Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Jets Thursday Tweets

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792

    Jets Thursday Tweets

    JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    Rex speaking more positively about Schottenheimer today: his smarts, work ethic, how good he'll be "when" he is a head coach. #nyj

    Rex: "I hate the fact that people are pointing at Schotty and pointing at Mark. It should be on my shoulders." #nyj

    Rex: "Schotty and I are just trying to win this game. Those are where our conversations are." #nyj

    Rex on Marshall's comments: "I think he's trying to put it in the officials' minds... If Revis is doing the pushing off, I'm not sure." #nyj

    Rex brought up to his team Takeo Spikes, who has played in the NFL 14 seasons without ever reaching the playoffs. #nyj

    Rex said he wanted to remind team of opportunity that is still in front of it in pre-practice message. #nyj

    McIntyre (knee) DNP. Cole, DeVito, Moore, Smith + Wilkerson were all limited. #nyj


    TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Rex Ryan: "10 percent or whatever. I truly believe we'll get in the playoffs."

    Rex Ryan: "Tom Moore is not sitting over Brian Schottenheimer. That's not true."

    Rex: "This is not the first time a Schottenheimer has been criticized." #nyj

    Rex on Schotty: "He's a tireless worker. When he becomes a head coach... He has it. He has the bloodlines." #nyj

    Rex: "I hate the fact that people are pointing at Schotty and pointing at Mark. I've been the guy at fault." #nyj

    Rex on Marshall's comments: "I think he's trying to put it in the officials' minds.. I agree that he is the CB equivalent of Michael Jordan"

    Rex on Jets having 10.4 percent chance to make playoffs (according to Football Outsiders): "We're still alive and kicking."

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,109
    It's actually gotten to the point where I hope Miami blows us out and holds us to under 100 total yards of offense.

    Anything to get Schitty out of here.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,004
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex: "This is not the first time a Schottenheimer has been criticized." Rex on Schotty: "He's a tireless worker. When he becomes a head coach... He has it. He has the bloodlines."


    Great minds think alike, don't they?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Great minds think alike, don't they?
    I wouldn't know.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

    Rex on Schotty: "He's a tireless worker. When he becomes a head coach... He has it. He has the bloodlines." #nyj
    Holy Nepotism batman...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

    TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

    Rex Ryan: "Tom Moore is not sitting over Brian Schottenheimer. That's not true."

    Rex: "This is not the first time a Schottenheimer has been criticized." #nyj


    Rex: "I hate the fact that people are pointing at Schotty and pointing at Mark. I've been the guy at fault." #nyj
    If not to perform a task our OC has proved incapable of doing, why is Tom Moore here? How many other OC's with 5+ years experience need a consultant? Plus there are 2 position coaches who were previously OC's. How much freakn' help does Shotty need?

    So True. Notice that he didn't say unfairly criticized.

    True Again. How could you not notice your O was not running the ball? If Pettine is calling the D plays, what in the world are you doing on the sideline other than jawing at the opposing players? Coach the whole team Rex. BP would have chewed out his OC halfway through the third quarter.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It's actually gotten to the point where I hope Miami blows us out and holds us to under 100 total yards of offense.

    Anything to get Schitty out of here.
    Exactly how I feel. It'll be a tough pill to swallow, but it's for the greater good.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,109
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Exactly how I feel. It'll be a tough pill to swallow, but it's for the greater good.
    For the greater good, exactly.

    It's all about the big picture.

    I don't know how the hell anyone could get excited about this team heading into next year if Schitty is still running things on offense.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    True Again. How could you not notice your O was not running the ball?.
    Why do people keep thinking this? Go watch the game again, by half time the broadcasters were praising the fantastic mix of run and pass. And about how were were totally dominating the game.

    And when the passes on the first 3 plays of the second half failed, Shotty immeadiately went back to the run until penalties and bonehead plays kept putting is the position of having to pass.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It's actually gotten to the point where I hope Miami blows us out and holds us to under 100 total yards of offense.

    Anything to get Schitty out of here.
    How about the O gets shutout and the Jets win on special teams and D scores.

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    144

    Worst Case Scenario.......

    .......Schitty calls a decent game and the Jets pull out a victory, but either Cincinnati or Tennessee wins and we miss the playoffs.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Why do people keep thinking this? Go watch the game again, by half time the broadcasters were praising the fantastic mix of run and pass. And about how were were totally dominating the game.

    And when the passes on the first 3 plays of the second half failed, Shotty immeadiately went back to the run until penalties and bonehead plays kept putting is the position of having to pass.
    3d quarter score 10-7 giants. These were the possessions. Tell me if there is a pattern to the success and failure.

    1st possession: Pass, Pass, Pass - Punt

    2d possession: Run, Run - 1st down - Run 4yds, Pass (sack), Pass - Punt

    3d possessin: Run, Run - 1st down - 5d penalty - Pass, Pass, Pass - Punt

    4th posession: Run - 1st down - Pass, Pass, Pass - Punt

    That's 11 pass plays netting 16 yards and No first downs AND 6 Runs for 43 yards and 3 first downs. Plus each Punt was preceeded by 3 successive Pass Attempts on 3 out of 4 drives. Yeah, he was really mixing it up?

    Plus penalties don't make it so you HAVE to pass. When it's 1st and 15 and your running the ball well (7 yards per carry) you do not have to pass the ball.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    is reggie bush going to play on Saturday?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    Schottenheimer said he has not been given any indication about his future with the team.

    Schottenheimer said he "absolutely" should be responsible for league's 27th ranked offense.

    Asked if the offense needs to have a good performance for him to keep his job, Schottenheimer said "I don't think so."


    TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Brian Schottenheimer: "If you get in this profession, you're going to get fired.

    Brian Schottenheimer: "We're all held accountable. But ultimately it's my responsibility."

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    rodboone Rod Boone
    Schotty said he was given a two-year extension in the offseason, so he is under contract until 2013.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    If not to perform a task our OC has proved incapable of doing, why is Tom Moore here? How many other OC's with 5+ years experience need a consultant? Plus there are 2 position coaches who were previously OC's. How much freakn' help does Shotty need?

    So True. Notice that he didn't say unfairly criticized.

    True Again. How could you not notice your O was not running the ball? If Pettine is calling the D plays, what in the world are you doing on the sideline other than jawing at the opposing players? Coach the whole team Rex. BP would have chewed out his OC halfway through the third quarter.
    Paraphrasing this..the presser is up on the Jets website..

    Rex was asked how he would feel if a consultant was brought in while he was a DC..He said Balt asked him how he would feel if they brought Vic Fangio in...Rex said he'd welcomed it..Loved it...Used him all the time..

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    is reggie bush going to play on Saturday?
    Sure hope he plays Saturday, if he does he many not be able to play against the Jets on Sunday.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    is reggie bush going to play on Saturday?
    Sure hope he plays Saturday, if he does he may not be able to play against the Jets on Sunday.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    rodboone Rod Boone
    Schotty said he's been getting texts from friends asking what's going on, but there's so many he doesn't respond.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Schottenheimer admits he heard talk about future: "It's out of my control. I'm excellent football coach. U don't have time 2 worry about it"

    Schottenheimer: "Any time you lose, you get second guessed. And I accept that." #nyj

    Schottenheimer: "Obviously there's always going to be second guessing. I knew the number would be high. I didn't think it would be 59"

    Eric Smith told me this after hearing Brandon Marshall's comments: "Hed have got put to sleep if hed try to stop & stiff-arm me" #nyj

    Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson on his future: "This possibly could be my last game." Story here: nydn.us/tJKIuc #nfl

    Mike Pettine is unsure at this point if recently called up OLB Ricky Sapp will be active Sunday vs Dolphins. #nyj

    Pettine on inconsistency of Jets D: "We're perfectionists. Unless you're getting fitted for a ring,it's rare you're going to be pleased."

    Mike Pettine on Reggie Bush showing that he can be every-down RB: "He's kind of proved peiple wrong." #nyj

    Jets DC Mike Pettine notes NYJ gave up around 200 yds on 5 plays. And 90 yds on 50 other plays. #nyj

    LaDainian Tomlinson: "This possibly could be my last game." Also not married to idea of returning to Jets necessarily.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us