Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes it takes 1 step back to take 2 big steps forward

Sometimes it takes 1 step back to take 2 big steps forward

I'm as disapointed as the next Jets fan, but after coming back up from that emotional let down against the Giants, I've realized that we're actually in good shape for the future.

-No matter what the media or anyone else wants you to believe, Mark Sanchez has actually improved a good bit over this season and will continue to do so.....We WILL get rid of Schotty and pair Mark up with an OC willing to work with his strengths. He may never be a top 3 qb, but I think he has a good chance to be pretty damn good.......He is not suited for the "checkdown offense" and has a ton of athletic and playmaking ability that other qb's do not....I think a lot of the great offensive minds around the league would love for a chance to work with Mark

-Rex Ryan is still one of the top "young" head coaches in this league.....As long as you have a coach everyone is willing to play hard for, you will be competetive.....If he were to be let go, he would get signed by a team looking for a HC in about 2 seconds, so be thankful we have Rex on our side.......He needs to work more on details with our players as I don't feel like we are all that prepared for EVERY situation that arise in different games, but overall he is one of the best HC's the Jets have ever had

- Tannenbaum must admit his mistakes and realize that garbage players like Eric Smith and Wayne Hunter simply don't cut it in the NFL......We will replace these guys, you can bank on that....

-Our offense lacks explosion and is missing about 2 fast playmakers overall.....Kerley is a nice player who should continue to mature into a very nice slot receiver....McKnight will be more involed next season.....I like Burress as a redzone threat, but not a starter.....Bring back Braylon Edwards and draft a speedy WR that can catch the long ball.....If an RB like Trent Richardson drops, take him....Otherwise, we'll be ok there

- On defense, we are solid but will need to add some speed to the OLB, MLB, and safety positions.....We will look to replace starters at safety for sure

I still hold out hope we can make the playoffs this season, but it is out of our control now......Either way, we are not far off at all and our future is bright as ever to be a team that will compete for it all every season for a decade

Just be patient Jets fans, sometimes you must take 1 step back to realize your mistakes in order to fix them and take 2 steps forward

J-E-T-S!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4298048]

-No matter what the media or anyone else wants you to believe, Mark Sanchez has actually improved a good bit over this season and will continue to do so.....We WILL get rid of Schotty and pair Mark up with an OC willing to work with his strengths.

-Rex Ryan is still one of the top "young" head coaches in this league

- On defense, we are solid but will need to add some speed to the OLB, MLB, and safety positions.....We will look to replace starters at safety for sure

[/QUOTE]

+1

+2

+3

_

60% of our season ticket holder fan base is good for the future too! We just need to replace the 40% who "sold out' and sold their tickets to Giants fans so they could make a couple bucks!....I'm still disgusted, we get a home game against the Giants once every 8 years, and when it's finally our turn, it becomes a "neutral site" game!

[QUOTE=King Koopa;4298048]I'm as disapointed as the next Jets fan, but after coming back up from that emotional let down against the Giants, I've realized that we're actually in good shape for the future.

-No matter what the media or anyone else wants you to believe, Mark Sanchez has actually improved a good bit over this season and will continue to do so.....We WILL get rid of Schotty and pair Mark up with an OC willing to work with his strengths. He may never be a top 3 qb, but I think he has a good chance to be pretty damn good.......He is not suited for the "checkdown offense" and has a ton of athletic and playmaking ability that other qb's do not....I think a lot of the great offensive minds around the league would love for a chance to work with Mark

-Rex Ryan is still one of the top "young" head coaches in this league.....As long as you have a coach everyone is willing to play hard for, you will be competetive.....If he were to be let go, he would get signed by a team looking for a HC in about 2 seconds, so be thankful we have Rex on our side.......He needs to work more on details with our players as I don't feel like we are all that prepared for EVERY situation that arise in different games, but overall he is one of the best HC's the Jets have ever had

- Tannenbaum must admit his mistakes and realize that garbage players like Eric Smith and Wayne Hunter simply don't cut it in the NFL......We will replace these guys, you can bank on that....

-Our offense lacks explosion and is missing about 2 fast playmakers overall.....Kerley is a nice player who should continue to mature into a very nice slot receiver....McKnight will be more involed next season.....I like Burress as a redzone threat, but not a starter.....Bring back Braylon Edwards and draft a speedy WR that can catch the long ball.....If an RB like Trent Richardson drops, take him....Otherwise, we'll be ok there

I still hold out hope we can make the playoffs this season, but it is out of our control now......Either way, we are not far off at all and our future is bright as ever to be a team that will compete for it all every season for a decade

Just be patient Jets fans, sometimes you must take 1 step back to realize your mistakes in order to fix them and take 2 steps forward

J-E-T-S![/QUOTE]

Good post! Agree on allllll points.

this was a house money year. tanny didn't spend to the cap limit and was hoping to get one more season out of guys like smith, thomas, lt, plax, leonhard, moore, etc. the jet front office is not stupid. they know they can only fill so many holes and there really aren't that many. most of the oline problems come from coaching and that will be laid on schitty.

in the off season i would expect the jets to get faster and better at safety and lb, get some depth/starters on the oline and fill in with wr's and rb's. there is no need to do a wholesale cleaning. a new offensive coach will do wonders and a little of rex charm will help too.

[QUOTE=King Koopa;4298048]I'm as disapointed as the next Jets fan, but after coming back up from that emotional let down against the Giants, I've realized that we're actually in good shape for the future.

J-E-T-S![/QUOTE]

concur on all parts

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4298114]this was a house money year. tanny didn't spend to the cap limit and was hoping to get one more season out of guys like smith, thomas, lt, plax, leonhard, moore, etc. the jet front office is not stupid. they know they can only fill so many holes and there really aren't that many. most of the oline problems come from coaching and that will be laid on schitty.

[B]in the off season i would expect the jets to get faster and better at safety and lb, get some depth/starters on the oline and fill in with wr's and rb's. [/B]there is no need to do a wholesale cleaning. a new offensive coach will do wonders and a little of rex charm will help too.[/QUOTE]

Yup :yes:

_

All Pro

J-E-T-S![/QUOTE]

Agree 100% I've been telling myself this ever since I realized this team isn't that good. Whether we make the playoffs or we don't, we'll re-up on talent in the offseason and then we'll be back next year.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;4298114]this was a house money year. tanny didn't spend to the cap limit and was hoping to get one more season out of guys like smith, thomas, lt, plax, leonhard, moore, etc. the jet front office is not stupid. they know they can only fill so many holes and there really aren't that many. most of the oline problems come from coaching and that will be laid on schitty.

in the off season i would expect the jets to get faster and better at safety and lb, get some depth/starters on the oline and fill in with wr's and rb's. there is no need to do a wholesale cleaning. a new offensive coach will do wonders and a little of rex charm will help too.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what he's doing I think. There wasn't a big upgrade on any one of these positions in this shortened offseason, so after he stopped chasing Aso, it was decided we would save cap to make key additions in this offseason..

From the very beginning of this season I said that Rex and the front office knew this year would be a step back. I see us reloading and making another run in 1-2 years.

[QUOTE=King Koopa;4298048]Sometimes it takes 1 step back to take 2 big steps forward[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Sometimes it takes 1 step back to take 2 big steps forward: The story of the New York Jets since January 12, 1969
    [/U][/B]
    That has a bit of a ring to it, could be the title of a history book about how futile the Jets have been as a franchise...

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4298166][B][U]Sometimes it takes 1 step back to take 2 big steps forward: The story of the New York Jets since January 12, 1969
    [/U][/B]
    That has a bit of a ring to it, could be the title of a history book about how futile the Jets have been as a franchise...[/QUOTE]

LOL :D

We're almost there man.....I promise

[QUOTE=King Koopa;4298048]

[/QUOTE]

I am with you on all points, but the one above confuses me. So we are good on D except for safety, and linebacker? That leaves the line and corners. 5 guys out of 11. I, personally, am very disappointed with the D this year. I do agree that we need speed there, but if 6 out of 5 are sub par (again I agree) that is not a good D.

[QUOTE=millsan1;4298181]I am with you on all points, but the one above confuses me. So we are good on D except for safety, and linebacker? That leaves the line and corners. 5 guys out of 11. I, personally, am very disappointed with the D this year. I do agree that we need speed there, but if 6 out of 5 are sub par (again I agree) that is not a good D.[/QUOTE]

Need to replace Eric Smith deifnitley.....We would be fine with everyone else on D but I simply meant we need to start grooming faster, younger players at OLB and MLB.....Guys that won't start at first, but get meaningful snaps in certain packages, other snaps as backups, and in case of injury

I'm as disapointed as the next Jets fan, but after coming back up from that emotional let down against the Giants, I've realized that we're actually in good shape for the future.
    [B]
    No I don't think you are as disappointed as the next guy, perhaps you are as disappointed as a guy like RayRay.[/B]

-No matter what the media or anyone else wants you to believe, Mark Sanchez has actually improved a good bit over this season and will continue to do so.....

[B]No he hasn't to any great degree, he looks very much like the player of the past two seasons.[/B]

We WILL get rid of Schotty and pair Mark up with an OC willing to work with his strengths.

[B]And you know this how? The one thing I'm looking forward to is having Sanchez just light this league up when he gets a new oc. It'll be great.[/B]

He may never be a top 3 qb, but I think he has a good chance to be pretty damn good.......He is not suited for the "checkdown offense" and has a ton of athletic and playmaking ability that other qb's do not....I think a lot of the great offensive minds around the league would love for a chance to work with Mark
    [B]
    The checkdown offense is there because the o-line was bad, he is not good at reading a defense, getting suckered on may plays by DB's and we have losuy wr's.[/B]

[B]
    Rex will be judged on what happens next year. If he learns from his huge errors then he will be here long term. If he doesn't he can't be thought of as a good coach.[/B]

[B]Tanny and Rex are joined at the hip. Tanny will defer to REx on many things. He needs to step up and assert himself as a gm and tell Rex how it is going to be not the other way around.[/B]

[B]Yup, in other words correct the horrible error of last year of jettisoning the teams best play maker and deep threat.[/B]

[B]If you have holes in three spots you are harldy solid. We need two new starters at safety.
    [/B]

[B]It would not surprise me at all if the Jets did get in this year. They have been lucky as hell the last two years why not this year?[/B]

[B]
    Nope, no reason to be patient. This is year three of this unit that is built to win now and the gm and coach have been making win now moves. this is not some 4-12 rebuilding team.[/B]

J-E-T-S!
    Last edited by Beerfish; 12-29-2011 at 12:59 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4298164]From the very beginning of this season I said that Rex and the front office knew this year would be a step back. I see us reloading and making another run in 1-2 years.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why he said "I am going to try and will a championship" because he knew he lacked the talent to get there? :dunno:

You guys make it seem so easy. Just "reload in the offseason, and be a elite contender for years to come". No worries that the same FO that brought you Gholston, Ducasse, Smith and Hunter will ever repeat those whiffs? Easy Peasy, huh? Okay.

(One look at the Pats D should prove that it's not so easy to reload from one year to the next)

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4298227]You guys make it seem so easy. Just "reload in the offseason, and be a elite contender for years to come". No worries that the same FO that brought you Gholston, Ducasse, Smith and Hunter will ever repeat those whiffs? Easy Peasy, huh? Okay.

(One look at the Pats D should prove that it's not so easy to reload from one year to the next)[/QUOTE]

That same front office got us Revis, Mangold, Harris, Brick. So yes I do have faith in them

1) I hate cliches

2) Since when hs this ever happened for the NY Jets? :mad:

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4298227]You guys make it seem so easy. Just "reload in the offseason, and be a elite contender for years to come". No worries that the same FO that brought you Gholston, Ducasse, Smith and Hunter will ever repeat those whiffs? Easy Peasy, huh? Okay.

(One look at the Pats D should prove that it's not so easy to reload from one year to the next)[/QUOTE]

-New Offensive Coordinator...

-1, possibly 2 New safeties....1 through FA and 1 through draft will not be hard.....Even Pool and Leonhard wouldn't be THAT bad with some competition and depth

-Find a Right Tackle to replace Hunter through FA or early in the draft.....Again, should not be too tough to find a decent right tackle

-Bring Braylon Edwards back, draft speedy mid round WR

Other than that, just depth moves (especially speed on D) and competetion and we should be in the hunt.....Not the favorites, but in the hunt....I don't think that's unreasonable at all

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4298245]1) I hate cliches

2) Since when hs this ever happened for the NY Jets? :mad:[/QUOTE]

You're right...Most likely we look really good and prime for a superbowl and we find some new ridiculous way to lose in the AFC Championship.....Better? :rolleyes: