Thread: speed on offense

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

speed on offense

Any chance we can pick up Lamar Miller RB UM in the first round ,and follow up with TY Hilton wr FIU in the second round.Both explosive and highly rated offensive threats.TY can also punt/kickoff return to add to his all round value.Any thoughts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, i have a thought. unless the jets upgrade the oline (replace moore and hunter) and take care of other positions such as te and launch schitty all the speed in the world at rb and wr isn't going to matter much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's a given that since Sanchez is the 3rd most sacked QB in the NFL there will be some new faces on the OL. This team needs a lot of help right now but remember 25% of ALL NFL players are going to be free agents next year at a time when the cap is not going up that much so there are going to be some real good talent competing for contracts. I would def approach Sanchez about taking less money to upgrade the team. When he has made as much money as he has already taking less is not going to mean that much

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Brandon Moore has allowed ZERO sacks this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=miamijet1;4299502]Any chance we can pick up Lamar Miller RB UM in the first round ,and follow up with TY Hilton wr FIU in the second round.Both explosive and highly rated offensive threats.TY can also punt/kickoff return to add to his all round value.Any thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Ty Hilton is a beast

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4299560]Ty Hilton is a beast[/QUOTE]
    Would rather they go after Kendall Wright than Hilton.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no offense meant for brandon. he's been a very good guard for a very long time. however, he still has issues with his hip and even if he hasn't allowed a sack doesn't mean he's been as effective as a run blocker. granted he's playing next to hunter and that hurts his play.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4299557]I believe Brandon Moore has allowed ZERO sacks this season.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4299519]yes, i have a thought. unless the jets upgrade the oline (replace moore and hunter) and take care of other positions such as te and launch schitty all the speed in the world at rb and wr isn't going to matter much.[/QUOTE]

but moore hasn't allowed the QB to get hit all season, the only OL to do so. I'm down for grooming is replacement tho (not ducasse)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We could have the most talented offense ever, and Schitt-stain would find a way to fail with it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hackjob had a lot less to work with and did better than schitty. i'm having a hard time believing schitty will return or at least be asked to return.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4299593]We could have the most talented offense ever, and Schitt-stain would find a way to fail with it.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

As long as Tannenbaum or Ryan or whomever is responsible for prolonging this Insanity in perpetuity of keeping Shottenheimer on staff, I say the Jets just draft and acquire ALL DEFENSE.

What's the use trying to upgrade Offense. I swear, you give Shottenheimer...Montana, Rice, and Taylor in their primes and at best you'll get a middle of the pack Offense.

Anyone want to argue that point, after watching 6 years minus 1 game of this joke?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4299606]hackjob had a lot less to work with and did better than schitty. i'm having a hard time believing schitty will return or at least be asked to return.[/QUOTE]

I agree..

IMO Hackett was a FAR more effective OC than Schotty based on the talent level he was working with and the fact that his QB (Chad) was limited due to his several shoulder injuries....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4299625]I agree..

IMO Hackett was a FAR more effective OC than Schotty based on the talent level he was working with and the fact that his QB (Chad) was limited due to his several shoulder injuries....[/QUOTE]

Schitty is just rock bottom in my book. Getting rid of him and working with the same talent under a competent OC ie Callahan/Moore would make a world of difference. We do need injection of youth&talent on the OL though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    These would be great selections for the Jets.I think a running back that is a home run hitter should be a high priority Miller fits the bill.That would be a nice 1-2 punch with him and Greene

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't build teams with first round running backs not named Apete. Plus we have an explosive 2nd RB in McKnight.

I do think we can add speed to the offense, but Id rather it be with Jeff Demps in the 3rd-4th round range.