Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rex: Only way we let Schotty go is if he gets an HC job

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Wallace Wright;4299368]Schottenheimer coming back is the only thing that can make me not care about the Jets next year.

It shows that they have no idea what they're doing and that Rex is a moron.[/QUOTE]

OFWGKTA lol and yea watching this offense is worse than watching a movie on lifetime.:zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=revischrist;4299345]Also what do you guys think he would say before a big game? You are all aware he could say he loves Schotty today and still fire him after the season? Its not like he is bound by twitter posts.[/QUOTE]

+1 Mangini and Tanny were buds and Mangini went after a 9-7 season..

[QUOTE=C Mart;4299351]
    [B]Yesterday, the offensive coordinator said he didn't think he needed a strong performance from Sanchez and Co. in Miami to secure his job.[/B] [/QUOTE]

Why on earth would we want to get rid of someone like this? :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=SMC;4299373]Tannenbaum is the cold hearted bastard and will be the one doing the firing. Rex is too much of a ***** to do it.

[B]The big problem is that Schitty and Tannenbaum are close.[/B] I don't know what it is, but according to reports, Tanny was the one who pushed to have Schitty stay on when Rex was hired.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is a problem at all for these reasons:

1) Like someone here said, "Tannenbaum is the cold hearted bastard" ;)

2)...[QUOTE=Savage69;4299466]+1 Mangini and Tanny were buds and Mangini went after a 9-7 season..[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Informally, I count about a 1/2 dozen in the group thus far who will be "done with the NY Jets" for some period of time if Schotty doesnt leave.

Is that more or less than the # in the old Queens stadium petition movement thing?

Maybe someone should start a poll.

i don't know what the jets will do. even fatcessa was spewing about how the jets really need to cut ties with schitty. the thing is what on earth should rex be saying before a potentially significant game? i guess he really needs to calm the waters and make it clear schitty will be back but on the other hand schitty is so bad the players may react favorably to schitty getting canned. who knows maybe they'll put up 30 on the news.

and of course if the jets win and the rest of the teams lose the jets will be in the playoffs and we'll have to tolerate the dope for another week or so.

With the hope that Rex Ryan and/or Woody Johnson reads this forum, I will write these few words. To have employed Brian Schottenheimer all these years, and now proclaim that you still want him as OC in 2012, I understand that you are both morons, morally bankrupt, and just another wrung in the ladder of Jet franchise failures.

You have one day after this season ends to jettison the idiotic, incompetent s hit box named Brian Scottenheimer, or--as I've said many times over--you will lose me as a supporter of your team. Something which I have done since 1965. I would rather not watch football, than endure another year of this mess.

What about change frightens the both of you? Do you not see what your OC has orchestrated? Are you happy with his "tutelage" of Mark Sanchez? No other OC candidate could possibly do a better job? Design more efficient offenses and game plans?

Rex, for you to have said these platitudes about Shoddy (sic) today shows me that you are a sell out dunce, who never had the f**king balls to hold your ground and bring in [I]your[/I] OC when you were first hired. How does Woody's dick taste? Maybe one day you will let us know why you sold out. But, I won't hold my breath. Nor, will I give a f**K, as I will be,sadly, "off the Jet bus" forever.

[QUOTE=MrJames;4299323]The New York Jets fans everybody :clapper:[/QUOTE]

Lol! Pretty ridiculous, huh? Lets fire the guy who brought us to b2b afc championship games after his first difficult season.

[QUOTE=NxYxJets;4299503]Lol! Pretty ridiculous, huh? Lets fire the guy who brought us to b2b afc championship games after his first difficult season.[/QUOTE]

Rex is the best thing that has happened to this franchise and Woody knows it.
    [B]
    Back to back AFC title games.[/B] What we need is a replacement for Hunter, a Wide Receiver that can separate from the defense & stretch the field, and perhaps another RB.

All League
    Rex is an idiot, I don't believe him anymore with anything the guy says ever...I will believe it when I see it...

All League
    Did it cross anyone else's mind that Rex is ALMOST POSITIVE that Schotty will be getting a HC job somewhere? Rex is pretty connected throughout the coaching fraternity and I bet he, and Brian, know something that we all don't.....

GOOD RIDDANCE

Rookie
    I take what Rex says with a grain of salt. Rex over the past 2 years has also mentioned that he liked Kerry Rhodes, Vernon Gholston, and Braylon Edwards while they were all with the team

[QUOTE=SouthTown;4299528]Did it cross anyone else's mind that Rex is ALMOST POSITIVE that Schotty will be getting a HC job somewhere? Rex is pretty connected throughout the coaching fraternity and I bet he, and Brian, know something that we all don't.....

GOOD RIDDANCE[/QUOTE]

It's probably 50-50 on that, because I think there's an opportunity for Brian to get a head coaching job this year.

[B]"I thought that the first two years but it wasn't to be[/B]. He certainly would be a qualified applicant as a head coach, that's for sure."

What if Schottenheimer is not offered a head coaching job?

"Then I expect him back," Ryan said.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=lovethejets;4299417]This relationship is what worries me the most, personally.

I think in some ways, it's sort of unfair to blame Rex for Schotty being around, and it continuing.

Rex wanted Hue Jackson as OC when he came here, not Schotty. Schotty isn't his guy. At all.

Likewise, Adam Schein, and a couple of others have pretty clearly hinted, said, or will confirm through DM on Twitter that Rex and Schotty? Don't see eye-to-eye... and aren't all that close in ways people would try to paint.

Allegedly, Schotty also has issues with Callahan, again, confirmed through some of the national media sources and others, if you strike up a conversation with them through Twitter, and begin to DM with them. As they don't want their names attached to certain disclosures publicly, thus won't tweet it outright. Allegedly, and apologies if this is incorrect, but per a notable NFLN guy... Schotty is part of the reason that Callahan hasn't extended. As he wants to see where the pieces fall with that, have maximum leverage, weigh options, and see if he wants to stay on, and what kind of capacity he'd be staying on in-- and if the offensive staff would be staying as is, etc.

Rex isn't who is keeping Schotty around, but until IF AND WHEN, Schotty is no longer the OC, Rex has to toe the party line and continue to throw his support behind him.

One) Because they WANT Schotty to get a job elsewhere. For multiple reasons. So disparaging and undermining doesn't aide in that cause, does it?

If he gets hired elsewhere:

A. They're no longer on the hook for his contract. B. The people with close personal ties to him and his father don't have to "fire" him. C. Everyone's happy.

Two) Schotty has lost/is losing some of the players. Multiple. Something the team tries to say isn't the case, repeatedly. Just imagine what happens, if Rex were to publicly acknowledge a crack in things where Schotty's concerned, further fueling an issue where Schotty's trying to hold on to the support of all the players.

Three) They've still got an important game to play. Schotty is still the OC. Rex can't say anything that might show a lack of confidence in Schotty. If the Jets make the playoffs, it's not just one more week of working/dealing with him... If the front office decides to go separate ways.

I don't know, I just don't think the Schotty issue is as small or as simple as might be assumed, and I don't think Rex has as much control in the situation as might be assumed. I think he's just trying to remain even keel, and status quo, for now, and, true to form, stay supportive publicly.[/QUOTE]

If what you post is even remotely true then the Jets as an Organization is a total joke.....

How in the world can the HC be held defacto hostage to one of his underlings!!!:eek:

Absolute MADNESS!!!!:eek:

Good Grief.......:rolleyes:

Veteran

brassen frakin sillyacken

The title of this thread alone gives me tourette's.
    If its true it :barf: blows chunks.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4299318]I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex doesn't have the guts to look him in the eye and fire him. What dont you get? Our coach is a p*ssy who wants to be friends with everybody. What a weak person.[/QUOTE]

Didn't think it was Rex's call.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4299544]It's probably 50-50 on that, because I think there's an opportunity for Brian to get a head coaching job this year.

[B]"I thought that the first two years but it wasn't to be[/B]. He certainly would be a qualified applicant as a head coach, that's for sure."

What if Schottenheimer is not offered a head coaching job?

"Then I expect him back," Ryan said.[/QUOTE]

Ok expects him back and saying he will have a definite job with the jets next season is not the same thing.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4299410]Of course Rex would say this before the season is over and the team has a legit shot at the playoffs...

It's a wonder that some of you can manage yourselves in every day life.[/QUOTE]

The only Post that makes any sort of sense in this thread. :zzz:

They have a Game this sunday. NOTHING is going to be said besides the Cookie-cutter answers [b]'till [u]the SEASON IS OVER.[/u][/b]

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
    - Mike Ditka

Ditka is well.... a dickta.... ser un humbre es ser un humbre as Mrs. Dictka said to me one lovely crisp evening as we made the pinteras fly off the walls of her bedroom.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NyerInTex;4299666]"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
    - Mike Ditka

Ditka is well.... a dickta.... ser un humbre es ser un humbre as Mrs. Dictka said to me one lovely crisp evening as we made the pinteras fly off the walls of her bedroom.[/QUOTE]

YOu have become my favorite poster....