Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you take

Who would you take

Assuming all three of these guys are on the board when we pick (and i believe there is a chance they may be) who do you pick? Are there any of these guys who you hate?

Alshon Jeffery - WR - South Carolina - 6'4'' 229lbs

Melvin Ingram - DE/OLB - South Carolina - 6'3'' 270 lbs

Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB - Alabama - 6'2'' 265lbs

Vontaze Burfict - ILB - Arizona St. - 6'3'' 250lbs

Mike Adams - OT - Ohio St. - 6'8'' 320lbs

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    Assuming all three of these guys are on the board when we pick (and i believe there is a chance they may be) who do you pick? Are there any of these guys who you hate?

Ingram without hesitation

All League
    Would gladly take. I would hope we'd look to address our speed WR needs with a mid-round pick or FA.

Ingram is growing on me. I'd be happy with him.

I'm fine with Upshaw. If I were to bet my life on who the Jets would most likely pick, I'd put my money on him.

No. Just, no.

Adams will be a good OT in the NFL, but I'd rather not spend a first rounder on this.

Wow, I'll take any of the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Would gladly take. I would hope we'd look to address our speed WR needs with a mid-round pick or FA.

Ingram is growing on me. I'd be happy with him.

I'm fine with Upshaw. If I were to bet my life on who the Jets would most likely pick, I'd put my money on him.

No. Just, no.

Adams will be a good OT in the NFL, but I'd rather not spend a first rounder on this.
    i tend to agree with you. think the jets would take upshaw, but i would go with ingram.

All Pro
    Courtney Upshaw....There should be no other discussion as to who the Jets will go with their first pick other than a pass rusher. The ONLY exception is if a WR who falls to them that is a MUST pick. There can be no talk of spending another first round pick on the offensive line. There is two solid number ones there; you cannot be spending that much on an offensive line cost wise.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Courtney Upshaw....There should be no other discussion as to who the Jets will go with their first pick other than a pass rusher. The ONLY exception is if a WR who falls to them that is a MUST pick. There can be no talk of spending another first round pick on the offensive line. There is two solid number ones there; you cannot be spending that much on an offensive line cost wise.
    Ingram is more of a pass rusher than upshaw. upshaw is the more rounded complete player of the two. if you're looking for somebody who can purely get after the qb, than it is ingram w/o a doubt.

All Pro
    Ingram is more of a pass rusher than upshaw. upshaw is the more rounded complete player of the two. if you're looking for somebody who can purely get after the qb, than it is ingram w/o a doubt.
    That's fine....I know more about Upshaw, but at the end of the day, if Ingram is the better choice, so be it. The key is, our #1 priority has to be pass rusher, UNLESS a WR or a S falls to us that is just soooooooo much better than taking the either Ingram, Upshaw, etc, that we have to take them.

Such a tough question.....Alshon Jeffrey is like a Larry Fitzgerald man, I'd have to go him (He's in my gif sig)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljiaojL5fMurl]

Ingram is awesome too, and will be a damn good player

Gotta go with one of my gamecocks, probably Alshon

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    That's fine....I know more about Upshaw, but at the end of the day, if Ingram is the better choice, so be it. The key is, our #1 priority has to be pass rusher, UNLESS a WR or a S falls to us that is just soooooooo much better than taking the either Ingram, Upshaw, etc, that we have to take them.
    this year there is no safety worth taking in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Such a tough question.....Alshon Jeffrey is like a Larry Fitzgerald man, I'd have to go him (He's in my gif sig)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljiaojL5fMurl]

Ingram is awesome too, and will be a damn good player

Gotta go with one of my gamecocks, probably Alshon
    tought right, b/c i think he'll be there when we pick and so will some of those LB's. Would be tough to pass on him or Floyd if they are there. Only thing is that there should also still be some quality LB's available in the 2nd round too.

All League
    Courtney Upshaw, but I think he may be gone when the Jets are OTC.

Mike Adams is overrated.

Whitney Mercilus needs to be on your list, he's going to be an option for Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by WW85 View Post
    Courtney Upshaw, but I think he may be gone when the Jets are OTC.

Mike Adams is overrated.

Whitney Mercilus needs to be on your list, he's going to be an option for Rex.
    i have the jets picking around 20. thought mercilus would be a reach at that spot.

All League
    i have the jets picking around 20. thought mercilus would be a reach at that spot.
    Currently, 20 is about where Mercilus will be drafted.

Reminds me of Terrell Suggs.

I think WM will be moving up especially after the combine.

Best sack machine in NCAA football this year, solid against the run and doesn't give up on plays.

As for a middle round reciever steal, Jordan White out of Western Michigan could work

Quote Originally Posted by WW85 View Post
    Currently, 20 is about where Mercilus will be drafted.

Reminds me of Terrell Suggs.

I think WM will be moving up especially after the combine.

Best sack machine in NCAA football this year, solid against the run and doesn't give up on plays.
    I'll admit that i dont watch Big 10 football as much as i do SEC, ACC or Big 12. Will be watching 330 on Saturday though versus UCLA.

WR Alshon Jeffery, would be my pick, assuming that he runs at least a 4.6 at the combine. The critical problem at OLB is so important that I am a big believer in double dipping (two of the first three rounds), I also see some value at OLB in the late second round.
    Upshaw is a safe and smart pick but i do not see him as a dynamic pass rusher at the NFL level. It comes down to impact, and IMHO its Jefferies over Upshaw. I see Ingram as a bit of a project, perfect for Rex, but at a value of early second round

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    WR Alshon Jeffery, would be my pick, assuming that he runs at least a 4.6 at the combine. The critical problem at OLB is so important that I am a big believer in double dipping (two of the first three rounds), I also see some value at OLB in the late second round.
    Upshaw is a safe and smart pick but i do not see him as a dynamic pass rusher at the NFL level. It comes down to impact, and IMHO its Jefferies over Upshaw. I see Ingram as a bit of a project, perfect for Rex, but at a value of early second round
    and glad i didnt put floyd on there. from the fsu game....doesnt have the toughness to play at the next level. unless his leg is broken he needs to be out there.

I want upshaw for sure....he is a complete player but also a better pash rusher then people think....16.5 career sacks.

Im not a fan of WR in round 1 especially since I think bringing Braylon back is a smart move.

Id like to see us look at BJ Cunningham in the 4-5th round area

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I want upshaw for sure....he is a complete player but also a better pash rusher then people think....16.5 career sacks.

Im not a fan of WR in round 1 especially since I think bringing Braylon back is a smart move.

Id like to see us look at BJ Cunningham in the 4-5th round area
    sounds to me like his knee is mush....