Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush - OUT for Sunday

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Bush - OUT for Sunday

First big break for the Jets all year. He would've have been a nightmare match-up for our LB corp.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/30/reggie-bush-out-for-sunday-vs-jets/[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Bush OUT Sunday

So here is a thread about the actual game itself, instead of all the *****ing and moaning.

According to Manish, and Matthew Barry, Reggie is out Sunday. could be a help to us since he has had a very good year

Manish Mehta:
    Tweet:Dolphins' leading rusher Reggie Bush, who's averaging 5.0 ypc, has been ruled out of Sunday's game vs Jets with a knee injury. #nyj

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huge blow to Miami's offense and a big break for us.

He had a solid game against us the first time and has been featured more by Miami since.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news with Revis on Marshall he was really the biggest threat on offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IndianaJet;4299375]First big break for the Jets all year. He would've have been a nightmare match-up for our LB corp.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/30/reggie-bush-out-for-sunday-vs-jets/[/url][/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, so Ballard, Umenyora, and Manningham ALL being out last week's game alone wasn't a big enough break for the Jets? Or how about when they faced Buffalo at home and half of Buffalo's pathetic team was out, and the Jets STILL almost lost the game, and should've lost the game, had Stevie Johnson not celebrated, or dropped 3 balls. How about when Chad Henne got injured for the season the week before they played Miami on Monday night? No, the Jets haven't gotten any breaks all season, especially when it comes to important players on the other team getting injured.

Edit: Or when Dez Bryant got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Dallas game and was limping around the field for the rest of the game, and was walking on the pick that Romo threw to Revis. Give me time and I could probably go on and on with the list....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TBH the Jets have been given breaks ALL YEAR LONG with injuries from opposing teams and have not been able to capitalize on them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4299391]Ah, ok, so Ballard, Umenyora, and Manningham ALL being out last week's game alone wasn't a big enough break for the Jets? Or how about when they faced Buffalo at home and half of Buffalo's pathetic team was out, and the Jets STILL almost lost the game, and should've lost the game, had Stevie Johnson not celebrated, or dropped 3 balls. How about when Chad Henne got injured for the season the week before they played Miami on Monday night? No, the Jets haven't gotten any breaks all season, especially when it comes to important players on the other team getting injured.

Edit: Or when Dez Bryant got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Dallas game and was limping around the field for the rest of the game, and was walking on the pick that Romo threw to Revis. Give me time and I could probably go on and on with the list....[/QUOTE]

Wow! with all these injuries to key players on the opposing team it make me wonder if Woody has Tanya Harding on the payroll.;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tenn beats Houston its better that the Jets lose anyway. :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Calvin Pace, Garrett McIntyre and Ricky Sapp all just breathed a sigh of relief. My biggest concern about this game was the OLB's being able to set the edge on the outside runs that Bush excels at.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the problem is that nobody looks at our roster and goes....."holy shi7, this guy presents a match-up problem for us. how do we cover him?"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4299425]the problem is that nobody looks at our roster and goes....."holy shi7, this guy presents a match-up problem for us. how do we cover him?"[/QUOTE]

Plaxico Burress and his 41 catches beg to differ!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    most people have been sleeping on how good Reggie Bush has been this year. him being out is a huge boost to the Jets' chances. He has become the gamechanger everyone thought he would be in college. And he does it between the tackles.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4299391]Ah, ok, so Ballard, Umenyora, and Manningham ALL being out last week's game alone wasn't a big enough break for the Jets? Or how about when they faced Buffalo at home and half of Buffalo's pathetic team was out, and the Jets STILL almost lost the game, and should've lost the game, had Stevie Johnson not celebrated, or dropped 3 balls. How about when Chad Henne got injured for the season the week before they played Miami on Monday night? No, the Jets haven't gotten any breaks all season, especially when it comes to important players on the other team getting injured.

Edit: Or when Dez Bryant got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Dallas game and was limping around the field for the rest of the game, and was walking on the pick that Romo threw to Revis. Give me time and I could probably go on and on with the list....[/QUOTE]

HAHA - talk about sucking the life out of this thread!

But you're 100% right...with the exception of Vick coming back, the Jets have been handed breaks all year long and haven't done much with them.

That said, doesn't change the fact that Bush was primed to eat up a reeling Jets team on Sunday and his absence does nothing but increase the 10% chance the Jets have of making the playoffs on Sunday.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4299429]Plaxico Burress and his 41 catches beg to differ![/QUOTE]

was he active last weekend?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4299452]HAHA - talk about sucking the life out of this thread!

But you're 100% right...with the exception of Vick coming back, the Jets have been handed breaks all year long and haven't done much with them.

That said, doesn't change the fact that Bush was primed to eat up a reeling Jets team on Sunday and his absence does nothing but increase the 10% chance the Jets have of making the playoffs on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Their great LT Jake Long is on IR as well. We did get a break this time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4299429]Plaxico Burress and his 41 catches beg to differ![/QUOTE]

If Plax is the scarriest guy on our roster, that sums up the offense problems.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4299500]Their great LT Jake Long is on IR as well. We did get a break this time.[/QUOTE]

Its funny that Jets fans on this board act like they are football gurus yet they don't seem to understand that losing Long is 10 times more critical to this game than losing Reggie Bush.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4299545]Its funny that Jets fans on this board act like they are football gurus yet they don't seem to understand that losing Long is 10 times more critical to this game than losing Reggie Bush.[/QUOTE]

10 times...is that science? How do I get to be as smart as you?

Losing Long is HUGE because, like any great LT, he will [I]completely[/I] neutralize our great 1v1 pass rusher,..._________.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4299453]was he active last weekend?[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm just being sarcastic. Burress was as invisible last week as he's been all year, although he was able to get the offensive pass interference on the touchdown that might've given us a chance to get back into the game. Other than that, his biggest achievement in that game, (and probably the season for that matter) is that he got to be introduced last despite the fact that the defense got introduced, and he got sent out as the lone Jets captain for the coin toss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4299590]I know, I'm just being sarcastic. Burress was as invisible last week as he's been all year, although he was able to get the offensive pass interference on the touchdown that might've given us a chance to get back into the game. Other than that, his biggest achievement in that game, (and probably the season for that matter) is that he got to be introduced last despite the fact that the defense got introduced, and he got sent out as the lone Jets captain for the coin toss.[/QUOTE]

And let's not forget the moronic off-sides he pulled. But hey, is everyone really so gloom and doom about the Phish game? We have been known to pull some turnarounds.

A final win, whether we back into the playoffs or not, would be a good start for my New Year. (Of course my standing $250 bet with an annoying Phin fan may have something to do with it as well)