Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex: Only way we let Schotty go is if he gets an HC job

Rex: Only way we let Schotty go is if he gets an HC job

:eek:

@NYPost_Hubbuch: Unleash the hounds: Rex says he expects Schottenheimer back unless BS gets a head-coaching job. #NYJ

Then Sanchez wont be.

Not listening and not buying

Undrafted Free Agent
    Please be wrong :eek:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex doesn't have the guts to look him in the eye and fire him. What dont you get? Our coach is a p*ssy who wants to be friends with everybody. What a weak person.

[QUOTE=Magnus;4299318]I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex doesn't have the guts to look him in the eye and fire him. What dont you get? Our coach is a p*ssy who wants to be friends with everybody. What a weak person.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

Banned
    Then I guess it's time for Rex to go too....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4299321]Then I guess it's time for Rex to go too....[/QUOTE]

sadly, it's getting to that point.

The New York Jets fans everybody :clapper:

[QUOTE=MrJames;4299323]The New York Jets fans everybody :clapper:[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[QUOTE=Magnus;4299318]I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex doesn't have the guts to look him in the eye and fire him. What dont you get? Our coach is a p*ssy who wants to be friends with everybody. What a weak person.[/QUOTE]

So you are that gullible ?

When has a head coach EVER called out a coordinator in public, apart from Buddy Ryan hitting Kevin Gilbride?

All Pro
    I hope this isn't serious.....

but If it is they BOTH can leave.... (and I'm a big Rex fan btw)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4299313]Not listening and not buying[/QUOTE]

True. If we have learned anything the last couple years, it is to ignore what Rex says in public about players or coaches.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4299328]So you are that gullible ?[/QUOTE]

No This has been my feeling all along. Rex wants to be buddies with Schotty and his dad so he will never fire him. Schotty will have to leave on his own.

[QUOTE=Magnus;4299332]No This has been [B]my feeling[/B] all along. Rex wants to be buddies with Schotty and his dad so he will never fire him. Schotty will have to leave on his own.[/QUOTE]

Your assumption, rather. And what happens when we assume, class?
    I'm sorry for being so trite, but you are assuming something that may not be true at all.

Banned
    [QUOTE=freestater;4299322]sadly, it's getting to that point.[/QUOTE]

Not "getting to that point." If he won't fire Schottenheimer after this debacle of a season, then it's gotten to that point.

He didn't say NFL head coaching job. I would imagine that he could go after a college job if he wished. One thing Rex is finding out is that as an assistant coach you can be as loyal to your players and coaches as can be. As a head coach you can't. It is up to the head coach (and gm) to make those tough choices for the better of the team.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4299335]Not "getting to that point." If he won't fire Schottenheimer after this debacle of a season, then it's gotten to that point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we need to fire our head coach after he took us to back to back AFC championship games because he had one bad season (in which we still have a chance at the playoffs in week 17).

I hate Schitty as much as the next guy, but Rex has a very long leash with me and i suspect with the owner. Luckily, knee jerk PMSing Jets fans don't get to run this organization. Maybe we can brick back Kotite, Mangini or Herm back so you can remember what failure was really like.

Also what do you guys think he would say before a big game? You are all aware he could say he loves Schotty today and still fire him after the season? Its not like he is bound by twitter posts.