Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you take

Absolutely had to pick I'd go Jeffery.

Quote Originally Posted by WW85 View Post
    Currently, 20 is about where Mercilus will be drafted.

Reminds me of Terrell Suggs.

I think WM will be moving up especially after the combine.

Best sack machine in NCAA football this year, solid against the run and doesn't give up on plays.
    Not sure I buy this guy. Suggs was a beast pass rusher over multiple seasons in college. Honestly I liked his teammate Cunningham a little more.

That said, I completely swung and missed with both JPP and Gholston.

Upshaw cause he already knows how to play in the 3-4 and has rare size for that position.

All League
    I thinkWe need to do what ever we can to determine if Sanchez is the one who can get us to the Super Bowl. Right now, all three years he has played we have had turner on the offensive line (Faneca, Woody) and WR. In fact, he lost 3 of his top 4 receivers from last year. What he has had as far as consistentency has been under-achievers which include Keller, Holmes, and Greene. Yes Greene is on the verge of 1,000 yards but he was handed the starting job this year and has gotten a bulk of the carries. Tomlinson has less than 200 yards rushing this season so based on what we ran the last two years, Greene should have had more yards.

I doubt Jeffrey is there when we pick. As much as I would love to add Upshaw to our defense, I don't think we improve our wins next year adding him because of the shortcomings on offense.

I would prefer to add at least 2 Tackles. One that needs to start immediately. We also need to add at least 2 WRs. One to replace Burress this year and the other to replace Holmes in 2013 when we can save $8M by cutting him.

What about Randle from LSU in the second?

All League
    Charter JI Member

This team needs a game changer on Offense. A WR like Alshon Jeffery would do that. He'd stretch the defense which would open up the running game more.

My only caveat is that with a pick like Jeffery you have to fix the offensive line - preferably in FA to bring in someone with experience.

WRs are essentially worthless if Sanchez doesn't have time to throw to them.

More points = more wins plain and simple. Our defense was not great, but was easily good enough for 11 or 12 wins this year if the offense could have scored more and kept them off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    This team needs a game changer on Offense. A WR like Alshon Jeffery would do that. He'd stretch the defense which would open up the running game more.

My only caveat is that with a pick like Jeffery you have to fix the offensive line - preferably in FA to bring in someone with experience.

WRs are essentially worthless if Sanchez doesn't have time to throw to them.

More points = more wins plain and simple. Our defense was not great, but was easily good enough for 11 or 12 wins this year if the offense could have scored more and kept them off the field.
    My thought is that the O Line will be address in FA. Not sure we could find a starting right tackle after RD 3 and not sure we want to burn one of our first 2 or 3 draft choices on one.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    My thought is that the O Line will be address in FA. Not sure we could find a starting right tackle after RD 3 and not sure we want to burn one of our first 2 or 3 draft choices on one.
    Being that its hard to find any immediate starters after the 2nd round, we will definitely need a FA unless we get someone like Sanders out of FSU in the second ( and he is good enough to hold up).

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Being that its hard to find any immediate starters after the 2nd round, we will definitely need a FA unless we get someone like Sanders out of FSU in the second ( and he is good enough to hold up).
    thats why i'm kind of surprised not more people didnt pick the mike adams choice from my initial question. i guess if jeffery, ingram and upshaw are all gone....

Quote Originally Posted by WW85 View Post
    Courtney Upshaw, but I think he may be gone when the Jets are OTC.

Mike Adams is overrated.

Whitney Mercilus needs to be on your list, he's going to be an option for Rex.
    looking forward to 330 today

All Pro
    Would love to add a pass rusher like Upshaw or Ingram, but Alshon Jeffery would be mighty tempting.

sidenote: on a mock draft I was reading it had Trent Richardson falling to us in the 1st round.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...ould-get-crazy
    Last edited by carlito1171; 12-31-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Would love to add a pass rusher like Upshaw or Ingram, but Alshon Jeffery would be mighty tempting.

sidenote: on a mock draft I was reading it had Trent Richardson falling to us in the 1st round.

looks like the guy who wrote this is a UNC fan....

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

Upshaw or Ingram would be great but Jeffery would be almost irresistible

as a wildcard, what about lamar miller? he'd really help the offense. he'd be a perfect rb to use with greene, he can be used in the short passing game and would help sanchez's play action game.