Thread: is schotty for real?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

is schotty for real?

in today's ny post schitty claims he is an excellent coach. by whose measure? he certainly hasn't shown much with the jets. no matter how you slice it, except for the brief period with goober favre at qb, the jets offense has been terrible. funny too how schitty is more concerned about his own well being. he's like eva peron, you know "don't cry for me same old jets fans".

this guy doesn't get it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He said it in his weekly presser. You can watch it on the Jets website.

He also said that the thought of being fired does not affect him and that he has been fired before. He feels that his comfortable in his job b.c of the 2-yr extension he received earlier this year along with Mike Pettine.

Bottom line is I appreciate him putting on a good face for the media and I like Rex talking him up. Rex is not going to publicly criticize his coaches or players. But behind closed doors I am sure that Tanny and Woody have had the conversation and that is where this is heading.

I just hope someone is stupid enough to give him a HC job. Because if the Jets fire him then the media will call out Rex for supporting him but then firing him which makes him look like a phony. Either way it is lose-lose for the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    what do you want him to say?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4298907]in today's ny post schitty claims he is an excellent coach.[/QUOTE]

Addicts deny that they are addicts. I guess sh!tty coaches deny that they are sh!tty coaches as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4298907]in today's ny post schitty claims he is an excellent coach. by whose measure? he certainly hasn't shown much with the jets. no matter how you slice it, except for the brief period with goober favre at qb, the jets offense has been terrible. funny too how schitty is more concerned about his own well being. he's like eva peron, you know "don't cry for me same old jets fans".

this guy doesn't get it.[/QUOTE]

What do you want him to say? That he sucks? Hoqw would that help us win this week?

This is an example of criticism that makes all the Schotty haters look dumb. Which they are not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4299104]Addicts deny that they are addicts. I guess sh!tty coaches deny that they are sh!tty coaches as well.[/QUOTE]

Do good coaches need to keep reminding people how good they are? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4299165]Do good coaches need to keep reminding people how good they are? :confused:[/QUOTE]

You mean like Rex always quoting where his defense ranks?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4299169]You mean like Rex always quoting where his defense ranks?[/QUOTE]

You hate Rex. I get it. :rolleyes:

God forbid anybody say anything about your beloved moron without you coming up with some obfuscation or deflection.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4299174]You hate Rex. I get it. :rolleyes:

God forbid anybody say anything about your beloved moron without you coming up with some obfuscation or deflection.[/QUOTE]

Where have I said that...Just seems if your logic is used for one person it should apply for others.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4299184]Where have I said that...Just seems if your logic is used for one person it should apply for others.[/QUOTE]

You foirgot to mention the part where Rex has actually succeeded. You know, top 5 defenses for the majority of his career. If Schoddy could match his mouth on the field, we wouldn't be discussing how much most of us want his worthless ass gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4299193]You foirgot to mention the part where Rex has actually succeeded. You know, top 5 defenses for the majority of his career. If Schoddy could match his mouth on the field, we wouldn't be discussing how much most of us want his worthless ass gone.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=freestater;4299165]Do good coaches need to keep reminding people how good they are? :confused2[/QUOTE]

OK

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4299195]OK[/QUOTE]
    Rex is the exception, not the rule. He likes talking s***. It doesn't remove the fact that he puts up when he talks. I've heard Brian tell us all how good he is for years now. How about showing us, Brian....

:tumblewee

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4299184]Where have I said that...Just seems if your logic is used for one person it should apply for others.[/QUOTE]

you're right. if it applies to one, it should apply to all. You and others have called us schotty-haters.

fine.

Rex-hater. :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4299207]you're right. if it applies to one, it should apply to all. You and others have called us schotty-haters.

fine.

Rex-hater. :P[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Rex-hater...I think he overrates this D and he really needs to step up next season, IMO and get more involved in the O and the game DURING the game...And where have I called you a schotty-hater? I just try to present facts..And as I have stated I don't care who the OC is, feel its time for a new voice/approach to determine if Sanchez is the Jets QB for the next 10 yrs because I'm having reservations..And it all boils down to improved play consistently (basic plays) from the players....When a receiver is open the QB needs to complete the pass...and when a pass hits the receiver in the hands it needs to be caught.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4298907]in today's ny post schitty claims he is an excellent coach. by whose measure? he certainly hasn't shown much with the jets. no matter how you slice it, except for the brief period with goober favre at qb, the jets offense has been terrible. funny too how schitty is more concerned about his own well being. he's like eva peron, you know "don't cry for me same old jets fans".

this guy doesn't get it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately YES

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4299169]You mean like Rex always quoting where his defense ranks?[/QUOTE]

That's a factual, objective statement. You know, first, third, even 7th is a 'good defense'. 27th offense ranked offense, yet he continues to insist he's an excellent coach. This is his subjective opinion because it's not based on facts or statistics.

Sjhitthead wears his criticism like a badge of honor, somehow the fact that people recognize he blows proves he's 'arrived'. A-hole.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4299095]what do you want him to say?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;4299118]What do you want him to say? That he sucks? Hoqw would that help us win this week?

This is an example of criticism that makes all the Schotty haters look dumb. Which they are not.[/QUOTE]

how does schotty saying he is an excellent coach help the team win in any manner? he is trying to talk himself up because simply put, nobody else will...it has no relation to the play of the team what so ever and he is blowing smoke up his own ass without basis.

what do I want him to say? nothing about his excellence as a coach...its not a necessary comment to make.

he's a total assclown.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's absurd. He's like an SNL skit, but the joke is on Jets fans.

I mean really, he never does an interview without saying "I'm a very good coach". Check the transcripts.

And now that's evolved into "I'm an [B]excellent[/B] coach".

People have been declared mentally unbalanced for less.