Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes it takes 1 step back to take 2 big steps forward

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4298240]That same front office got us Revis, Mangold, Harris, Brick. So yes I do have faith in them[/QUOTE]

Yes, but with a different coach's influence. And that's a bit old news now isn't it? The past three years haven't exactly been stellar in the talent evaluation department, has it?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4298257]-New Offensive Coordinator...[/QUOTE]

Just because he's new doesn't guarantee he'll be better, especially with the same middling QB.

[QUOTE]-1, possibly 2 New safeties....1 through FA and 1 through draft will not be hard.....Even Pool and Leonhard wouldn't be THAT bad with some competition and depth[/QUOTE]

What kind of player will Leonhard be when he recovers? And Pool? Please.

[QUOTE]-Find a Right Tackle to replace Hunter through FA or early in the draft.....Again, should not be too tough to find a decent right tackle[/QUOTE]

True

[QUOTE]-Bring Braylon Edwards back, draft speedy mid round WR[/QUOTE]

BE is not coming back to the Jets. And if he does, what makes you think he'll be the same player he was in '10?

Speedy mid round WRs are no locks. See Taylor Price.

[QUOTE]Other than that, just depth moves (especially speed on D) and competetion and we should be in the hunt.....Not the favorites, but in the hunt....I don't think that's unreasonable at all [/QUOTE]

It's not FF or Madden. It's just NOT that easy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4298297]

It's not FF or Madden. It's just NOT that easy.[/QUOTE]

Actualy it is that easy....

1/ 2 safties, RT, OC, and 1/2 speedy WRs WILL HAPPEN.......I guess we are really just arguing whether or not it will be effective, but it's not going to be difficult to find players to fill these positions that look atleast "ok" on paper, I'm sorry

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4298311]Actualy it is that easy....

1/ 2 safties, RT, OC, and 1/2 speedy WRs WILL HAPPEN.......I guess we are really just arguing whether or not it will be effective, but it's not going to be difficult to find players to fill these positions that look atleast "ok" on paper, I'm sorry[/QUOTE]

I see. I didn't realize that the goal was to assemble a team that "looks good on paper". This year's squad looked pretty good "on paper" this preseason, no?

I thought your point was "our future is bright as ever to be a team that will compete for it all every season for a decade", not assemble some paper tiger.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4298297]

BE is not coming back to the Jets. And if he does, what makes you think he'll be the same player he was in '10?
    [/QUOTE]

Never say never.

He'll be the same player because he'll actually get to.....you know...PLAY and also get plenty of throws coming his way.

The key thing, though, is the recovery from Knee-surgery.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4298311]Actualy it is that easy....

1/ 2 safties, RT, OC, and 1/2 speedy WRs WILL HAPPEN.......I guess we are really just arguing whether or not it will be effective, but it's not going to be difficult to find players to fill these positions that look atleast "ok" on paper, I'm sorry[/QUOTE]

With the third worst running game in the league, don't you need to add a running back to that list too? Will LT return? You may need two. Still easy?