Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something VERY Interesting I heard on Sirius about CALLY....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Something VERY Interesting I heard on Sirius about CALLY....

Gannon was talking and said that Gruden was the one with all the passing schemes and just relied on Cally for blocking and running schemes. :eek: That he was never really involved in what went on with the passing game. That when Cally became head coach he still wasn't involved.
    That being said, do you still want Callahan as new OC??

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    uhh no.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=aagarcia;4298563]Gannon was talking and said that Gruden was the one with all the passing schemes and just relied on Cally for blocking and running schemes. :eek: That he was never really involved in what went on with the passing game. That when Cally became head coach he still wasn't involved.
    That being said, do you still want Callahan as new OC??[/QUOTE]

I can verify that Gannon said it. I heard it too. No way I want Cally as our OC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4298580]I can verify that Gannon said it. I heard it too. No way I want Cally as our OC.[/QUOTE]

Very informed opinion. So I guess if he is named we will have a thousand "Fire Callahan" threads.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You would think there was a nationwide competent OC shortage out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    God no

We need an entire overhaul of the offense, an offense that features attacking the opponent's weakness, with different gameplans depending on who we are facing, it seems that all our skill players have the same stats no matter who we play, when was the last time we attacked a matchup weakness for the other team, when was our last 125 yard receiver? our last 350 yard passer?, guys put up those numbers every freaking week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    never did. and this just reassures me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cally would be a disaster.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly what Rex wants.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4298599]That's exactly what Rex wants.[/QUOTE]

A Disaster?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's absolutely correct... Trestman ran the passing offense even when Callahan had full control. Sometimes I think people have no memory or just don't pay attention to that stuff

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=aagarcia;4298563]Gannon was talking and said that Gruden was the one with all the passing schemes and just relied on Cally for blocking and running schemes. :eek: That he was never really involved in what went on with the passing game. That when Cally became head coach he still wasn't involved.

[QUOTE=C Mart;4298206]Callahan's meticulous nature was not the lone factor in Al Davis's decision to hire him to replace Gruden. There were results behind the detail. In four years as Gruden's assistant -- as an offensive coordinator, an offensive line coach and a tight ends coach -- [B]Callahan had called the running plays every season.[/B]

[URL]http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/10/sports/pro-football-a-quiet-man-now-coaches-the-raiders.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm[/URL]

Not sure if "called" is the correct word..Perhaps developed? Similar to his role now with the Jets..

Callahan, who is the Jets' run game coordinator, also holds the title of assistant head coach.

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/02/jets_deny_titans_request_to_in.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

[URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4298206[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Callahan's o ly job was the offensive line and our tackles are probably the worst in the league. I know I'll probably have ten responses that point out D'Brick is a pro bowler but he was getting beat almost as badly as Hunter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    get ready for Hacket 2.0

1st down run 80%
    If 2nd and long run 99%
    3rd down and short run 95%

You thought Schotty was bad? :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's the case, NOOOOOOOOO

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4298634]get ready for Hacket 2.0

1st down run 80%
    If 2nd and long run 99%
    3rd down and short run 95%

You thought Schotty was bad? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

with the amount of complaining you do about Sanchez i would think that you'd consider that a good thing

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;4298589]God no

We need an entire overhaul of the offense, an offense that features attacking the opponent's weakness, with different gameplans depending on who we are facing, it seems that all our skill players have the same stats no matter who we play, when was the last time we attacked a matchup weakness for the other team, when was our last 125 yard receiver? our last 350 yard passer?, guys put up those numbers every freaking week.[/QUOTE]

We have success with the same boring formula. An off year from an incredible 2009 and a solid 2010. RUn, Defense, Specials, balance, try to keep it low scoring game by ball control...Parcells, Weiss, Henning, Hackett, Heimerdinger, Schottsky. Explosive plays just give the ball back to the opponent faster. :D It seems our head coaches have been yelling for explosive plays for decades. :nono:

Shall I go on? We will NEVER leave this formula; Carroll tried explicitly to go West Coast and Boomer Eisaison complained to the GM! "WE"RE A SMASHMOUTH TEAM" look it up.

Ike, better pray for a Knicks championship. :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;4298637]with the amount of complaining you do about Sanchez i would think that you'd consider that a good thing[/QUOTE]

Seriously it was un****ing believable. If it was 2nd and long he would run it up the gut 99.9% of the time. It was amazing if you really think about it. I liked Chad MUCH more than Sanchez so it was infuriating to say the least. Rex wants a Hackett system to implement his stupid ground and pound and lets hide the QB we are paying a fortune to run the ball.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes.

Seriously, you all act like running an NFL offense is like running a HS offense.

There is not ONE coordinator in the league that does it all. NOT ONE. What Gannon says is mostly true although Callahan is well-versed in the passing game too. He chooses NOT to do it because he knows he can't do it all. If he were hired, he would pass that portion off to a guy he trusted but it would be done under his direction. A guy like Jay Norvell (worked under Tom Moore) would probably be hired to coordinate the pass game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont even want him on the staff, let alone OC.