Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is neck affecting Sanchez's long passes?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    braylon edwards 2010

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4298072][B]Sanchez Passing 15+ Yards Downfield, Last 2 Seasons[/B]

[B]Category -- 2010 -- 2011[/B]

Comp pct ... 41.7 ... 34.9*
    Yds/att ....... 11.0 .... 8.3
    Total QBR ... 89.2 .... 55.9

Last 6 games: 6-for-35 (17.1 percent).

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=27[/url][/QUOTE]

It's an intriguing concept but you really have to be careful with these stats. Passes include the run after the catch (So Cruz turned an 8 yd pass into a 99 yd completion). They also don't account for bonehead moves like Keller not looking and getting hit in the head with a perfect pass, or his and Holmes other 4 perfect but dropped passes. But going with the stats, here's what the year looks like for Longest and Average passes:

WEEK......AVG... ...Lng
    Week 1......7.61......33
    Week 2......7.58......37
    Week 3......8.39......74
    Week 4......3.4........30
    Week 5......6.39......22
    Week 6......8.04......38
    Week 7......5.24......34
    Week 8......8.21......24
    Week 9......7.85......38
    Week 10.....6.3.......30
    Week 11.....5.14......22
    Week 12.....5.16......30
    Week 13.....8.62......36
    Week 14.....5.77......41
    Week 15.....4.37......15

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4298100]No QB has to take a beating

if they throw it quickly or throw it away they don't have to get crushed

Mark holds it and holds it and he does pay the price. He's not making decisions that he needs to make. Whether he's playing too fast or too slow, I'm not sure (sometimes it's both). but there's a reason why the good QBs don't get blasted every play.

it's not all on the OL. the QB needs to get rid of the ball. there's this idea among Jets fans that all it takes is 5 all pros on the OL and Mark will be fine. No QB gets that luxury or that time. despite his high sack numbers, I'd put forth that Mark's protection is decent this year. there are many QBs that don't hve a Dbrick or a mangold.[/QUOTE]

Great point(s). I agree. He also stares down the receiver he wants to throw to. Normally he wants Killer-Keller. The other teams know it! He also has displayed happy feet and little pocket awareness. He does not seem to be the guy who has played his first two seasons with us. he could be injured. he seems to take too many punishing hits due to what you said Bit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any technique people question the way that Sanchez drops back and throws. His motion has always looked long to me--?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. play call
    2. lack of deep threat wr
    3. inaccurate throws the once in a blue moon someone is deep

nothing to do with his neck

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4298084]yep, I've been thinking the same thing...I wouldn't be surprised if he's been hurt since he got smashed on the first play of the season.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Like Beningo said, I wouldn't be surprised if he has surgery in the offseason for an injury he played most of the season with, but the team never disclosed. He had his issues the previous two years, but didn't look this bad. Something just doesn't seem right with him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4298433]Same here. Like Beningo said, [B]I wouldn't be surprised if he has surgery in the offseason for an injury he played most of the season with, but the team never disclosed. [/B] He had his issues the previous two years, but didn't look this bad. Something just doesn't seem right with him.[/QUOTE]

The Jets could get hit with another big fine (maybe worse), if true..Just like Favre/Mangini/Jets back in 2008