Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Analysis of Sanchez Error

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez does this a lot. he had greene open 5 yards in front of him in the third qtr but tried to hit Keller who was doubled 11 yarsd of to the right. He comes out of the huddle looking to throw to one guy and thats it. This seems to be a coaching problem the cavanagh is not teaching. As bad bad as shotty is cavanaugh is just as bad.[QUOTE=rextilleon;4298844]This is quite a good analysis of one play that shows why Sanchez is lacking.

[url]http://www.ganggreennation.com/2011/12/29/2669423/when-a-passing-game-can-do-nothing-right[/url][/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4299440]
    I don't understand why it's impossible for both Schotty AND Sanchez to suck. Why does it always have to be one person that does the team in?[/QUOTE]
    Because there have been sightings of Sanchez not only not sucking but actually doing very well. Sjchitty, not so much. All he has shown us consistent mediocrity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec318;4299477]Sanchez does this a lot. he had greene open 5 yards in front of him in the third qtr but tried to hit Keller who was doubled 11 yarsd of to the right. He comes out of the huddle looking to throw to one guy and thats it. [B]This seems to be a coaching problem the cavanagh is not teaching.[/B] As bad bad as shotty is cavanaugh is just as bad.[/QUOTE]

How can you determine that? What if it is being taught but he can't execute it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec318;4299477]Sanchez does this a lot. he had greene open 5 yards in front of him in the third qtr but tried to hit Keller who was doubled 11 yarsd of to the right. He comes out of the huddle looking to throw to one guy and thats it. This seems to be a coaching problem the cavanagh is not teaching. As bad bad as shotty is cavanaugh is just as bad.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. It's no excuse but it's probably one of the reasons Holmes and Plax dog it.... They know from experience that if it's not their play, Sanchez won't look for them even if they are standing alone in the middle of the field yelling throw it to me, throw it to me!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4299480]Because there have been sightings of Sanchez not only not sucking but actually doing very well. Sjchitty, not so much. All he has shown us consistent mediocrity.[/QUOTE]

Sightings. But never more than that. Never a three or four game stretch where he's delivering in all four quarters of a game and not just the 4th.

I do agree though with the general consensus on this board that Sanchez deserves a shot with a new OC. Maybe that brings out a more consistent display of the "sightings." Schotty and Sanchez are clearly not a good marriage, and I can definitely see the points of those who lay the majority of the blame on the OC.

But I think the ultimate conclusion here is that the Jets missed on the QB. And if that turns out to be the case after Schotty is gone, then all they accomplished by firing Schotty was unloading an OC who found a way to get to two AFC championship games with a lame duck at QB.

Time will tell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;4298891]Whats the issue that sanchez holds the ball to long....this well know i thini he rather take a sac then an int[/QUOTE]

thats the whole truth I see sanchez holding the ball too long.other then that.he looks gun shy to me.