Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the ultimate Sanchez supporters

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4298320]but its not his contract year??? and if it was his contract year at this point he wouldn't demand the money you just suggested so I really am not understanding the purpose of this thread.[/QUOTE]

He's trying to get Sanchez defenders to admit to something that none of them have been arguing.

It's a trolling thread--nothing more, nothing less.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4298320]but its not his contract year??? and if it was his contract year at this point he wouldn't demand the money you just suggested so I really am not understanding [b]the purpose of this thread.[/b][/QUOTE]

For the OP to spark conversation. maybe?

Edit : Or what Stokes said. :D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez gets one more year IMO.

If he's still constantly throwing into double coverage, staring down receivers, and missing wide open guys by 10 feet...then you have to turn the page and start the search all over again.

People can sh*t on Schitty all they want (I hate the guy with a passion as well), but plenty of the blame for our stagnant, inept offense should fall on Mark's shoulders.

People can bring up the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson argument all they want. Well, I don't know about you guys, but I don't want a career gamemanger. I want a great QB who can carry the entire offense on his back when he has to. That's the kind of guy you hope you're getting when you take a QB in the Top 5 of the draft.

If Rex and Tanny never viewed Sanchez as that kind of player, and just envisioned him throwing the ball 20 times a game throughout his career...then I question their decision to move up for Mark in the first place.

If we just wanted a mediocre QB who doesn't turn the ball over, then why the hell didn't we just sign a guy like Jeff Garcia and spend all of that money elsewhere?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

sanchez has peaked out

whats so hard to see and figure it out.sanchez will never be better then what we see.he is inaccurate+he just doesn't have the smarts to read defenses.the jets should really look towards next season and realize. that sanchez will never be better then he is right now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Fitzpatrick just got 6 years 60 million. Sanchez has better numbers, better record, 4 playoff wins on the road. So if he was a FA now, your telling me he'd get less? If he was A FA this offseason he would get at least that most likely more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4298267]He is progressing despite horrible OL play and a dumbass OC. Not 90 mil but I'm all for an extension if he plays well next season with a new OC[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

12, 17, 30TD. That's progression. If he adds another 5-8 TD next season... I think we'll be in a good place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4298267]He is progressing despite horrible OL play and a dumbass OC. Not 90 mil but I'm all for an extension if he plays well next season with a new OC[/QUOTE]

Can you please describe in what measure is he progressing besides increased TD's due to lack of running game near the goalline?

The vast majority of analyst, fans, and writers all have stated how much he regressed this year. In most ways like accuracy, pocket presence, YPA, despite the super safe conservative offense we run.

My answer would be HELL NO until he becomes a guy we dont have to hide. Right now we run a 10 yard at a time conservative offense for him to be more accurate and throw less picks. You dont give a give a big contract that you have to "Hide".

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4298321]He's trying to get Sanchez defenders to admit to something that none of them have been arguing.

It's a trolling thread--nothing more, nothing less.

_[/QUOTE]

Wtf?? I'm not trying to troll at all. I'm just trying to see where the big supporters stand. We have a big decision to make next year. And I'm simply asking the big supporters if it was this offseason, would you be ready to give him a monster contract and lock the position down for years to come. It's a year away so it's not far fetched to think about what's coming.

Anyone who questions where the future stands with Mark is trolling? You're just a midget with short mans complex and anyone who disagrees with your assessment of Mark is trolling or wrong.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 12-29-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;4298328]whats so hard to see and figure it out.sanchez will never be better then what we see.he is inaccurate+he just doesn't have the smarts to read defenses.the jets should really look towards next season and realize. that sanchez will never be better then he is right now.[/QUOTE]

Yes because every NFL QB peaks in year three.

It's been downhill for Brady Brees Rodgers Eli Peyton ever since their third season.

The idiocy on this board is idiotically idiotic.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;4298256]Sanchez has next year to prove himself to Woody, Tanny,Rex and us the fans that he's a capable QB. Another year like this year and Sanchez can kiss his $75M + contract extension bye-bye! Mark SAnchez didn't win 4 road playoff games by accident, he has ability. He just has till next year to prove that he belongs as our starting QB.[/QUOTE]

This, big time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4298336]Can you please describe in what measure is he progressing besides increased TD's due to lack of running game near the goalline?

The vast majority of analyst, fans, and writers all have stated how much he regressed this year. In most ways like accuracy, pocket presence, YPA, despite the super safe conservative offense we run.

My answer would be HELL NO until he becomes a guy we dont have to hide. Right now we run a 10 yard at a time conservative offense for him to be more accurate and throw less picks. You dont give a give a big contract that you have to "Hide".[/QUOTE]

At the risk of being labeled a Sanchez apologist--How can someone discount his increased TDs due to lack of a running game, as if that's a benefit to him somehow? It's hard to be accurate when getting hit or running for your life. Pocket presence? If he actually had a pocket and failed to slide around in it then I'd consider that, but he seldom has a pocket for more than 2 secs. YPA in a super conservative offense that very seldom runs 15+yd plays, please. I too want to see more improvement, but any improvement at all when all other phases are failing should be weighed heavily. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4298353]Wtf?? I'm not trying to troll at all. I'm just trying to see where the big supporters stand. We have a big decision to make next year. And I'm simply asking the big supporters if it was this offseason, would you be ready to give him a monster contract and lock the position down for years to come. It's a year away so it's not far fetched to think about what's coming.

Anyone who questions where the future stands with Mark is trolling? You're just a midget with short mans complex and anyone who disagrees with your assessment of Mark is trolling or wrong.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have the opposite of the short man's complex. Folks who know me actaully think I am a much bigger person, have a much bigger personality than I should appear to have. And I'm far from a midget.

The decision is NEXT year--not THIS year.

You are trolling pure and simple.

If Sanchez has the year next year that he had THIS year--I'll give my opinion NEXT year.

And I do NOT disagree with everyone's assessment of him--I think much of the criticism is valid, but a LOT of it is pure poppycock.

I want to see what he does NEXT year--then we can have a rational discussion--because I don't think alot of Sanchez's ills this year are entirely his fault.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4298353]Wtf?? I'm not trying to troll at all. I'm just trying to see where the big supporters stand. We have a big decision to make next year. And I'm simply asking the big supporters if it was this offseason, would you be ready to give him a monster contract and lock the position down for years to come. It's a year away so it's not far fetched to think about what's coming.

Anyone who questions where the future stands with Mark is trolling? You're just a midget with short mans complex and anyone who disagrees with your assessment of Mark is trolling or wrong.[/QUOTE]

There's middle ground here, Locke, so I agree with you and JStokes. There's a huge variable of 2 more years on his contract which can't be ignored.

There's nothing stopping Sanchez from entering the last year of his contract without an extension. The Jets did it to Harris. The Chargers did it to Brees. The Giants signed Eli to extension during training camp of his final year of his rookie deal.

The Giants ended agreeing to a $97 million deal. You think that at the end of the 2006 season (Eli's 3rd year in the NFL), they were prepared to agree to $97 million deal?

So there is a lot of football left before the contract extension issue becomes viable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4298410]Yes because every NFL QB peaks in year three.

It's been downhill for Brady Brees Rodgers Eli Peyton ever since their third season.

The idiocy on this board is idiotically idiotic.

_[/QUOTE]

[B]+10000000000000000000.[/B]

some of us JETS fans....[b]HAVE NO FRIGGIN' [size='6']PATIENCE[/size] it seems.[/b]

All that said, I'd give him until the end of his rookie contract(2 years) to demonstrate that he's worth keeping around as the starter. If not, he's history and we start looking again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4298171]I'm not ready to close the door at all. I'm down on him [B][COLOR="Red"]but want to see what he can do with a real OC.[/COLOR][/B]

But i'm worried about how we move foward after next year when he's up for a new deal.

Sanchez has flaws and often shows signs of hurting a team more than helping it, so I can't consider myself an ultimate supporter. Again, i'm not ready to close the door by any means.

So here is my question: Let's say this was his contract year, it's not so far fetched because it's almost here. Are you ultimate supporters ready to give him a 6 year 70-80 million dollar contract right now? Look what Buffalo gave their guy, it may even take 6-7 years 90 mil.

Now let me also ask you, what if he plays more or less the same next year? Are you going to be ready to commit the years? Yes we can franchise him but we would be looking at around a 20 million dollar cap hit and would hurt chances of adding FA's or signing our own.

Again, [B]are the ultimate Sanchez supporters ready to give him 6-7 years 80-90 mil if this coming offseason was his contract year?[/B][/QUOTE]not a fair question.. the jets can still make the playoffs if things break right for us & as you mentioned, the kid still has a full year to prove his worth.. hopefully he gets that chance with a legit OC..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4298237]This confuses me :dunno:[/QUOTE]

In other words STATS LIE.

And if Sanchez is made to play as a lame duck it will be brutal for him. You think he is under a microscope now? Wait till then. The media will make it impossible for him to function. It will put a cloud over the entire team. It will be impossible for them to perform.

Next year is the make or break year. Extend, Trade or cut. They will not let him be a lame duck.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-29-2011 at 09:32 PM.