Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SNY Adam Schein: "I guarantee Jets will make the playoffs"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;4298790]Making the playoffs is secondary for me right now.

I want the Jets to play well, win the game, and end the regular season on a high note. That worked for the Falcons 2 yrs ago. They had blown their chance at the playoffs with an up and down season and were hell bent to win the last game to finish 9-7. They went 14-2 the next year. The same with the Steelers in 2009.

Beating Miami is also good to show that the Jets haven't quit on Rex.[/QUOTE]

excellent post.

As long as a win does not affect Ryan's mindset if he is debating on whether to fire Schotty.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4298628]Tenn is beating Houston who aren't playing for anything. Game over[/QUOTE]

Not true, Houstom is going all out to win, they have a third string QB that needs more game time, Houston is at home and wants to end up on a winning note since they have stumbled in recent weeks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4298652]Houston is trying to right a ship that has gone seriously south the last two weeks. All starters, including Andre Johnson will be playing the entire game. All that being said, I think they lose on Sunday.

I'd be happy if we go into the 4 oclock games with a chance to make the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I think people are overlooking this point. Houston has been bad - they want to go into the playoffs with confidence.

I believe the pieces will fall the way the Jets need, but I just don't see how the Jets win.

They can not score in a league set up for offenses to put up big points.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be surprised.

A) The Bengals have beaten the Ravens 5 out of their last 6 in Cincinnati.

B) The Texans are locked into the #3 seed. They have literally nothing to play for.

C) The Dolphins will mop the floor with us.

I wouldn't be shocked if we made it (I do think the Chargers beat the Raiders and if I had to put money on it, I'd still take the Ravens over the Bungles) but my guess right now is that the Bengals make it.

Fins beat Jets
    Titans beat Texans
    Ravens beat Bengals
    Chargers beat Raiders

(I think under this scenario Bengals make it in on tiebreakers despite losing)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fidelioion;4299224]I think people are overlooking this point. Houston has been bad - they want to go into the playoffs with confidence.

I believe the pieces will fall the way the Jets need, but I just don't see how the Jets win.
    [B]
    They can not score in a league set up for offenses to put up big points.[/B][/QUOTE]

Same could be said for Houston at this point with Yates at QB. It will be a dog fight but I would bet on Hasselbeck and the Tenn D in this one.

It could happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up.