Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Network's Michael Lombardi on Sanchez/Jets

All Pro
    If you blame all of our offensive woes on Sanchez alone you don't know football.

Same goes for blaming Schotty solely.

Schotty still needs to go however.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4299812]What about Brad Smith > Joe McKnight? Brad Smith was an excellent ST player for us. As much as so many here hate the wildcat, I disagree. I think the wildcat had it's uses. Personally, I think Brad Smith and his talent running the wildcat and returning kickoffs was the MAIN reason we beat the Bengals 3 times in two seasons. He contributed much moreso to the team than Joe McKnight ever will. McKnight is a rather frail kid in comparison to Brad Smith. I think if we started giving McKnight more carries we'd quickly find out he quickly he can break down.[/QUOTE]

Brad Smith, while being an excellent contributor for our team, was not worth the 5 mil he got from that sh*thole Buffalo.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4299819]
    What I was criticizing was his opinion of Callahan. And IMHO I think he is overrating Callahan. That is all.[/QUOTE]
    I think he is not the only one who overated Callahan. IMO the Jets front office did also thinking he could work miracles with Slauson, Hunter and Ducasse and therefore the Jets chose not to spend more money on their OLine.

Sort of reminds me of what the Mets did with Rick Peterson. They thought they could get average arms and Peterson would coach them up.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4299898]Once again, the question. Any alternative?[/QUOTE]

Eh? Not sure what you mean. Is Sanchez a game manager from here on out or is he a potential franchise guy that can win you games? He's a pretty friggin expensive game manager if that is all we expect.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4300052]Eh? Not sure what you mean. Is Sanchez a game manager from here on out or is he a potential franchise guy that can win you games? He's a pretty friggin expensive game manager if that is all we expect.[/QUOTE]

And if the Jets treat Sanchez as a game manager then they were INSANE for drafting him from the begining......:eek:

Good Grief.....:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4299813]LOL...I guess people just gloss over this part....But it can't be our beloved player..It has to be the coach.

[I]Sanchez does have to shoulder some of the blame for the Jets' offensive woes. [B]He is not a quick reader of the progression, therefore with every call, Schottenheimer has to tell him where to expect the open man[/B]. [B]If the call is a bad one, then Sanchez starts to panic and looks nervous. The most effective pass play he runs is the fake handoff, deep crosser, which has no read [/B]-- just fake and come out throwing. [B]The more Sanchez has to read off the play, the better chance the play has to break down. Therefore, the Jets must keep things simple. A simple offense with no explosive players and no run game will never produce, which is why the Jets rank 27th overall.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

THIS is what I am hearing a LOT of..... GREAT post .

Another Horse*h*t article and thread. How many plays has this guy made in the last 3 years when the play breaks down, plenty. I'm sick of these damn threads.