All League
    Some of you guys are so gullible!!! What did Rex say last year about:

Gholston
    Taylor
    Jenkins

He noted all their good points and said he wanted everyone back on the
    team. Then as soon as it was smart for the cap all of them were let go

Banned
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4299340]Yeah, we need to fire our head coach after he took us to back to back AFC championship games because he had one bad season (in which we still have a chance at the playoffs in week 17).

I hate Schitty as much as the next guy, but Rex has a very long leash with me and i suspect with the owner. Luckily, knee jerk PMSing Jets fans don't get to run this organization. Maybe we can brick back Kotite, Mangini or Herm back so you can remember what failure was really like.[/QUOTE]

I love Rex. I love what he's done for this team and fanbase. But if he won't get rid of this turd so the team can move forward, then he's no good to us anymore. Schottenheimer is a bag of bricks that is sinking this franchise. He has to go.

[QUOTE=Magnus;4299332]No This has been my feeling all along.[B] Rex wants to be buddies with Schotty and his dad so he will never fire him.[/B] Schotty will have to leave on his own.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!! Where people come up with this stuff is laughable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

My 3rd "repost" of the day & I got cha back RR. ;)

I'm sure Brian Schottenheimer has a long, drawn out offensive coordinator contract extension with a long, drawn out escape clause including one that states if Brian wants to entertain HC positions starting on or about Feb. 6th, 2012, he can.

I understand the fan frustration & some media whores fueling the fire, but Schotty is not a bad coach. He's done all he can do with his style of running the offense. The Jets offense & starting QB is morphing into their own and his methodology just isn't effective anymore.

He's got an impressive NFL resume, made his bones in this business and will be offered HC positions elsewhere shortly. Again, I'm looking forward to getting front row seats at the Rex versus Schotty Bowl 201_.

Please stop the cyber whining Jet fans & just let the professionals handle it from here.

Thanks.

Rex Ryan placed the chances of Brian Schottenheimer returning to the Jets next season at "50-50."

The main reason Schottenheimer would not see the remainder of his contract through in New York (he is signed until 2013), Ryan said, is because he thinks there's a good chance Schottenheimer will be offered a head coaching position this offseason.

Schottenheimer has most recently been linked to a job with the Miami Dolphins, who the Jets play this Sunday.

"I'll say that, but obviously if he gets a head coaching job then 'see you later,'" Ryan said. "And I'd be happy to see that. So, do I expect him back?

It's probably 50-50 on that, because I think there's an opportunity for Brian to get a head coaching job this year.

"I thought that the first two years but it wasn't to be. He certainly would be a qualified applicant as a head coach, that's for sure."

What if Schottenheimer is not offered a head coaching job?

"Then I expect him back," Ryan said.

Yesterday, the offensive coordinator said he didn't think he needed a strong performance from Sanchez and Co. in Miami to secure his job. [URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/jets_brian_schottenheimer_keep.html"]He said that he's faced similar speculation before[/URL] and is not concerned about reports that link him to other head coaching jobs and ones that say he would be let go with the Jets.

“I am not worried about that at all," he said. "I want to play well, we need to play well, because there is certainly a chance for us to still make the playoffs. … But again, I don’t worry about that.”

Ultimately, Schottenheimer said he takes the responsibility of the league's 27th-ranked offense that has averaged 307.7 yards per game.

“If you are going to talk about inconsistencies, I have to own that responsibility,” Schottenheimer said. “It’s our unit’s job, our staff’s job.”

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/rex_ryan_says_theres_a_50-50_c.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed[/URL]

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4299308]:eek:

@NYPost_Hubbuch: Unleash the hounds: Rex says he expects Schottenheimer back unless BS gets a head-coaching job. #NYJ[/QUOTE]

Slightly misleading thread title. Rex saying "he expects Schotty back" is a lot different than saying "the only way we let him go is if he gets an HC job."

The word 'expects' is perfect for a guy like Rex - it allows him to make a bold statement that can ultimately be proven incorrect with no skin off his back. He can blame Schotty's termination on some "un"expected turn of events.

[QUOTE=KRL;4299347]Some of you guys are so gullible!!! What did Rex say last year about:

Gholston
    Taylor
    Jenkins

He noted all their good points and said he wanted everyone back on the
    team. Then as soon as it was smart for the cap all of them were let go[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm not as firmly against Schotty as some on the board, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him go and I don't think this latest tweet or whatever it is gives any breaking insight as to what will actually happen.

Hall Of Fame
    WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO SAY IN PUBLIC? WHAT?

[QUOTE=Magnus;4299318]I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex doesn't have the guts to look him in the eye and fire him. What dont you get? Our coach is a p*ssy who wants to be friends with everybody. What a weak person.[/QUOTE]

Weak is synonymous with having no strength or courage.

Rex has shown more guts over the last 3 years than any NYJ coach.

Banned
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4299357]Weak is synonymous with having no strength or courage.

Rex has shown more guts over the last 3 years than any NYJ coach.[/QUOTE]

Except he doesn't have the balls to do what is needed here.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4299355]WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO SAY IN PUBLIC? WHAT?[/QUOTE]

How about we have a game coming up and thats all I am thinking about?

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4299359]Except he doesn't have the balls to do what is needed here.[/QUOTE]

Season isn't over yet.

How do you people handle day to day affairs in your respective lives?

[QUOTE=Magnus;4299360]How about we have a game coming up and thats all I am thinking about?[/QUOTE]

Gawd...A Belichick/Mangini answer...And if he answered it that way people here would be all over him.

Jets Insider VIP
    If everyone wants Schitty gone, pray that he calls for 60 pass plays again this week.

That way, Rex can sit back and do absolutely nothing about it in the game and look like a complete idiot in the postgame presser.

Schottenheimer coming back is the only thing that can make me not care about the Jets next year.

It shows that they have no idea what they're doing and that Rex is a moron.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4299335]Not "getting to that point." If he won't fire Schottenheimer after this debacle of a season, then it's gotten to that point.[/QUOTE]

Rex has NO credibility with anyng he says anymore.

I still think he's a good coach but as fan you should have learned by now that his words don't really live in reality.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tannenbaum is the cold hearted bastard and will be the one doing the firing. Rex is too much of a ***** to do it.

The big problem is that Schitty and Tannenbaum are close. I don't know what it is, but according to reports, Tanny was the one who pushed to have Schitty stay on when Rex was hired.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4299360]How about we have a game coming up and thats all I am thinking about?[/QUOTE]

You must know better than that man.

If he dodges the question (which is totally contrary to how he has handled himself these first three years) it will be taken as that Schotty is infact in danger of losing his job.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4299308]:eek:

@NYPost_Hubbuch: Unleash the hounds: Rex says he expects Schottenheimer back unless BS gets a head-coaching job. #NYJ[/QUOTE]

this plays directly into my theory on how the jets will approach schotty...

notice he said "expects"...

i will say this, if schotty does come back next year its a wrap on rex's tenure with the jets...schotty will sink him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;4299373]Tannenbaum is the cold hearted bastard and will be the one doing the firing. Rex is too much of a ***** to do it.

The big problem is that Schitty and Tannenbaum are close. I don't know what it is, but according to reports, Tanny was the one who pushed to have Schitty stay on when Rex was hired.[/QUOTE]

As close as Tanny and Schitty are, I bet they aren't as close as Tanny and Mangini were. Tanny has the balls to pull the trigger. I am sure of that.

[QUOTE=MrJames;4299323]The New York Jets fans everybody :clapper:[/QUOTE]

+100