Thread: pouha should have made the pro bowl

pouha should have made the pro bowl

that is all
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 12-29-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Okay, yes, Pouha, Revis, Mangold, Brick, Moore (according to Rex) Harris and McKnight--that would give us 6 pro bowlers on a team that might end the season .500. By the way, if you are right, then why the hell didn't we win more games---Could it be the coach?

Tough crap. Maybe next year he'll make more impact plays and actually deserve to make it. This Jets team has about two guys that deserve to make the pro bowl, Revis and Harris, and that's it. Anyone else who didn't make it didn't get snubbed. This is an 8-8 team and not a single player has done anything worth being anywhere NEAR the pro bowl except those two guys(maybe).

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4298662]Tough crap. Maybe next year he'll make more impact plays and actually deserve to make it. This Jets team has about two guys that deserve to make the pro bowl, Revis and Harris, and that's it. Anyone else who didn't make it didn't get snubbed. This is an 8-8 team and not a single player has done anything worth being anywhere NEAR the pro bowl except those two guys(maybe).[/QUOTE]

9-7 after sun. slowdown and enjoy the ride jf16!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4298405]Okay, yes, Pouha, Revis, Mangold, Brick, Moore (according to Rex) Harris and McKnight--that would give us 6 pro bowlers on a team that might end the season .500. By the way, if you are right, then why the hell didn't we win more games---Could it be the coach?[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is we have a pro bowl OL.

I'm not saying it--Rex is---I'm saying that the only guy on that line that deserved Pro Bowl consideration is Mangold--and he was injured for several games and didn't have the best of years. This is the Hubris of Rex talking. By the way, D'Brick had a terrible season.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's the Pro Bowl, not the Very, Very Good Bowl.

I love Sione, but can't put him in there this year.

Revis and Mangold are 110% deserving, probably the two best players at their positions in the AFC. D'Brick was borderline this season in my opinion. Few others, if any, really warranted consideration with the exception of Harris and maybe McKnight as a Special Teams player.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 12-29-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4298405]Okay, yes, Pouha, Revis, [B][SIZE="6"]Mangold, Brick, Moore[/SIZE][/B] (according to Rex) Harris and McKnight--that would give us 6 pro bowlers on a team that might end the season .500. By the way, if you are right, then why the hell didn't we win more games---Could it be the coach?[/QUOTE]

Laughable. He wants to put 60% of the offensive line in the Pro Bowl for helping Sanchez rank 3rd in the NFL in most sacked this season???

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4298855]It's the Pro Bowl, not the Very, Very Good Bowl.

I love Sione, but can't put him in there this year.

Revis and Mangold are 110% deserving, probably the two best players at their positions in the AFC. D'Brick was borderline this season in my opinion. Few others, if any, really warranted consideration with the exception of Harris and maybe [B]McKnight as a Special Teams player[/B].[/QUOTE]

Why? For all the fumbled kickoff and punt returns?

no way...

and for that matter, brick shouldn't of made it either. and moore shouldn't be a second string fill in.

revis, harris end of convo.

I think that Pouha has been fantastic this season. He, along with Revis, Harris, and Mangold should have been in the Pro Bowl.

Our defense on runs up the middle has been great all year long (we're the best 3-4 team in the league on runs up the middle, the Bears are the only team better against runs up the gut). That's because of Pouha. Our struggles have come on plays off tackle to the left and right. The fault for that falls on the ends and outside linebackers for not setting the edge, and then on the safeties and linebackers for not making tackles.

Jets fans don't seem to realize this, but there is an argument to be made for Pouha being the best NT in the NFL. He doesn't give you anything in the pass rush department, but that's not even in the job description for a NT.

pouha? you gotta be kidding me. he couldnt get to the QB if he had a free lane :rolleyes:
    this defense isnt exactly great this season. and it starts up front with him.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [IMG]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9831/jetsbowlingnov2011c.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4298856]Laughable. He wants to put 60% of the offensive line in the Pro Bowl for helping Sanchez rank 3rd in the NFL in most sacked this season???[/QUOTE]

Rex has become a joke. He can still run a defense, but his talking is now just white noise to me. Nothing he says can be taken seriously any longer.

I just wonder if he's losing the team the same way.

He deserved it last year. This year he's been solid but not All-Star quality.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4298769]I'm not saying it--Rex is---I'm saying that the only guy on that line that deserved Pro Bowl consideration is Mangold--and he was injured for several games and didn't have the best of years. This is the Hubris of Rex talking. By the way, D'Brick had a terrible season.[/QUOTE]

was very surprised that brick made it based on this year....

all of this is moot as we will be playing in the super bowl and will be too busy prepping to take down the packers

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4299243][IMG]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9831/jetsbowlingnov2011c.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Sione! That looks like a pic from Santonio's 3rd & Long event. He's one of my all time favorites on defense along with DeVito, Darrelle, David & Bryan.

FWIW I think Pouha got jipped. He should have at least been named as a Pro-Bowl alternate.

:D

Hall Of Fame
    The only damned thing that pro bowl appearances get for the team is a deeper cap hole when it comes time to resign those players. Much better to have the performances on the field but get stiffed in the voting.

I for one hope we get zero pro bowl appearances for the next two decades.

And THAT is all.

[QUOTE=Ron Swanson;4298137]that is all[/QUOTE]

Do you think he had a better year than Ngata, Wilfork and Seymour?

[QUOTE=jetlifer;4299430]Do you think he had a better year than Ngata, Wilfork and Seymour?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely NOT