Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNY Ray Lucas: "LT will definitely be back with Jets in '12"

SNY Ray Lucas: "LT will definitely be back with Jets in '12"

:eek:

Kris jenkins concurs by the way....(Kris just picked the Fish to beat the Jets, but, thats a whole other story)

I am so done with LT it isnt even funny. Are you telling me that our team had no leaders in the locker room and on the sideline until LT showed up? C'mon! If he passes "The Bus" on the all-time yards list - WGAF!

I wanna see McNight in there from the get go next year if...

...interesting dilemma:

Brandon Jacobs (guaranteed an ex-Giant in '12)comes in to split time power-rushing with Greene IF he can be had for under 1.5 mil per season??? Rex would love it? :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    I hope so. And I hope in an increased role. LT has plenty left in the tank. He still has a lot of wiggle.

McKnight carries the ball like a loaf of bread. He will never withstand the punishment. He is a good player but only to a certain point.

Jacobs is washed. He played hard the last two games trying to get himself a contract. Dude is a punk and locker room cancer.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4298661]I hope so. And I hope in an increased role. LT has plenty left in the tank. He still has a lot of wiggle.[/QUOTE]

I concur.....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4298665]I concur.....[/QUOTE]

I actually think the reduced role he has had the past two years has helped him. He still has a burst and can start and stop very well. People dont realize how special this guy was and is.

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4298654]:eek:

Kris jenkins concurs by the way....(Kris just picked the Fish to beat the Jets, but, thats a whole other story)

I am so done with LT it isnt even funny. Are you telling me that our team had no leaders in the locker room and on the sideline until LT showed up? C'mon! If he passes "The Bus" on the all-time yards list - WGAF!

I wanna see McNight in there from the get go next year if...

...interesting dilemma:

Brandon Jacobs (guaranteed an ex-Giant in '12)comes in to split time power-rushing with Greene IF he can be had for under 1.5 mil per season??? Rex would love it? :yes:[/QUOTE]

**** BRANDON JACOBS. DONT WANT THAT GUY ANYWHERE NEAR MY TEAM.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4298661]I hope so. And I hope in an increased role. LT has plenty left in the tank. He still has a lot of wiggle.[/QUOTE]

please pass the crack pipe! LT is basically finished. The one thing he does well is he's good at catching passes, that's it.

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4298678]please pass the crack pipe! LT is basically finished. The one thing he does well is he's good at catching passes, that's it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty good for a third down back, huh? He's faster and quicker than Greene. The Jets longest pass plays this year have been to LT.

LT can still play. Lots of wiggle, pretty good speed, great blocker, doesn't fumble, and he's class. What's not to like?

we need a back who can share carries with Greene. that is not LT. he should not come back. McKnight can be the 3rd back.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4298678]please pass the crack pipe! LT is basically finished. The one thing he does well is he's good at catching passes, that's it.[/QUOTE]

What's a Crack Pipe:huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    how the f* does Ray Lucas know? he knows nothing

I'd like to see LT back

Brandon Jacobs is an ignorant b*stard. I lost any respect there could ever be for him after that "Shut up, fat boy!" comment.

The guy's hating on LT are looking like uneducated Jets Fans. Bring Lt back for what he does in 3rd down situations and the passing game. He's an excellent outlet receiver and still has burst. I like to see LT be our version of Kevin Faulk

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MarkyMarkSanchez;4298714]The guy's hating on LT are looking like uneducated Jets Fans. Bring Lt back for what he does in 3rd down situations and the passing game. He's an excellent outlet receiver and still has burst. I like to see LT be our version of Kevin Faulk[/QUOTE]

This.......................:yes:

[QUOTE=sect313;4298681]we need a back who can share carries with Greene. that is not LT. he should not come back. McKnight can be the 3rd back.[/QUOTE]

Agree. LT is a good receiver, but so is McKnight. Neither has been good running the ball. Time for McKnight to replace LT as 3rd down back. Bring someone else in, either in FA or draft, to share carries with Greene.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=MarkyMarkSanchez;4298714]The guy's hating on LT are looking like uneducated Jets Fans. Bring Lt back for what he does in 3rd down situations and the passing game. He's an excellent outlet receiver and still has burst. I like to see LT be our version of Kevin Faulk[/QUOTE]

agreed. I like his intensity. At times I thought he was our best offensive player this year!

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4298672]I actually think the reduced role he has had the past two years has helped him. He still has a burst and can start and stop very well. People dont realize how special this guy was and is.[/QUOTE]

+1 LT is still has the best hands of any back in the game. Good speed and a good blocker. He is not done by any means and would be harder to replace then people think. I think Greene would be easier to replace.

nothing wrong with bringing lt back at the right price. he can still catch and is a better blocker in the backfield than anyone else on the jets right now. and he can still carry the call. maybe he can't play every down but he's still good for 10-12 plays per game.

Practice Squad
    LT probably also has the longest play from scrimmage for the Jets this year (the screen in Oakland)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4298738]I think Greene would be easier to replace.[/QUOTE]

You know it. Go look at a picture of him running his rookie year and a picture of him now. He has gotten fatter and slower. He has a weak core which is why he is always hurting his ribs.

Its a shame, had such high hopes for this guy. I hope next year with an improved line he will return to form. Not ready to quit on him yet though.

[QUOTE=NYJETS3233;4298674]**** BRANDON JACOBS. DONT WANT THAT GUY ANYWHERE NEAR MY TEAM.[/QUOTE]

I think Rex would want Tanny to sign Jacobs only to have him play only SPECIAL TEAMS. The Ultimate Humiliation for him. :D

Or maybe have him be the Kicker? Can't be any worse than Folk or Conley! :P