Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This place has become...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4298441]I commend Ryan for publicly stating such. And if he's unnecessarily provocative, so are many here in a negative sense. Better he predict wins and fail then be a miserable puke and predict losses.[/QUOTE]

+1,000

What kind of head coach would say "You know, fellas...we really aren't that good. We are talent-less hacks who have no business playing football. Let's just go through the motions and play for a draft pick next year and hope that you find someone who can do a better job than me...because I suck"?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I blame Schottington.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4298485]I blame Schottington.

-[/QUOTE]
    it's the intangibles

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the gazillionth time, it takes time. Sean Payton is an exception to the rule.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=baldnuts1;4298330]...completely ridiculous. I don't even want to come on here anymore. Nothing but stupidity and negativity.

I couldn't imagine what JI would have been like in the 90's

Now I can only click on a thread if Borgo starts it.[/QUOTE]

Don't let it all distract you whilst shaving your nuts.
    Last edited by Jordy; 12-29-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4298434]Why grown men of reasonble intelligence that presumably have been watching sports for decades base any of their expectations on what a coach "guarantees" or "promises" is simply beyond my ability to comprehend.

It's like your parents trying to convince you as a 16 year old that Santa still exists, and you wake up disappointed in your parents when you're friends in 11th grade tell you he doesn't.

Create your own expectations, and be disappointed when THEY aren't met, not because of what Rex promised you.

Sheesh. :D

_[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that Rex Ryan is either an incompetant buffoon or a lying buffoon. Expectations are based on past performance and future projections. The Jets of this year do not in any way shape or form meet expectations.

I for one love Rex and his message. I have no problems with anything he has said in the past. I do have a huge problem with some of the highly dubious personell decisions he and Tanny made the last few years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If all you're going to say is that the Jets suck and you're giving up on them and you want them to lose until Schotty is gone, if you really feel that way, maybe you shouldn't be a Jets fan- your personality is better fit to be a fan of another team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been a Jets fan for over 40 years, this is how I feel...

[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/308873_o.gif[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=baldnuts1;4298330]...completely ridiculous. I don't even want to come on here anymore. Nothing but stupidity and negativity.

I couldn't imagine what JI would have been like in the 90's

[B]Now I can only click on a thread if Borgo starts it[/B].[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you're not at work!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4298441]The "anger" is for most an idle threat as to what they would do if the Jets don't do something (win the SB, fire Schotty, [b]pick up the head case/damaged goods known as Braylon Edwards)[/b] etc.[/QUOTE]

Really? REALLY?

We have friggin' Santonio Holmes on this team and you're concerned about Braylon being a "head case"? :rolleyes:

Damaged goods is one thing since he is recovering from knee surgery and we're never sure how it would affect his play until he plays(I'll give you that) but "head-case"? Hell no.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-29-2011 at 06:14 PM.