WoW Sound familiar??????

[url]http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15211[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL

[url]http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15435[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4299607][url]http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15211[/url][/QUOTE]

Haha! Nice find.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good find. It's mind boggling how long Schitty has been ruining offenses.

Chargers made the mistake of jettisoning both "problems", the QB coach and the QB, only to find out one was responsible for the other. And now the QB is hall of fame bound. And the QB coach is now our problem at OC. It's such a shame.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my favorite:

[I]"Because Brees is inconsistant, and has very poor accuracy, and couldn't see open receivers last year. This year he has improved on everything, and I give him credit for being a great competator, but Rivers is more accurate right now then Brees, and can see the field as good or better, and has a much quicker release."[/I]

Creepy..:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4299619]This is my favorite:

[I]"Because Brees is inconsistant, and has very poor accuracy, and couldn't see open receivers last year. This year he has improved on everything, and I give him credit for being a great competator, but Rivers is more accurate right now then Brees, and can see the field as good or better, and has a much quicker release."[/I]

Creepy..:eek:[/QUOTE]

I noted this as well!!!!:eek:

I also took note of the fact that SD posters felt that the QB coach (Schotty) sucked as well interesting!!!!:rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brees is everything you root for in qb, hell a player.
    I always held the Chargers as my 2nd favorite in the afc but when they chunked Brees and went in favor of that mouthy pos., I dumped 'em. Although I loved Air Corelle(not gonna google or spell check) and Lance Alworth is a Hog Legend.... go fu*k yourself San Diego.:censor:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are all the posters who keep defending Schotty and he of the 69 Pass plays!!!

What are their responses to these SD posters who were essentially complaining of Schotty's horrible influence back then in 2004!!!

I know, I know it was and is a plot against Schotty extending back even to then....:rolleyes:

It is a disgrace....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4299616]Good find. It's mind boggling how long Schitty has been ruining offenses.

Chargers made the mistake of jettisoning both "problems", the QB coach and the QB, only to find out one was responsible for the other. And now the QB is hall of fame bound. And the QB coach is now our problem at OC. It's such a shame.[/QUOTE]

This is just plain sad and appalling. When will WE be rid of this clown???:huh::steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4299628]This is just plain sad and appalling. When will WE be rid of this clown???:huh::steamin:[/QUOTE]

Have to find the next patsy to dump him on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! there are a million threads in 2004 on how Drew Brees Sucks. This is one of the more "thoughtful" comments in the "Brees Sucks" thread from 9-26-04.

[url]http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15145[/url]

[QUOTE]I would have to agree with you all. I do like Brees for hanging in there these last couple years and he does work hard. But, in this day on bigger men, 6-0 does not cut it in this league. [U]He's gotten his chance for the last 3-4 years and STILL has not progress[/U]. Pre-season doesn't count either. The regular season has killed him and he has [U]always looked like has hasn't had complete control of the offense and the huddle[/U]. Todays game was the perfect example. It was like watching the games, we watched for the lasst 3-4 years with him. NO CHANGE AT ALL! I really feel bad for him but we need, or I mean the coaches need to do something fast to save LT becoming a bruned out back like Earl Campbell.
    [/QUOTE]

This one is less analytical and more to the point.

[QUOTE]Brees
    SUCKS!!! So many[U] overthrown passes[/U]...Too damn [U]indecisive[/U], YANK HIS A$$ OUT NOW!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]yes brees sucks he can't pass to our own guys he throws to many interceptions.when he passes [U]he is to obvious who he is throwing to[/U].he either throws over the recievers head or under throws or throws an interception.im tired of people making excusses for brees he's just not starter material he would be a good third string quarterback or maybe a starter in the cfl but not with the chargers.
    [/QUOTE]

All the negative comments about Brees lack of pregress are really enlightening. His QB coach must have really sucked.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 12-30-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome...I will be here all week :yes: and for the record I am happy with Mark Sanchez as my quarterback. Now fire Schitty!!!!!! We can all learn a lesson from SD....

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome stuff, getting a chuckle out of these

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4299646]Awesome stuff, getting a chuckle out of these[/QUOTE]

Me too :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This suff is giving me second thoughts about my desire to hire Norv Turner as OC. I think we need to hire whoever was the QB coach for the Saints when Brees signed on with them because he certainly had an immediate impact on Drew Brees effectiveness.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4299649]This suff is giving me second thoughts about my desire to hire Norv Turner as OC. I think we need to hire whoever was the QB coach for the Saints when Brees signed on with them because he certainly had an immediate impact on Drew Brees effectiveness.[/QUOTE]

+100000000000000000000000000000

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I do think Sanchez would thrive in a Brett Favre/Steve Young WCO type system....Where we can throw on the run constantly and use his athleticism

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4299649]This suff is giving me second thoughts about my desire to hire Norv Turner as OC. I think we need to hire whoever was the QB coach for the Saints when Brees signed on with them because he certainly had an immediate impact on Drew Brees effectiveness.[/QUOTE]

This is the guy I want as OC now. A ground and pound philosophy will not lead to sustained success, great QB play will. If Sanchez can be tutored into being a top QB, this guy can do it.

[QUOTE]Pete Carmichael Jr. is in his third season as the Saints’ offensive coordinator after tutoring the club’s quarterbacks the previous three years. Throughout this time he has been a key figure in the planning and preparations of an offensive attack that has been ranked first in the NFL in yardage in three of the last five seasons, while leading the league in scoring for the 2008 and 2009 campaigns.

In 2010, the Saints finished third in the NFC and sixth in the NFL after averaging 372.5 yards of total offense, while finishing third in the league in passing, averaging 277.6 net yards per game through the air. The unit converted a club record 48.8% of their third down conversions and finished second in the conference and fifth in the league with 351 first downs, the second-most in club record books.

In his first season with his new title, The Saints continued to compile impressive numbers on offense. The Saints finished in the top five in seven offensive categories and eight single season and single game team records were set or tied. They scored a club-record and NFL-best 510 points, the ninth-highest total in league record books. At least 45 points were scored four times, a fifth time in the postseason, with four straight outputs of at least 30. They ranked first in the league with 6,461 net yards, the second-best total in club history. The Saints’ 348 first downs was the second-best total both in 2009 league rankings and in team record books. The Saints also finished ranked sixth in the NFL in rushing yardage with 131.6 yards per game on a club-best 4.5 yards per carry, an improvement from 28th in 2008 and their highest ranking since 1987 when they were third with a 146.0 average.

The offense continued to flourish in the postseason, averaging 35.6 points per game and scoring eight-of-nine times inside the red zone. QB Drew Brees keyed the run, completing 70.6 percent of his passes and throwing eight touchdowns, tied for the fifth-highest postseason total in NFL history and a 117.0 passer rating. He was selected MVP in Super Bowl XLIV, as he led the Saints back from a ten point deficit, completing 18 of his last 19 passes and engineering the fourth quarter game-winning drive, culminating in the go-ahead touchdown pass with under five minutes left.

In 2008, Carmichael’s title was quarterbacks/passing game – with duties that included assisting in the pass routes, protection schemes and quarterback responsibilities. He tutored the signal callers his first three seasons with the club. In 2008, the offense went on to rank No. 1 in the NFL in passing, and Brees threw for 5,069 yards – the second-highest total in league history and tossed a club-record 34 touchdowns.

Carmichael has worked closely with Brees since both arrived in New Orleans in 2006, and since then the majority of the franchise’s career, single-game and single-season passing records have fallen. Brees has led the NFL in passing yardage twice, set the NFL record for completion percentage (70.6-2009) and has thrown for a club record 155 touchdowns over the last five seasons.

Carmichael brings the perspective of having a wide range of coaching experiences, including working with nearly every position group on offense during his career.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches/pete-carmichael-jr/79017a40-0318-4adc-8699-0920a7aaaed3[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember how horrible Drew Brees looked in the 04 Wild card game. I actually thought we could win because we had Chad Pennington LOL.. Now look at the guy! Hes a HOF QB and CP is in the broadcast booth..lol. People who say coaching does not matter need to have there head examined...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    tfine this thread was so fine!!!