Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Sanchez at end of first half of giants game

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez at end of first half of giants game

I like Sanchez, I think he will be ok next year but this was disturbing:

23 seconds left inside the giant 20. 3rd an 10,
    Sanchez gets sacked.
    He gets up and calls for the offense to hurry up and line up so he can spike it. The linemen all run up to get in position.
    It's 4th friggin down! You can't spike it! Luckily someone on the sideline called a to before he was able to spike it. Is he really not aware on what to do in that situation? He needs to calm down in those situations and have a clear head. I can't believe the offense lined up for the spike!

I guess no harm no foul but come on, reminds me of orlovsky scrambling out of the back of his end zone last year
    Last edited by bcess; 12-29-2011 at 03:01 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was obviously trying to hurry up and run another play because Folk sucks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;4298358]He was obviously trying to hurry up and run another play because Folk sucks[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't say Folk sucks but he sure screwed up that goal line play

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;4298358]He was obviously trying to hurry up and run another play because Folk sucks[/QUOTE]

In hindsight it produced the same result

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4298362]Wouldn't say Folk sucks but he sure screwed up that goal line play[/QUOTE]

Yeah but screwed-up or not, It's unanimous here that FOLK SUCKS!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    How was it "no harm no foul" as you say? That sack meant a longer field goal attempt for Folk. Sanchez is the absolute worst! I was banging my fuggin head against the wall when we drafted him trying to tell people he was a FRAUD, nobody wanted listen. Jets fans have such a blind spot for this guy, it makes me sick

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sash1;4298377]How was it "no harm no foul" as you say? That sack meant a longer field goal attempt for Folk. [/QUOTE]

Yeah but as we all saw, it wouldn't have made a difference if he wasn't sacked and it was just an incomplete pass.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The play call on that sack was a joke. It's 3rd and 10 and you have an empty backfield against a Giant team whose one real strength is a great pass rush. I would have run it to get a few extra yards for Folk (it was a 37 yarder if you gained nothing). But ok, if you want to throw, at least put a RB back there to help block. Result: sack, 7 yard loss, 44 yard kick for Folk, and of course a miss. I just have no idea what Schotty is thinking sometimes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sash1;4298377]How was it "no harm no foul" as you say? That sack meant a longer field goal attempt for Folk. Sanchez is the absolute worst! I was banging my fuggin head against the wall when we drafted him trying to tell people he was a FRAUD, nobody wanted listen. Jets fans have such a blind spot for this guy, it makes me sick[/QUOTE]

Because the timeout was called before he spiked it