Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris is as good as Harry Carson (but, will never make a Pro Bowl)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Harris is as good as Harry Carson (but, will never make a Pro Bowl)

Harris is one of the best Jets LB's to ever wear the green and white - right NOW. He shows us this each and every week. Other teams know him - very well. The fact that he's played "lights out" for us after signing a mega contract shows the guy is TOTAL CLASS!!! :yes:

But, for some reason, given Rex is his coach and he plays in the largest media center in the world, Harris will NEVER PLAY IN A PRO BOWL.

Is it merely because he is humble and quiet in the locker room? OR, is it something larger: BECAUSE OF THE GIANTS LB'S OF THE 1980'S, DAVID HARRIS WILL NEVER PLAY IN A PRO BOWL AS A.....

[B][SIZE="5"]NY JET[/SIZE][/B] :steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4298241]Harris is one of the best Jets LB's to ever wear the green and white - right NOW. He shows us this each and every week. Other teams know him - very well. The fact that he's played "lights out" for us after signing a mega contract shows the guy is TOTAL CLASS!!! :yes:

But, for some reason, given Rex is his coach and he plays in the largest media center in the world, Harris will NEVER PLAY IN A PRO BOWL.

Is it merely because he is humble and quiet in the locker room? OR, is it something larger: BECAUSE OF THE GIANTS LB'S OF THE 1980'S, DAVID HARRIS WILL NEVER PLAY IN A PRO BOWL AS A.....

[B][SIZE="5"]NY JET[/SIZE][/B] :steamin:[/QUOTE]

that's some twisted logic man...

To your question - Harris is very good, but he's not elite level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who got in ahead of him?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares. Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. Tim Tebow is a freakin alternate.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is the best we got. Imagine if we still had Vilma back there with him. I think he'll get his respect eventually and make a pro bowl but our whole team will have to do better to get him the attention.
    props to ya David Harris.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4298269]Who cares. Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. Tim Tebow is a freakin alternate.[/QUOTE]

superbowl or not, Brady isn't going anyway. Tebow will be there. What a joke

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4298276]superbowl or not, Brady isn't going anyway. Tebow will be there. What a joke[/QUOTE]

That's really sad

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;4298249]that's some twisted logic man...

To your question - Harris is very good, but he's not elite level.[/QUOTE]

right. HC, LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harris is Excellent and I love him but he is [B][SIZE="3"]NOT [/SIZE][/B]as good as Harry CArson was!!!

Did you even watch those Giants Play????:eek:

Good Grief:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its bc his name is David Harris - not kidding

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He hasnt been as good vs the Run as past years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4298269]Who cares. Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. Tim Tebow is a freakin alternate.[/QUOTE]

The players certainly care. It's an honor to make the Pro Bowl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4298528]Harris is Excellent and I love him but he is [B][SIZE="3"]NOT [/SIZE][/B]as good as Harry CArson was!!!

Did you even watch those Giants Play????:eek:

Good Grief:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I watched almost as many Giants games as Jets games back in the 80's (they were always on at different times) Carson was surrounded by STUD LB's that the entire league FEARED (Taylor, Banks, Pepper, Reasons) I always felt that Lance Mehl would have had the same career with the Giants if you teamed him up with that crew :yes:

PS - I'ts also pretty obvious Harry did roids back then, but, that's another issue. LT was on BOTH roids and coke - great combo :eek:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I would love to know is who would you take over Harris?

This guy was a second team all pro in 2009 and has put up all pro type numbers in key categories sacks and ints.

I know the tackles aren't there, but he never misses a tackle.

The only guy right now I would take over Harris is Patrick Willis at MLB.

I could see arguments with guys like Cushing and Jackson, but the guy who I feel Harris is definitely better than is Mayo.

Mayo has very good speed, but he doesn't as many big plays as Harris.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;4298249]that's some twisted logic man...

To your question - [B]Harris is very good, but he's not elite level[/B].[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, Harris reminds me of Vilma, a very good LB who is isn't quite elite and is somewhat overrated by Jets fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=w0mbat;4298734]I agree with this, Harris reminds me of Vilma, a very good LB who is isn't quite elite and is somewhat overrated by Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

it is true that he has ELITE numbers tho this year in sacks (5), PD (12) and INT (4)....No ILB has #s that good - remotely, and still have the tackles.

i wonder why we don't consider him elite?

he's a three down ILB. but is it bc he's not flashy? the team is so inconsistent? he doesn't make plays behind the LOS/FF?

There's no doubt that he isn't on Pat WIllis's (or even Bowman's) level. Is that wrong?

He's not as good as the elite ILBs of yesteryear - Ray Lewis, Urlacher. I know i am not wrong about that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares about Pro Bowls.

Harris has already made the AP All-Pro team in 2009. He was 2nd team. That is much more prestigious than the Pro Bowl.

IMO Harris and Pouha will both make the AP All-Pro teams this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is an elite 3-4 ilb, just not flashy with witty soundbites.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4298270]He is the best we got. Imagine if we still had Vilma back there with him. I think he'll get his respect eventually and make a pro bowl but our whole team will have to do better to get him the attention.
    props to ya David Harris.[/QUOTE]

Vilma couldn't play in a 3-4 scheme. He's too small. Don't you remember what happened the year we switched? He was terrible. We did him a favor by trading him because he couldn't be effective here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;4298740]it is true that he has ELITE numbers tho this year in sacks (5), PD (12) and INT (4)....No ILB has #s that good - remotely, and still have the tackles.

i wonder why we don't consider him elite?

he's a three down ILB. but is it [B]bc he's not flashy[/B]? the team is so inconsistent? he doesn't make plays behind the LOS/FF?

There's no doubt that he isn't on Pat WIllis's (or even Bowman's) level. Is that wrong?

He's not as good as the elite ILBs of yesteryear - Ray Lewis, Urlacher. I know i am not wrong about that.[/QUOTE]

yep.