Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the ultimate Sanchez supporters

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Question for the ultimate Sanchez supporters

I'm not ready to close the door at all. I'm down on him but want to see what he can do with a real OC.

But i'm worried about how we move foward after next year when he's up for a new deal.

Sanchez has flaws and often shows signs of hurting a team more than helping it, so I can't consider myself an ultimate supporter. Again, i'm not ready to close the door by any means.

So here is my question: Let's say this was his contract year, it's not so far fetched because it's almost here. Are you ultimate supporters ready to give him a 6 year 70-80 million dollar contract right now? Look what Buffalo gave their guy, it may even take 6-7 years 90 mil.

Now let me also ask you, what if he plays more or less the same next year? Are you going to be ready to commit the years? Yes we can franchise him but we would be looking at around a 20 million dollar cap hit and would hurt chances of adding FA's or signing our own.

Again, are the ultimate Sanchez supporters ready to give him 6-7 years 80-90 mil if this coming offseason was his contract year?
    Last edited by LockeJET; 12-29-2011 at 12:33 PM.

In the beginning of the year they were all crowing to extend Sanchez contract to save cap space. They were all acting like he had already proven himself to be a franchise elite caliber QB that should be locked up for the next 10 years. The guy had a 75 rating 17td 13int 55% and they have no ****ing concern that he is the guy? I mean seriously just because the team got to the AFC championship game doesn't the QB have to prove he can lead the team and not have to rely on everyone else just to be good?

When I pointed out the obvious concerns they all just dismissed me as a secret Jets hater and troll. Fact is I am the biggest Jets fan of all. While they are trying to bring this team down to the gutter for the next decade just to support the Sanchize. :mad:

Veteran
    No

You can win in the NFL with an average QB (Trent Dilfer, Rich Ganon) however you cannot win with a QB that has absolutely no clue (Sanchez).

Not a chance I extend him for five minutes if he suxks agian next year.
    We can find a serviceable QB (David Garrard for example) and build a team that can compensate on derfense and on offense.

Besides, Rex thinks a football team is defense only.

All Pro
    Figures that magnus is the first one to post in a Sanchez thread and act like he has any kind of football acumen lol

I wouldn't want to give him 90 mill but there is no doubt that he is progressing at a steady pace and should be able to keep limiting his mistakes while capitalizing on his opportunities when they present themselves

[QUOTE=Pavilion;4298215]Figures that magnus is the first one to post in a Sanchez thread and act like he has any kind of football acumen lol

I wouldn't want to give him 90 mill [B]but there is no doubt [/B]that he is progressing at a steady pace and should be able to keep limiting his mistakes while capitalizing on his opportunities when they present themselves[/QUOTE]

????? Yes, there is doubt. His stats are progressing but in reality he is not.

All League
    [QUOTE=usapaw;4298234]????? Yes, there is doubt. His stats are progressing but in reality he is not.[/QUOTE]

This confuses me :dunno:

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4298237]This confuses me :dunno:[/QUOTE]

IMO it is because he is throwing a lot of dink and dunk passes. The other day he threw it several times on 3rd and 6 (example) and got 3 yards.. My understanding of watching football was always to throw it a least past or at the first down marker on 3rd down. I makes his stats look good but doesn't help the team any. He still makes a lot of mistakes and that is why I don't think he is progressing. In his defense maybe the drop off guy was the only option open? He looks more scared and confused then he did previously ...maybe his fault maybe not?

Sanchez has next year to prove himself to Woody, Tanny,Rex and us the fans that he's a capable QB. Another year like this year and Sanchez can kiss his $75M + contract extension bye-bye! Mark SAnchez didn't win 4 road playoff games by accident, he has ability. He just has till next year to prove that he belongs as our starting QB.

He is progressing despite horrible OL play and a dumbass OC. Not 90 mil but I'm all for an extension if he plays well next season with a new OC

Sanchez needs an OC that can develop him properly. Sanchez can be a SB winning QB, I do not think he will ever be great, hope I am wrong. Coaching or coaching mentality needs to change for Sanchez to show his true potential.

if I had to give a contract now, no, no way I pay a red dime.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;4298256]Sanchez has next year to prove himself to Woody, Tanny,Rex and us the fans that he's a capable QB. Another year like this year and Sanchez can kiss his $75M + contract extension bye-bye! Mark SAnchez didn't win 4 road playoff games by accident, he has ability. He just has till next year to prove that he belongs as our starting QB.[/QUOTE]

This.

All League
    [QUOTE=usapaw;4298252]IMO it is because he is throwing a lot of dink and dunk passes. The other day he threw it several times on 3rd and 6 (example) and got 3 yards.. My understanding of watching football was always to throw it a least past or at the first down marker on 3rd down. I makes his stats look good but doesn't help the team any. He still makes a lot of mistakes and that is why I don't think he is progressing. In his defense maybe the drop off guy was the only option open? He looks more scared and confused then he did previously ...maybe his fault maybe not?[/QUOTE]

That seems fair, and he has dinked and dunked his way into looking bad.

IMO I think he has improved though, he is just not where everyone wants him to be, Elite. Fans seem to forget that he has had 5 and 6 TO perfermances in a single game in years past. He has eliminated that totally, all while scoring more points and having more yards. His accuracy is better, but he definitely still lets one get way away from him, mostly back shoulder throws.

His turnovers this year have literally been back breakers though leading directly to opposing points. It's a combination of one real big mistake and luck. He did manage most of the time to not let it snowball on him.

The only area where I don't think he has improved as much is pocket pressence, when things break down or there is pressure. You also have to think we are throwing the ball so much more that this gives him and the OL more of a chance of error and it is all having a negative effect. That is why the blame can be spread out so much this year on offense. Jet fans want the whole offense blown up because the mistakes are coming from everywhere not just Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Yes.

[QUOTE=ASH_1962;4298213]

a QB that has absolutely no clue (Sanchez).

[/QUOTE]

You have absolutely no clue.

_

Veteran
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4298171]I'm not ready to close the door at all. I'm down on him but want to see what he can do with a real OC.

But i'm worried about how we move foward after next year when he's up for a new deal.

Sanchez has flaws and often shows signs of hurting a team more than helping it, so I can't consider myself an ultimate supporter. Again, i'm not ready to close the door by any means.

So here is my question: Let's say this was his contract year, it's not so far fetched because it's almost here. Are you ultimate supporters ready to give him a 6 year 70-80 million dollar contract right now? Look what Buffalo gave their guy, it may even take 6-7 years 90 mil.

Now let me also ask you, what if he plays more or less the same next year? Are you going to be ready to commit the years? Yes we can franchise him but we would be looking at around a 20 million dollar cap hit and would hurt chances of adding FA's or signing our own.

Again, are the ultimate Sanchez supporters ready to give him 6-7 years 80-90 mil if this coming offseason was his contract year?[/QUOTE]
    Heeeellllllllll no, and I support the kid but he needs to prove his worth and flashes of greatness aren't gonna do it. Until he has a year with single digit turnovers than he deserves very little. I think that all nfl players are overpaid. They don't want to work after their career( most athletes are lazy when it comes to anything but their sport) so they want future money.
    I've had college football players work for me during the summer and they were all pu$$ies. Most quit after a day.
    If Sanchez wants more, even those of us that support him deserve to see him earn it.

Fair enough. I think we all know he will get another OC and a chance to improve his game next year.
    We all have the same goal.

my two cents. the whole fitzpatrick contract thing is not valid. fitz has done nothing in his 7 years whereas sanchez took the jets to the afc champioship game. even this season, the jets will at worst finish out 8-8 which makes the past 3 seasons even out around 10 wins per. not bad for a qb.

if sanchez is true to his word then he will also know how much he has stunk up the joint and maybe not hold out for top dollar. if he wants top money then the jets ought to call his bluff and let him go elsewhere. of course if he does light it up next season under a new oc then all bets are off.

[QUOTE=LockeJET;4298171]I'm not ready to close the door at all. I'm down on him but want to see what he can do with a real OC.

Again, are the ultimate Sanchez supporters ready to give him 6-7 years 80-90 mil if this coming offseason was his contract year?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. And I have defended Sanchez numerous times. I think he CAN be elite, but at this point it's all tools/potential that MIGHT be able to coached up. Give him one more year with a better OC and some upgrades. If he doesn't start to make big improvements you cut the cord. Some might say but then his price goes up. I'd be willing to bite the bullet if such was the case and pay him 25 million more if that's what it took, rather than sink 90 million now and realize that he can't be coached up.

but its not his contract year??? and if it was his contract year at this point he wouldn't demand the money you just suggested so I really am not understanding the purpose of this thread.