Thread: Heading to Miami This Weekend

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Heading to Miami This Weekend

I was a lot more excited about this game when I bought the tickets over the summer than I am now, but 75 degree weather on Jan 1 - and it still is a meaningful game, so I still hope it will be fun.

I would like to hear from other Jet fans who have gone to Miami about the in-stadium experience. Is the trash talk good natured? Is it okay to wear Jets Jerseys, etc. Is it likely to get ugly in the stadium?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there - and have been to all Jets @ Miami games last 6 or 7 years.

There's probably no road game with more Jets fans. It will be close to 50/50, or at least seem that way. Maybe in reality 30% Jets / 70% Dolphins.

It helps when the Dolphins suck for past few years - as the fans really can't do any trash talking with any authority.

You'll find lots of "J E T S Jets Jets Jets" chants... and just as many Fins fans yelling "suck suck suck" at the last 3 parts.

It's generally all good-natured. The parking lot scene is great with many big packs of Gang Green fans.

Orange Lot 13 is a favorite hang out for Jets fans, it's a cash lot so no Parking Pass needed meaning any and all can meet up here.

If you are tailgating keep in mind Sunday morning blue laws are still in effect in some area of South Florida.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Warning- Miami Fans

Many sicko's and given the Dolfag record wearing your colors may prove hazardous:huh::huh::huh:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Florida folks...

My Stubhub tix this time came with a Parking Pass for Orange Lot 10.

Anyone know... do I HAVE TO go in Lot 10? It's way over near University.

it's the farthest away from Lot 13 which is where I usually go and right by the Tpk.

Lot 13 is cash lot so I'm wondering if that means cash OR pass.

???

TIA

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sun Life Stadium Parking:

[url]http://www.sunlifestadium.com/content/parking.aspx[/url]

Scroll to bottom of page and click on left diagram "Click to Enlarge".

(Poorly designed page - it looks like those diagrams are part of the "Disabled Parking" section).

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not too late to hop on a plane...

"This is why snowbirds migrate South. South Florida should enjoy almost picture-perfect weather on Friday, with sunny skies, highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid to upper 50s. Because of low humidity, the air should feel cool and dry.

As previously noted, the New Year's holiday weekend also should be nice, with lots of sun and mild temperatures on Saturday and Sunday."

[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/storm-center-blog/sfl-sunny-mild-20111229,0,7636502.story[/url]

(if you got $1000 or so to spare).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4297992]I was a lot more excited about this game when I bought the tickets over the summer than I am now, but 75 degree weather on Jan 1 - and it still is a meaningful game, so I still hope it will be fun.

I would like to hear from other Jet fans who have gone to Miami about the in-stadium experience. Is the trash talk good natured? Is it okay to wear Jets Jerseys, etc. Is it likely to get ugly in the stadium?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There is a south Florida JETS fan club (see their FB page). They are doing a few things like a New Years eve party etc.... girl names Lindsay runs the club.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no plans for New Years and I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on a weekend in Miami...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4298929]I have no plans for New Years and I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on a weekend in Miami...[/QUOTE]

Fort Laud (FLL) is actually closer to the stadium... or about the same... as MIA.

Problem is, this is the end of the huge holiday week - and with the strong NY/FL connections, it's one of the WORST times to try to fly between NY and FL.

If you're flexible, you could get cheaper flights coming back Tuesday or later. Trying to get back Monday is $$$. Of course... you might end up eating up any savings in hotel etc.

Looks like you could do JetBlue from JFK-FLL for about $500 RT.