Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Thursday Tweets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4298503][
    Pettine on inconsistency of Jets D: "We're perfectionists. Unless you're getting fitted for a ring,it's rare you're going to be pleased."
    [/QUOTE]

Hey Mike, lets start with being pretty good again before worrying about being perfect.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4298317]Rex: "I hate the fact that people are pointing at Schotty and pointing at Mark. It should be on my shoulders." [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23nyj"]#[B]nyj[/B][/URL]
    [/QUOTE]

Well, for once Rex, we agree. After this season you're on the clock. Tick, tock.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4298484][URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/rodboone"]rodboone[/URL] Rod Boone
    Schotty said he was given a two-year extension in the offseason, so he is under contract until 2013.[/QUOTE]
    I literally just threw up in my mouth.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;4298488]Sure hope he plays Saturday, if he does he many not be able to play against the Jets on Sunday.;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jpoppy7;4298489]Sure hope he plays Saturday, if he does he may not be able to play against the Jets on Sunday.;)[/QUOTE]
    It was funnier the first time.

:P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;4298489]Sure hope he plays Saturday, if he does he may not be able to play against the Jets on Sunday.;)[/QUOTE]

yes, i meant sunday. i know he wasnt practicing this week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE] Manish Mehta
    Schottenheimer admits he heard talk about future: "It's out of my control. I'm excellent football coach. U don't have time 2 worry about it"[/QUOTE]

How many of our offensive players have performed better this year compared to last? I can't think of a single one, all 11 starters have played worse, which is startling when you think about it. Probably just bad luck though, doubt it has anything to do with the "excellent coaching" they're getting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/RichCimini"]RichCimini[/URL] Rich Cimini
    Schottenheimer on Sanchez: "Mark has a chance to be a great player, but he has to be more consistent." [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Jets"]#[B]Jets[/B][/URL]

Tomlinson says he wants to play next yr, but acknowledges "this could possibly be my last game." Will be UFA, won't be back with [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Jets"]#[B]Jets[/B][/URL].

Schottenheimer defends play calling vs. Giants, accepts responsibility for erratic offense ths season, not worried about job

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4298539]How many of our offensive players have performed better this year compared to last? I can't think of a single one, all 11 starters have played worse, which is startling when you think about it. Probably just bad luck though, doubt it has anything to do with the "excellent coaching" they're getting.[/QUOTE]

Schotty is such a ****ing toolbag, excellent coach lol.

No way Belichick ever says anything like that or any top OC, they would give their players all the credit and say that we have to continue to improve. That's the problem with Rex, everyone that works for him thinks their **** doesn't stink, we are the best 8-7 team ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4298531]I literally just threw up in my mouth.[/QUOTE]

Umm....Schotty's so-called "extension" has been common knowledge for weeks now.

Don't mean to sound harsh but :

Where have you been? [img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif[/img]

[QUOTE=C Mart;4298541]

Tomlinson says he wants to play next yr, but acknowledges "this could possibly be my last game." Will be UFA, won't be back with [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Jets"]#[B]Jets[/B][/URL].

[/QUOTE]

Can you blame him for wanting to get out of this circus-act with the Media and Schotty and everything?

If I were him, I'd try to go back to the Chargers and finish my career there.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-29-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Rex.

Maybe you can bring Mark Kotite, DDS on the staff next year. You know, because he has bloodlines.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4298369]For the greater good, exactly.

It's all about the big picture.

I don't know how the hell anyone could get excited about this team heading into next year if Schitty is still running things on offense.[/QUOTE]

How could anyone not want the team to make the playoffs? This is ridiulous. Plain and simple. :steamin::steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4298334]It's actually gotten to the point where I hope Miami blows us out and holds us to under 100 total yards of offense.

Anything to get Schitty out of here.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you have misjudged and REX is the problem. To root against us making the playoffs where anything can happen is off the wall.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, from the contexts of those tweets, I think Schitty knows he's out after the season. It's possible he and Rex/Tanny/Woody talked and said it might be best if both sides went their separate ways.

It could be wishful thinking on my part, but I didn't get the sense that it's a lock Schitty will return next year. In fact, just the opposite.

But to say he accepts the blame for an "erratic" and 27th ranked offense, and then to say he's an "excellent' coach just shows how arrogant he is, which is made evident every time he tries to outsmart the other teams on Sundays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've never been one to believe in bloodlines except maybe for livestock and other animals. to me the father/son or brother coaching acts or player acts are so much bs. i remember when david shula was hc of the bungles. man was he bad but he worked cheap. his brother mike was a much better nfl coach but never got above coordinator. the point is it's very tough for the drive to be carried forward. maybe buddy was a victim of his temper and so he never had the coaching success he desired. so when rex is called a legacy, it's not so bad because buddy never stuck anywhere. on the other hand, schitty's dad almost made it to the show with the browns and then the chargers. he pulled the whole legacy crap with san diego when schitty jr was qb coach. maybe the reason why schitty may have had a hint of success there is because daddy had his back.

in any case, schitty is a really bad oc and should just be launched. rex shouldn't be trying to talk him up because he cost the team wins and possibly a playoff berth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SHUT UP REX

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4298741]Honestly, from the contexts of those tweets, I think Schitty knows he's out after the season. It's possible he and Rex/Tanny/Woody talked and said it might be best if both sides went their separate ways.

It could be wishful thinking on my part, but I didn't get the sense that it's a lock Schitty will return next year. In fact, just the opposite.

But to say he accepts the blame for an "erratic" and 27th ranked offense, and then to say he's an "excellent' coach just shows how arrogant he is, which is made evident every time he tries to outsmart the other teams on Sundays.[/QUOTE]

He said the same thing last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4298775]He said the same thing last year.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was expecting to be ousted but wasn't probably because the Jets played well IN SPITE of him so it masked his deficiencies that year. Certainly helps when you have BRAYLON EDWARDS( :D ) making Sanchez and, by proxy, Schittyheimer's offense look better than it was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4298638]Wow, Rex.

Maybe you can bring Mark Kotite, DDS on the staff next year. You know, because he has bloodlines.[/QUOTE]

hate it or love it, that's how the NFL works. Rex has bloodlines and so does his brother Rob.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4298809]hate it or love it, that's how the NFL works. Rex has bloodlines and so does his brother Rob.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that little known fact :rolleyes:

Seems to me that the coaches that won the last 20 or so Super Bowls didn't have their daddies get them their jobs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4298418]3d quarter score 10-7 giants. These were the possessions. Tell me if there is a pattern to the success and failure.

1st possession: [COLOR="Red"]Pass, Pass, Pass [/COLOR]- Punt

2d possession: Run, Run - 1st down - Run 4yds, [COLOR="Red"]Pass (sack), Pass [/COLOR]- Punt

3d possessin: Run, Run - 1st down - 5d penalty - [COLOR="Red"]Pass, Pass, Pass [/COLOR]- Punt

4th posession: Run - 1st down - [COLOR="Red"]Pass, Pass, Pass [/COLOR]- Punt

That's 11 pass plays netting 16 yards and No first downs AND 6 Runs for 43 yards and 3 first downs. Plus each Punt was preceeded by 3 successive Pass Attempts on 3 out of 4 drives. Yeah, he was really mixing it up?

Plus penalties don't make it so you HAVE to pass. When it's 1st and 15 and your running the ball well (7 yards per carry) you do not have to pass the ball.[/QUOTE]

Now this is a healthy difference of opinions. Are you suggesting 100% run? Come on, you have to mix it up a little. Here's what I saw: (Wish I knew how to get a formatted spreadsheet up here but this is what I watched, while using the play by play from Sportswhatever:

[B]1st set, we agree:[/B]
    1st down at NYJ22 0...14:55 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Dustin Keller defensed by Deon Grant.... [B]Hunter gets beat. Sanchez on the run, bad decision should have been intercepted[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ22...14:50 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the middle intended for LaDainian Tomlinson...[B]Whole OL gets whipped, throws it away. No one open[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ22---14:44 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Plaxico Burress defensed by Dave Tollefson...[B]Whole OL gets whipped, throws it away. No one open[/B]
    4th down at NYJ22...14:37 T.J. Conley punts for 48 yards to NYG30.

[B]2nd set, Shotty realizes they have us, switches to the run[/B]
    1st down at NYJ23 ...12:45 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 5 yards to the NYJ28. Tackled by Antrel Rolle...[B]Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ28...12:11 Shonn Greene rush to the right for 8 yards to the NYJ36. Tackled by Jason Pierre-Paul...[B]Run[/B]
    1st down at NYJ36...11:35 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 4 yards to the NYJ40. Tackled by Chase Blackburn...[B]Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ40...10:58 Mark Sanchez sacked at NYJ34 for a loss of 6 yards by Justin Tuck.... [B]Hunter pulls left leaving 91 completely unguarded[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ34...10:18 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]3rd & 12 Can't run here...Throws high, bad pass. Had to pass due to potential sack.[/B]
    4th down at NYJ34...10:13 T.J. Conley punts for 42 yards to NYG24.

[B]3rd Set[/B]
    1st down at NYJ28,,,9:05 Shonn Greene rush up the middle for 7 yards to the NYJ35.[B] Run[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ35...8:26 LaDainian Tomlinson rush to the right for 6 yards to the NYJ41. [B]Run. [/B]
    1st down at NYJ41 ...8:26 Penalty: False Start on New York (Plaxico Burress) -5 yards. [B]How f'ing dumb was that Plax?[/B]
    1st down at NYJ36...7:24 Mark Sanchez pass to the right to Dustin Keller for 7 yards to the NYJ43. [B]Mix it up, pass worked[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ43...6:47 Penalty: Holding on New York -10 yards. [B]WTF?[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ33...6:42 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Dustin Keller defensed by Rocky Bernard...[B]2nd and 13, are you suggesting a run? Bad (short) pass under pressure, no one really open[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ33...6:38 Mark Sanchez pass to the middle to LaDainian Tomlinson for 9 yards to the NYJ42...[B]You think a run would have been better here?[/B]
    4th down at NYJ42...6:04 T.J. Conley punts for 36 yards to NYG22. No return.

[B]4th set[/B]
    1st down at NYJ19...3:56 Shonn Greene rush to the left for 13 yards to the NYJ32...[B]Run[/B]
    1st down at NYJ32...3:24 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]Perfect pass, Holmes drops the ball[/B]
    2nd down at NYJ32...3:18 Mark Sanchez pass to the middle to Dustin Keller for 6 yards to the NYJ38...[B]Mixing it up[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ38...2:40 Penalty: False Start on New York (Brandon Moore) -5 yards... [B]Run would have been good here, we'll never know[/B]
    3rd down at NYJ33...2:17 Mark Sanchez incomplete pass to the right intended for Santonio Holmes...[B]Too far to run, perfect pass, Holmes drops the ball Arrrggggghhhhh[/B]
    4th down at NYJ33 2:09 T.J. Conley punts for 48 yards to NYG19. No return.

And so it went. I'm saying shotty was leaning towards the run, but you have to mix it up, and he had to deal with stupid stupid stupid with serious incompetence thrown in... by the entire team! The only saving 3Q grace was that the Giants weren't doing any better.
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 12-30-2011 at 08:45 AM.