Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNY Adam Schein: "I guarantee Jets will make the playoffs"

[QUOTE=Magnus;4298628]Tenn is beating Houston who aren't playing for anything. Game over[/QUOTE]

Houston can knock out Tennessee. If they don't they might end up playing them 2 weeks in a row. Knock them out at first opportunity.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4298700][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/h1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/t1.jpg[/IMG]

I fail to see how he's a "great coach". To me, he's a great entertainer, a great defensive coordinator, that's it.

I've still got a few t-shirts and hoodies available. Better get them now, closest thing we're going to get to them again.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Lol then what is the definition of a "great" coach? Thats like saying if the Saints had a bad defense and lost because of it, Sean Payton is a bad HC, even though he's more hands on with the offense. Just because the Jets had one iffy season doesn't make Rex a "horrible" coach. So is Jeff Fisher a bad coach because he never won a SB? Or thank god Cowher won one or else he wouldn't be good. It's fans like you that are ridiculous. So what Rex isn't an offensive guru. At least he has yet to have a losing season, and that's more than the previous Jets coaches can say.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4298700][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/h1.jpg[/IMG]

I fail to see how he's a "great coach". To me, he's a great entertainer, a great defensive coordinator, that's it.

I've still got a few t-shirts and hoodies available. Better get them now, closest thing we're going to get to them again.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You still didnt answer my questions from the other threads.

SARS: Rex deserves credit for even having mild success with such average production from the QB. Most teams do terribly when their QB completes under 55% of his passes.

Where SAR ultimately loses me is his belief in Bill Cowher being the guy that can bring a superbowl to the Jets.

I could make the argument that Cowher ultimately won not because of him but because he had a really sick football team. Tomlin has won a superbowl and gone to another one with teams that have players from Cowher's superbowl team.

I just don't understand with SAR how you can have so much faith in Cowher even though it took him 16 years to win and not have faith that in 16 years Rex wouldn't be able to do the same thing if not better.

For those first 15 year Cowher was like Marty Schottenheimer, he could never win the big one.

[QUOTE=Santonio;4298713]Houston can knock out Tennessee. If they don't they might end up playing them 2 weeks in a row. Knock them out at first opportunity.[/QUOTE]

Houston beat Tennessee 41-7 earlier in the season.

Houston doesn't beat the Jets, ever.

They're going to lay down like dogs and face the Titans next week, trust me. If they actually try to win the game, they'll be showing too much, they won't do it.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4298721]You still didnt answer my questions from the other threads.[/QUOTE]

What question? Ask me again, I'll answer it. I truly hope the question is "who would you have to replace Rex as head coach" and I'll say "anyone who is an experienced NFL head coach with some success in the past that's known for a balanced job of managing all phases of the game, not just some one-trick-pony DC or OC."

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. I thought they send all those shirts and hats and stuff to Africa.

I would love to have one just for fun.

If great coach is defined by winning championships then Rex is not a great coach.

I think the Jets are in good hands with Rex. I think he will learn and continue to get better. This offseason will be his hardest yet. The bloom is off the rose a little and he will face some adversity for the first time. It will be interesting to see how he responds.

You have to look past the showmanship and the antics. That is all for the media. Look at the meat and potatoes. Team was dead before he came here. He improved the defense. Now it has slipped but he deserves an opportunity to fix it just as he has done before.

My only issue with Rex has been the drafts. He needs to draft his own impact players. This team cant survive or depend on FA. I think he has improved and last year was his best draft with Wilk, Kerley and Ellis.

[QUOTE=Salz;4298722]SARS: Rex deserves credit for even having mild success with such average production from the QB. Most teams do terribly when their QB completes under 55% of his passes.[/QUOTE]

Rex Ryan is a great defensive coordinator and a great culture-changing entertainer.

He doesn't do dick for the offense or special teams.

His specialty is a) a ferocious defense that sells-out and gives 110% each game and b) his ability to use Jedi mind tricks on his players and his opponents to get an emotional edge.

On both "A" and "B" Rex Ryan got huge props in his first two seasons, but today, he's a bust at both. He's lost his team.

SAR I

Adam Schein is another moron. Closest the guy ever came to a football field was water boy for his high school team. I wish they would all shut up.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4298627] [B][SIZE="6"]WOULD SCHOTTY THROW THE GAME TO THE FISH TO GET THE MIAMI JOB?!?!?[/SIZE][/B] :eek::eek::eek:[/QUOTE]

that doesn't even remotely make sense.

If he wants the Miami HC job, wouldn't he want to beat the piss out of their defense to prove he can run an offense?????

Jets Insider VIP
    Making the playoffs is secondary for me right now.

I want the Jets to play well, win the game, and end the regular season on a high note. That worked for the Falcons 2 yrs ago. They had blown their chance at the playoffs with an up and down season and were hell bent to win the last game to finish 9-7. They went 14-2 the next year. The same with the Steelers in 2009.

Beating Miami is also good to show that the Jets haven't quit on Rex.

Everything will go right, and then Oakland will win on a 59 yard Janikowski FG.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4298647][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/image.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[b]WELL HE IS.[/b] :D

[QUOTE=SAR I;4298700]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Bring back Braylon. :(

[QUOTE=Wall Street Superstar;4298792]Everything will go right, and then Oakland will win on a 59 yard Janikowski FG.[/QUOTE]

You forget that it would be EITHER the Raiders *OR* the Broncos(or should I call them the Denver Tebows?) that has to lose....

The Ravens of course must beat the Bengals.....

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    How is this moe even on tv?

[QUOTE=Magnus;4298628]Tenn is beating Houston who aren't playing for anything. Game over[/QUOTE]

This comment has fail written all over it. Houston does not want to lose to a team in their division and then play them again the following week. That never works out. Also, they need to gain some momentum and heard they would rather play the Jets instead of a divisional opponent.

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4298627]His scenario:

1. The Ravens want to win the division and go into the playoffs on a roll by beating Cincy.

2. Tennessee has lost 2 in a row.

3. The Chargers are on a roll (better late than never) Rivers will have a great game while Palmer is still trying to find his way.

[B]4. JETS 23 FISH 17[/B]

Seriously, my biggest problem is #4. Yes, Miami has an interim coach and it's a meaningless season, but, they would love to knock off the Jets and the Jets are total enigma's at this point.

[B][SIZE="6"]WOULD SCHOTTY THROW THE GAME TO THE FISH TO GET THE MIAMI JOB?!?!?[/SIZE][/B] :eek::eek::eek:[/QUOTE]

how would schotty throwing the game against the dolphins help him get the miami job in any way? if anything he's auditioning. this makes no sense.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

ah yes, a SOJF is not complete unless he is blaming the Coach/QB for everything. Much like the blind squirrel, a SOJF is sometimes correct in blaming the coach. But this coach has won 4 road playoff games in 24 months and took his team to two straight conference games. so the only logical conclusion to be made after this season is;

FIRE THE COACH!