Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This place has become...

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches

This place has become...

...completely ridiculous. I don't even want to come on here anymore. Nothing but stupidity and negativity.

I couldn't imagine what JI would have been like in the 90's

Now I can only click on a thread if Borgo starts it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=baldnuts1;4298330]I couldn't imagine what JI would have been like in the 90's
    [/QUOTE]

Like this:

[IMG]http://www.altereddimensions.net/images/crime/jonestown/JonestownArielBodies.jpg[/IMG]

But every week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=baldnuts1;4298330]...completely ridiculous. I don't even want to come on here anymore. Nothing but stupidity and negativity. I couldn't imagine what JI would have been like in the 90's. Now I can only click on a thread if Borgo starts it.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to see you go Baldnuts, I never visit the Hampur forum, but I hear Borgo is really popular over there.

Happy New Year.

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4298348]I'm sorry to see you go Baldnuts, I never visit the Hampur forum, but I hear Borgo is really popular over there.

Happy New Year.

:D[/QUOTE]

Ha I'm not going anywhere Limo. I'm just saying all the negativity is depressing and keeping my from coming on JI as often. I still check multiple times a day.

[QUOTE=baldnuts1;4298330]...completely ridiculous. I don't even want to come on here anymore. Nothing but stupidity and negativity.

Now I can only click on a thread if Borgo starts it.[/QUOTE]

Don't let the hampur door hit you in the azz on the way out. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    You'd be missing out on all the virus-filled ads and cross-site scripting browser vulnerabilities.

Jets Insider VIP
    This has been the biggest let-down of a season in recent memory.

Our coach once again guaranteed a Superbowl. Our "franchise" QB was supposed to take the next step towards greatness. Greene was supposed to have a breakout year as a starter. Our defense was supposed to regain their #1 standing in the league.

What do you expect?

Hall Of Fame
    I would like to take this opportunity to say:

Fire Schotty!

[QUOTE=baldnuts1;4298330]...completely ridiculous. I don't even want to come on here anymore. Nothing but stupidity and negativity.

The negativity is 100% deserved. Are you suggesting everyone should be like, "Yay, we suck, but at least we aren't the Colts!" Sorry, when the coach guarantees a SB, that is what you will be judged on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Toooon;4298392]Sorry, when the coach guarantees a SB, that is what you will be judged on.[/QUOTE]
    Normally I would say that JI has a tendency to quickly turn negative, however this is such a valid point. If Jets fans are feeling down, look at Rex's promises as a starting point their anger.

ftr, I don't enjoy a negative JI.

Give me a break. You aint going nowhere. This is a fun forum with a great bunch of characters. You take this stuff way to seriously.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4298383]This has been the biggest let-down of a season in recent memory.

Our coach once again guaranteed a Superbowl. Our "franchise" QB was supposed to take the next step towards greatness. Greene was supposed to have a breakout year as a starter. Our defense was supposed to regain their #1 standing in the league.

What do you expect?[/QUOTE]

People to not base expectations just on what a coach says. And to realize that luck is needed to win a Super Bowl. In other words, don;t expect anything and be smart.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4298406]People to not base expectations just on what a coach says. And to realize that luck is needed to win a Super Bowl. In other words, don;t expect anything and be smart.[/QUOTE]

I never thought we were a shoe-in for the Superbowl. No one ever is.

But you can bet your ass that I expected a better season than what has ultimately unraveled.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4298383]This has been the biggest let-down of a season in recent memory.

What do you expect?[/QUOTE]

You are on the money with this post !

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Toooon;4298392]The negativity is 100% deserved. Are you suggesting everyone should be like, "Yay, we suck, but at least we aren't the Colts!" Sorry, when the coach guarantees a SB, that is what you will be judged on.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetswin;4298401]Normally I would say that JI has a tendency to quickly turn negative, however this is such a valid point. If Jets fans are feeling down, look at Rex's promises as a starting point their anger.

ftr, I don't enjoy a negative JI.[/QUOTE]

Why grown men of reasonble intelligence that presumably have been watching sports for decades base any of their expectations on what a coach "guarantees" or "promises" is simply beyond my ability to comprehend.

It's like your parents trying to convince you as a 16 year old that Santa still exists, and you wake up disappointed in your parents when you're friends in 11th grade tell you he doesn't.

Create your own expectations, and be disappointed when THEY aren't met, not because of what Rex promised you.

Sheesh. :D

_

I am Jets, Cowboys, Texans, Ravens, Chargers & Chiefs fan this week. Hard not to smile with so many options, at least for one week.

All Pro

Lots o' laughs here

The "anger" is for most an idle threat as to what they would do if the Jets don't do something (win the SB, fire Schotty, pick up the head case/damaged goods known as Braylon Edwards) etc.

I've read here in recent days that folks would: punch out Rex; never watch a Jets game next year/again; never buy another stitch of Jets garb or other Jets paraphenalia; never attending games again and so forth.

When Mike Keenan came in to coach the NY Rangers one of the 1st things he did was depict a Stanley Cup Victory Parade despite never having one won himself. He did deliver, barely, but the point is if you don't aim to hit the high note why bother to aim for less.

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0TbE0VCcDSlXt5ebBC85WuJGcWD7CrJfOoZTevTib4L9BiG0d2A[/IMG]

I commend Ryan for publicly stating such. And if he's unnecessarily provocative, so are many here in a negative sense. Better he predict wins and fail then be a miserable puke and predict losses.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TampaT;4298436]I am Jets, Cowboys, Texans, Ravens, Chargers & Chiefs fan this week. Hard not to smile with so many options, at least for one week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah......all is great BUT you think we are going to carry the water?

Well lose on a safety or turnover on the last drive.;)

I wonder how some of you react to things that affect them directly in their respective lives.

Pretty funny going back in the archives and seeing some of the comments in 2006 and 2008 from some that claim schotty & the O has sucked/failed since he got here.
    [B]
    Mangenius and Schott to get a pay raise[/B]
    [B][URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135964[/URL]

Favre leaning toward a 2nd stint with Jets[/B]
    [URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183069[/URL]

[B]We could lose Schotty next year and be better off for it...[/B]
    [URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183895[/URL]

[B]Props to Schotty[/B]
    [URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183420[/URL]

[B]Anyone still one Pennington back? [/B]
    [URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183430[/URL]