Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else is ******* fascinated at the situation of week 17??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Who else is ******* fascinated at the situation of week 17??

If the Jets make it in, it has to be a sign that god is a Jets fan.

In no way am I expecting to make it in, but I am at the point where I know we probably wont, but we still have reason to be amped.

Imagine we beat the Dolphins, the Texans beat the Titans, Baltimore beats Cin, Den beats KC and there is 6 seconds left in the SD-Oak game with Nick Novak set to kick a 46 yarder to win the game?

If it goes through, I will go ape**** crazy.

If it goes wide right, I will sulk for a good day...but I have already been doing that all week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know man, I think we need too much help, not getting my hopes up. I just want the Jets to beat Miami.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    whatever gets Schitty out the fastest! :banana:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    have this odd feeling that everything is going to fall into place.

somehow, someway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be fascinated if the jets pull this off but i dont see it happening..The Titans are going to win anyway.:steamin: Jets have spiraled... :steamin:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchez 3:16;4299694]have this odd feeling that everything is going to fall into place.
    somehow, someway.[/QUOTE]

Texans need the bye week, folks. By losing to the Titans they draw the Titans who they thrashed 41-7 earlier in the season.

Even if they really wanted to beat them they'd show them nothing, wouldn't take the risk of a loss.

It's over. Go take the kids to the movies on Sunday. Better use of your time.

SAR I

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm tired of your nonsense

[QUOTE=SAR I;4299699]Texans need the bye week, folks. By losing to the Titans they draw the Titans who they thrashed 41-7 earlier in the season.

Even if they really wanted to beat them they'd show them nothing, wouldn't take the risk of a loss.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I took your bait. I am sick and tired of your views on the NY Jets. No I am not a fan of just the past few years. I have been a fan since 1980. Why are you still a Jets fan? Every year, I read your posts. You should go to the movies on Sunday so I know we are that much closer to losing you as a fan of the team the rest of us love. I want to see my team beat the Dolphins no matter if we make the playoffs or not. If you are rooting for anything otherwise, you are one sad Jets fan. Rex is the best coach this team has had in 40 years. I want him here as our leader for the next decade. One another thing, leasing makes no sense. Your debate on that topic was weak and made no financial sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4299699]Texans need the bye week, folks. By losing to the Titans they draw the Titans who they thrashed 41-7 earlier in the season.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

This might be the most confusing post I have ever read. Are the Texans losing to the Titans so that they can then play the Titans? huh?:(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gary Kubiak has already said that he is playing the starters.

If that's true, then we're headed to the playoffs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Houston wants to be in playoff form, especially with an inexperienced QB in Yates.
    Last edited by King P; 12-31-2011 at 03:19 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's tough to beat a team next week if you don't try to beat them this week.

Ask the Bungles about that one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ROPE;4299702]This might be the most confusing post I have ever read. Are the Texans losing to the Titans so that they can then play the Titans? huh?[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly. The Texans options:

Play To Win: Face the Jets who have played 6 road playoff games and have beaten the Texans 3 times in the last 5 seasons.

-or-

Play To Lose: Face the Titans who the Texans stomped 41-7 a few months ago, and rest your starters on a short week as you're certainly a Saturday wildcard host.

Gee.....really tough to see what they'll do.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King P;4299704]Gary Kubiak has already said that he is playing the starters.

If that's true, then we're headed to the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

That's coaches code for "one series".

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frankiev80;4299701]I took your bait. I am sick and tired of your views on the NY Jets. No I am not a fan of just the past few years. I have been a fan since 1980. Why are you still a Jets fan? Every year, I read your posts. You should go to the movies on Sunday so I know we are that much closer to losing you as a fan of the team the rest of us love. I want to see my team beat the Dolphins no matter if we make the playoffs or not. If you are rooting for anything otherwise, you are one sad Jets fan. Rex is the best coach this team has had in 40 years. I want him here as our leader for the next decade. One another thing, leasing makes no sense. Your debate on that topic was weak and made no financial sense.[/QUOTE]

Too much to respond to on my iPhone. When the nanny is done making my breakfast and the cleaning girl has dusted off the computer I'll give this the proper attention it (doesn't) deserve.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY State of Mind;4299654]If the Jets make it in, it has to be a sign that god is a Jets fan.

In no way am I expecting to make it in, but I am at the point where I know we probably wont, but we still have reason to be amped.

Imagine we beat the Dolphins, the Texans beat the Titans, Baltimore beats Cin, Den beats KC and there is 6 seconds left in the SD-Oak game with Nick Novak set to kick a 46 yarder to win the game?

If it goes through, I will go ape**** crazy.

If it goes wide right, I will sulk for a good day...but I have already been doing that all week.[/QUOTE]

I think we have a shot to get in. But i dont believe for one minute God is a Jets fan. If anything he enjoys finding new and creative ways to watch us be disappointed. :)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4299657]I don't know man, I think we need too much help, not getting my hopes up. I just want the Jets to beat Miami.[/QUOTE]

ditto. I can not believe that we are 3 point underdogs and REGGIE BUSH and JAKE LONG are not even playing. I am disgusted by that and any win over the Blowfish is a great win. GO JETS!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing 'fascinating' about needing five other mediocre teams to lose so that the Jets can get in, only to be blown out in another painfully unprepared performance. 'Fascinating' is not the word I'd use.

We're competing with a team on its third string QB, one on a QB they picked up during the season, one whose QB can barely throw the ball within the boundaries of the field, one with a rookie qB [B]and[/B] rookie WR, and one with a new coach and no players of note except one RB who didn't start to show up until 3/4 of the way thru the season.

:barf:

On to the draft.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 12-31-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you believe there's any possibility that God is a Jets fan you haven't been a Jets fan for too long.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Frankiev80 I took your bait. [/B]

It wasn't "bait", that's your first mistake. It's my honest feelings. Just because you disagree with them doesn't mean what I wrote is dishonest or some trap to get people to respond to me.

[B]I am sick and tired of your views on the NY Jets. [/B]

So am I. Wouldn't it be nice if, you know, the [I]team [/I]would show up for a game or two this season so diehard PSL owners like myself wouldn't be so disappointed all the time.

Ask me what makes [I]me [/I]sick and tired. Here, I'll save you the time: I'm sick and tired of Jets fans making excuses for Rex Ryan and his sorry group of underachieving, lazy bastards. I'm sick and tired of Jets fans who should know better making fans like me the bad guy when it's the horrible players and coaches that are the [I]real [/I]enemy.

[B]No I am not a fan of just the past few years. I have been a fan since 1980. Why are you still a Jets fan? Every year, I read your posts. You should go to the movies on Sunday so I know we are that much closer to losing you as a fan of the team the rest of us love. [/B]

I am a Jets fan because I love football and chose to root for the green team, not the blue one, back when I was 14. I love my sons too, doesn't mean I let them off the hook when they f-ck up at school.

I drowned the Jets in praise and love at times in 2009 and 2010. But here in 2011 there hasn't been but 1 week of consistent play and coaching and it's EXTRA horrible because of how close we were to the Super Bowl in back-to-back years.

[B]I want to see my team beat the Dolphins no matter if we make the playoffs or not.[/B]

Are you a Mets fan?

[B]If you are rooting for anything otherwise, you are one sad Jets fan. Rex is the best coach this team has had in 40 years. I want him here as our leader for the next decade. [/B]

Rex Ryan is a fraud. He's averaging 9 wins a season, not much different than Herm Edwards and Eric Mangini when their QB was healthy. Mangini had the Jets at 8-3 before Favre went down, Ryan inherited that squad and eked out the wildcard that Favre couldn't get. The drops/adds to Mangini's team are a losing proposition. You can't name 4 players on the Jets that Ryan added that were better than those we lost.

All of Rex Ryan's success, in fact, can be culled down to a) great defense and b) getting a split with the Patriots. This year, we got swept by the Patriots. And the 'great defense' allowed 4th quarter comebacks by the Raiders and Broncos which ultimately destroyed our season. The defense shows up in those games, we're 11-5. They didn't.

[B]One another thing, leasing makes no sense. Your debate on that topic was weak and made no financial sense.[/B]

It's not 1980 anymore. Leasing used to be a way to get into a car you couldn't afford, a way to cheat the system. It's not that way anymore. It's now a competitive tool for car companies to get more market share. As such, leasing is a more sensible financial option if you don't drive your cars for 10+ years. For those of us that want a new car every few years, leasing is a dream. Don't believe me? Go speak to a car dealer.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4299657]I don't know man, I think we need too much help, not getting my hopes up. I just want the Jets to beat Miami.[/QUOTE]

Me, too.

As I stated in other threads, I just want the Jets to finish the year on a HIGH-Note.

Whatever happens with Schitty happens. There'll be plenty of time in the offseason to see just what it will be.

Just beat the fish at least.