Thread: Dan Orlovsky

Dan Orlovsky

Not a major move but he's played decent since stepping in...Could he be the answer for backup QB next year?

no way. he's looked semi decent the last two games they have won but previous to that he hadn't won a game since his senior year of College at UConn. I think we need to bring in someone more established and trusted. A guy like Shaun Hill would be a great fit.

Dump for not enough info..wth!!!:mad:

macilroy (sp?) will be the backup next season.

[QUOTE=nycuse;4299454]macilroy (sp?) will be the backup next season.[/QUOTE]

McElroy. Everyone says he has no arm, I can't say, but I do know the kid took a lickin' and kept on tickin'

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4299497]McElroy. Everyone says he has no arm, I can't say, but I do know the kid took a lickin' and kept on tickin'[/QUOTE]

as Bill Walsh would say: A QBs arm strength is a bit overrated. This guy has smarts; experience; excellent footwork; and a decent arm. If he sets his feet well-balanced he can wing it. If he just uses arm strength in a rush, he will miss on some throws. He won in the SEC. He won a National Championship. I like what he has to offer as a backup. Lets hope he has lots to offer. I also want to see what O'Connell has to offer. He has great size and a fine arm. Accuracy was his problem. McElroy does not have that problem at all.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 12-30-2011 at 05:48 PM.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4299504]as Bill Walsh would say: A QBs arm strength is a bit overrated. This guy has smarts; experience; excellent footwork; and a decent arm. If he sets his feet well-balanced he can wing it. If he just uses arm strength in a rush, he will miss on some throws. He won in the SEC. He won a National Championship. I like what he has to offer as a backup. Lets hope he has lots to offer. I also want to see what O'Connell has to offer. He has great size and a fine arm. Accuracy was his problem. McElroy does not have that problem at all.[/QUOTE]

exactly. with holes all over the place and FA that need to be signed it will be these 3 as our qb's next year. the only possible exception could (and its a long shot) be PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone's better than Brunell

mcelroy could be a very good back up for this team. of course if schitty is still oc, who needs arm strength?

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4299497]McElroy. Everyone says he has no arm, I can't say, but I do know the kid took a lickin' and kept on tickin'[/QUOTE]

All League

...All the way until he was placed on IR