is a good thing. Callahan is saving the Jets from themselves. Now if only Schotty would leave on his own as well.

Callahan sucks. The line was good when it had 4 Pro Bowlers. Now that it has 2 (should be 1) it sucks.[/QUOTE]

Actually according to Big Mouth it should be three---he can't understand why Brandon Moore didn't make it---So lets say you have three pro bowlers on your line--yes, Callahan sucks. THey need to clean house and bring someone in from the outside.