Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't expect us to get into the playoff's but lets play "what if"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't expect us to get into the playoff's but lets play "what if"

What if we actually get some help that isn't too far-fetched. Tenn loses to Houston, Cincy loses to B-more and either Raiders or Bronco's lose. Lets say we ACTUALLY beat the fins in the process and sneak into the playoff's. Can we beat Houston on the road and maybe make a run again?

I don't think this team is built like the 2 previous teams that made a run strictly cause of the O-line, veteran leadership, and the running game overall. Yet some how it wouldn't surprise me if we do sneak in and actually beat Houston. Of course it wouldn't shock me if we lost by 17 either. I guess this Jets team is scary either way you look at it if they manage to sneak in. Can either be scary good or scary bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Houston, maybe.

Beyond that ... :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably an embarrassing one and done if we get in :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;4299734]Probably an embarrassing one and done if we get in :([/QUOTE]

Still less embarrassing than having the Gints and then the Phish finish your season off for you ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamesR;4299757]Still less embarrassing than having the Gints and then the Phish finish your season off for you ...[/QUOTE]

If losing to the Fish pushes Schoddy out the door then I'm all for it :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;4299864]If losing to the Fish pushes Schoddy out the door then I'm all for it :yes:[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't think the result of Sunday's game will have any bearing on it. If you fire a coach, you do so because of the year as a whole, not one last game.

As far as I see it, the decision has already been made, one way or the other.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamesR;4299867]Personally, I don't think the result of Sunday's game will have any bearing on it. If you fire a coach, you do so because of the year as a whole, not one last game.

As far as I see it, the decision has already been made, one way or the other.[/QUOTE]

You think so? Rex doesn't seem to be for it at all, I would assume Woody will pull the trigger, especially after an 8-8 season? :eek:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this was a playoff thread not another damn Shotty thread?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    if cincinnati, tennesse and either denver or oakland loses

but we lose to the dolphins

**** will hit the fan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;4299923]if cincinnati, tennesse and either denver or oakland loses

**** will hit the fan[/QUOTE]

That's my 2nd-to-worst nightmare scenario and one that, when considering the history of this franchise, is very probable.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF... IF we get into the playoffs. All bets are off. It's the playoffs and anyone can win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;4299923]if cincinnati, tennesse and either denver or oakland loses

That is exactly my prediction for tomorrow.

CAN'T WAIT!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4299974]IF... IF we get into the playoffs. All bets are off. It's the playoffs and anyone can win.[/QUOTE]

This is true, however, having at least 2 of the 3 phases working is a must.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    based on the jets overall performance this year, one-and-done is the most likely scenario

i just don't think they can muster up a good enough 'complete' game to beat the good teams and win in the playoffs.

but that's the beauty of it all.....you just never know when a team can get hot at the right time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamesR;4299713]Houston, maybe.

Beyond that ... :([/QUOTE]

This

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we would have a reasonable shot against Houston.

After that, none. The Ravens, Steelers and Pats would all maul us (two of them already have).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4300013]based on the jets overall performance this year, one-and-done is the most likely scenario

i just don't think they can muster up a good enough 'complete' game to beat the good teams and win in the playoffs.

but that's the beauty of it all.....you just never know when a team can get hot at the right time[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that.

I think the JETS could squeak out a win against Houston.

But after that, Goodnight!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Like several here I believe your scenario outlined above is the most likely to play out tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;4299864]If losing to the Fish pushes Schoddy out the door then I'm all for it :yes:[/QUOTE]

Amen and hallelujah brother.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

absolutely, and i have this nagging feeling that tells me that's what's going to happen...but i keep trying to ignore it.

missing the playoffs? at this point it wouldn't shock anyone....but getting all the help and then a loss to the dolphins to miss the playoffs? this place will completely explode.