Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets Thursday Tweets

Now this is talking football

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4298418]3d quarter score 10-7 giants. These were the possessions. Tell me if there is a pattern to the success and failure.

1st possession: [COLOR="Red"]Pass, Pass, Pass [/COLOR]- Punt

2d possession: Run, Run - 1st down - Run 4yds, [COLOR="Red"]Pass (sack), Pass [/COLOR]- Punt

3d possessin: Run, Run - 1st down - 5d penalty - [COLOR="Red"]Pass, Pass, Pass [/COLOR]- Punt

4th posession: Run - 1st down - [COLOR="Red"]Pass, Pass, Pass [/COLOR]- Punt

That's 11 pass plays netting 16 yards and No first downs AND 6 Runs for 43 yards and 3 first downs. Plus each Punt was preceeded by 3 successive Pass Attempts on 3 out of 4 drives. Yeah, he was really mixing it up?

Plus penalties don't make it so you HAVE to pass. When it's 1st and 15 and your running the ball well (7 yards per carry) you do not have to pass the ball.[/QUOTE]

Now this is a healthy difference of opinions. Are you suggesting 100% run? Come on, you have to mix it up a little. Here's what I saw: (Wish I knew how to get a formatted spreadsheet up here but this is what I watched, while using the play by play from Sportswhatever:

1st set, we agree:
    1st down at NYJ22 0...14:55 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Dustin Keller defensed by Deon Grant.... [B]Hunter gets beat. Sanchez on the run, bad decision should have been intercepted[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ22...14:50 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the middle intended for LaDainian Tomlinson...[B]Whole OL gets whipped, throws it away. No one open[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ22---14:44 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Plaxico Burress defensed by Dave Tollefson...[B]Whole OL gets whipped, throws it away. No one open[/B]
    4th down at NYJ22...14:37 T.J. Conley punts for 48 yards to NYG30.

1st down at NYJ23 ...12:45 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 5 yards to the NYJ28. Tackled by Antrel Rolle...[B]Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ28...12:11 Shonn Greene rush to the right for 8 yards to the NYJ36. Tackled by Jason Pierre-Paul...[B]Run[/B]
    1st down at NYJ36...11:35 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 4 yards to the NYJ40. Tackled by Chase Blackburn...[B]Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ40...10:58 Mark Sanchez sacked at NYJ34 for a loss of 6 yards by Justin Tuck.... [B]Hunter pulls left leaving 91 completely unguarded[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ34...10:18 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]Can't run here...Throws high, bad pass. Had to pass due to potential sack.[/B]
    4th down at NYJ34...10:13 T.J. Conley punts for 42 yards to NYG24.

1st down at NYJ28,,,9:05 Shonn Greene rush up the middle for 7 yards to the NYJ35.[B] Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ35...8:26 LaDainian Tomlinson rush to the right for 6 yards to the NYJ41. [B]Run. [/B]
    1st down at NYJ41 ...8:26 Penalty: False Start on New York (Plaxico Burress) -5 yards. [B]How fing dumb was that Plax?[/B]
    1st down at NYJ36...7:24 Mark Sanchez pass to the right to Dustin Keller for 7 yards to the NYJ43. [B]Mix it up, pass worked[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ43...6:47 Penalty: Holding on New York -10 yards. [B]WTF?[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ33...6:42 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Dustin Keller defensed by Rocky Bernard...[B]2nd and 13, are you suggesting a run? Bad (short) pass under pressure, no one really open[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ33...6:38 Mark Sanchez pass to the middle to LaDainian Tomlinson for 9 yards to the NYJ42...[B]You think a run would have been better here?[/B]
    4th down at NYJ42...6:04 T.J. Conley punts for 36 yards to NYG22. No return.

1st down at NYJ19...3:56 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 13 yards to the NYJ32...[B]Run[/B]
    1st down at NYJ32...3:24 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]Perfect pass, Holmes drops the ball[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ32...3:18 Mark Sanchez pass to the middle to Dustin Keller for 6 yards to the NYJ38...[B]Mixing it up[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ38...2:40 Penalty: False Start on New York (Brandon Moore) -5 yards... [B]Run would have been good here, we'll never know[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ33...2:17 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]Too far to run, perfect pass, Holmes drops the ball Arrrggggghhhhh[/B]
    4th down at NYJ33 2:09 T.J. Conley punts for 48 yards to NYG19. No return.

And so it went. I'm saying shotty was leaning towards the run, but you have to mix it up, and he had to deal with stupid stupid stupid with serious incompetence thrown in... by the entire team! The only saving 3Q grace was that the Giants weren't doing any better.

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4298851]Now this is a healthy difference of opinions. Are you suggesting 100% run? Come on, you have to mix it up a little. Here's what I saw: (Wish I knew how to get a formatted spreadsheet up here but this is what I watched, while using the play by play from Sportswhatever:

1st set, we agree:
    1st down at NYJ22 0...14:55 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Dustin Keller defensed by Deon Grant.... [B]Hunter gets beat. Sanchez on the run, bad decision should have been intercepted[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ22...14:50 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the middle intended for LaDainian Tomlinson...[B]Whole OL gets whipped, throws it away. No one open[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ22---14:44 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Plaxico Burress defensed by Dave Tollefson...[B]Whole OL gets whipped, throws it away. No one open[/B]
    4th down at NYJ22...14:37 T.J. Conley punts for 48 yards to NYG30.

1st down at NYJ23 ...12:45 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 5 yards to the NYJ28. Tackled by Antrel Rolle...[B]Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ28...12:11 Shonn Greene rush to the right for 8 yards to the NYJ36. Tackled by Jason Pierre-Paul...[B]Run[/B]
    1st down at NYJ36...11:35 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 4 yards to the NYJ40. Tackled by Chase Blackburn...[B]Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ40...10:58 Mark Sanchez sacked at NYJ34 for a loss of 6 yards by Justin Tuck.... [B]Hunter pulls left leaving 91 completely unguarded[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ34...10:18 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]Can't run here...Throws high, bad pass. Had to pass due to potential sack.[/B]
    4th down at NYJ34...10:13 T.J. Conley punts for 42 yards to NYG24.

1st down at NYJ28,,,9:05 Shonn Greene rush up the middle for 7 yards to the NYJ35.[B] Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ35...8:26 LaDainian Tomlinson rush to the right for 6 yards to the NYJ41. [B]Run. [/B]
    1st down at NYJ41 ...8:26 Penalty: False Start on New York (Plaxico Burress) -5 yards. [B]How fing dumb was that Plax?[/B]
    1st down at NYJ36...7:24 Mark Sanchez pass to the right to Dustin Keller for 7 yards to the NYJ43. [B]Mix it up, pass worked[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ43...6:47 Penalty: Holding on New York -10 yards. [B]WTF?[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ33...6:42 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Dustin Keller defensed by Rocky Bernard...[B]2nd and 13, are you suggesting a run? Bad (short) pass under pressure, no one really open[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ33...6:38 Mark Sanchez pass to the middle to LaDainian Tomlinson for 9 yards to the NYJ42...[B]You think a run would have been better here?[/B]
    4th down at NYJ42...6:04 T.J. Conley punts for 36 yards to NYG22. No return.

1st down at NYJ19...3:56 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 13 yards to the NYJ32...[B]Run[/B]
    1st down at NYJ32...3:24 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]Perfect pass, Holmes drops the ball[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ32...3:18 Mark Sanchez pass to the middle to Dustin Keller for 6 yards to the NYJ38...[B]Mixing it up[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ38...2:40 Penalty: False Start on New York (Brandon Moore) -5 yards... [B]Run would have been good here, we'll never know[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ33...2:17 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]Too far to run, perfect pass, Holmes drops the ball Arrrggggghhhhh[/B]
    4th down at NYJ33 2:09 T.J. Conley punts for 48 yards to NYG19. No return.

And so it went. I'm saying shotty was leaning towards the run, but you have to mix it up, and he had to deal with stupid stupid stupid with serious incompetence thrown in... by the entire team! The only saving 3Q grace was that the Giants weren't doing any better.[/QUOTE]

Mix it up, yes. But I the mix should lean toward the run, not the pass. And I have a healthy disagreement with your assesment that 1st or even 2d and long is a must pass down when you are avegaging 5+ yards on first down runs. These would be the down you could pop Greene or LT into the secondary for a big run. The fact is, if I'm the D coordinator for the opposition I know once the Jets are in a 10+ yards to go (even on first down) I can play pass because they are not going to run the ball. Plus, you are not really mixing it up if you NEVER run the ball on these types of downs.

Schotty's unexpected calls go only one way. When you expect run, he's gonna pass. He NEVER calls a run play when the D expects a pass play. The Jets are a better run team than passing team, so this makes no logical sense. It would also help Sanchez if the D thought there was at least a possibility that the Jets would call a run in thses situations. There is a pattern to the play calls by Schotty. He NEVER followed an unsuccesful pass play with a run. Once a pass play gains 0 yards, or less, he stay with the pass rather than ever throwing in a run.

I guarantee that he is a terrible poker player. The guy has tons of tells. He is very predictable.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vin;4298617]Umm....Schotty's so-called "extension" has been common knowledge for weeks now.

Don't mean to sound harsh but :

Where have you been? :huh:

[/QUOTE]
    I thought it was a ONE year extension, not two.

Good point, Thanks for the insight

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4298937]
    Schotty's unexpected calls go only one way. When you expect run, he's gonna pass. He NEVER calls a run play when the D expects a pass play. The Jets are a better run team than passing team, so this makes no logical sense. It would also help Sanchez if the D thought there was at least a possibility that the Jets would call a run in thses situations. There is a pattern to the play calls by Schotty. He NEVER followed an unsuccesful pass play with a run. Once a pass play gains 0 yards, or less, he stay with the pass rather than ever throwing in a run.

I guarantee that he is a terrible poker player. The guy has tons of tells. He is very predictable.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, I hadn't noticed that. I can't argue that the D usually does figure him out most games. Thanks for the insight, something to watch for on Sunday :applause:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Rex is hoping some other team hires Shoddy as Headcoach and takes the ax out of his hands...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jordy;4298947]I thought it was a ONE year extension, not two.[/QUOTE]

I'm 99% positive it's a long, drawn out contract extension with long, drawn out escape clauses including one that states if Brian wants to entertain HC positions starting on or about Feb. 6th, 2012, he can.

I understand the fan frustration & some media whores fueling the fire, but Schotty is not a bad coach. He's done all he can do with his style of running the offense. The Jets offense & starting QB is morphing into their own and his methodology just isn't effective anymore.

He's got an impressive resume, made his bones in this business and will be offered HC positions elsewhere. Again, I'm looking forward to getting front row seats at the Rex versus Schotty Bowl 201_.

:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Limolady;4299006]He's got an impressive resume,
    [/QUOTE]

What?? :eek:

[QUOTE=Piper;4298993]Rex is hoping some other team hires Shoddy as Headcoach and takes the ax out of his hands...[/QUOTE]

i agree. he's pumping schotty as an HC candidate so someone will hire him so they won't have to fire him. he's probably a very nice, likable guy who'd they'd like to see land on his feet somewhere else, preferably the nfc or college ranks.

even if the offense's woes are only partially his fault, it's time for him to go, but rex doesn't want to be the bad guy here b/c if they fire schotty and the offense's problems remain, rex's neck will be on the firing line next. but if schotty takes another job, then rex doesn't seem like the bad guy.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4299124]i agree. he's pumping schotty as an HC candidate so someone will hire him so they won't have to fire him. he's probably a very nice, likable guy who'd they'd like to see land on his feet somewhere else, preferably the nfc or college ranks.

even if the offense's woes are only partially his fault, it's time for him to go, but rex doesn't want to be the bad guy here b/c if they fire schotty and the offense's problems remain, rex's neck will be on the firing line next. but if schotty takes another job, then rex doesn't seem like the bad guy.[/QUOTE]

He pumps up Pettine too

[QUOTE=C Mart;4299135]He pumps up Pettine too[/QUOTE]

who doesn't he pump?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Piper;4298993]Rex is hoping some other team hires Shoddy as Headcoach and takes the ax out of his hands...[/QUOTE]

Definitely. That would be the best outcome for both sides - the team can say they're going to miss Schotty but they wish him well, and he can say he got an opportunity he couldn't pass up.

And he doesn't even need to get a head coaching job, another team can hire him as OC and give him the Asst. HC title, which is considered a promotion. This is what I think will happen.

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4298966]Hmmmm, I hadn't noticed that. I can't argue that the D usually does figure him out most games. Thanks for the insight, something to watch for on Sunday :applause:[/QUOTE]

No. Thank YOU for the refreshingly polite discourse.:yes: