Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just read Brunell said he wants to return next season.

Just read Brunell said he wants to return next season.

I dont want him back -

Without getting into a Sanchez/Shtty are great or suck
    discussion, I feel even the biggest Sanchez supporters
    would agree we at the very least need to go into
    next season with a servicable backup for him.

Brunell is a dinosaur. I have no confidence he
    can come in and win a game for us next year, much less
    take over for an extended period.

I'd prefer a more capable free-agent backup - I dont think
    we can spare a draft pick on a QB this year -
    we have too many other needs and there is still a possibility
    Sanchez hits his stride...

your thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Brunell needs the payday. Supposedly he is some pretty bad shape after "investing" and loaning some friends money to start businesses and such.

I hope he finds a job for next year. Hate to see a guy who was that talented in his prime have his future affected b.c he couldnt say no to some friends and family.

Wouldnt mind to see him as a No. 3. Him and Sanchez are very close. Jets need a realistic No. 2 though.

Problem for Brunell is the kid from Alabama is going to get a roster spot. But it is not going to be No. 2. So that will leave Brunell out in the cold likely.

All Pro
    Yeah me neither! he's been with us three seasons and
    played a period of only 15 minutes in three years. dump
    [B][I][SIZE="5"]BRUNELL[/SIZE][/I][/B]

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4299738]Brunell needs the payday. Supposedly he is some pretty bad shape after "investing" and loaning some friends money to start businesses and such.

I hope he finds a job for next year. Hate to see a guy who was that talented in his prime have his future affected b.c he couldnt say no to some friends and family.

Wouldnt mind to see him as a No. 3. Him and Sanchez are very close. Jets need a realistic No. 2 though.

Problem for Brunell is the kid from Alabama is going to get a roster spot. But it is not going to be No. 2. So that will leave Brunell out in the cold likely.[/QUOTE]

I didnt know that about him - I agree he is good influence on Mark.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=rememberthetitans;4299740]I didnt know that about him - I agree he is good influence on Mark.[/QUOTE]

I would post some links but that is not my style.

Jets Insider VIP
    It is time for the Jets to develop young talent at QB. If SANCHEZ is not the answer we will know soon enough. We simply must have a young gun ready to go. It could be McElroy or maybe even O'Connell. But both of those kids should get a chance to show what they bring to the field without a very old QB taking snaps in preseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

If Brunell is still on the roster then I'd like to apply for his job. I can hold a clipboard, wear a Jet jersey and tell Nacho it's not his fault every time he gets sacked, picked and/or goes three and out.

I'm flexible with roster bonuses if I have to take a few snaps in practice just to show #6 how replaceable he is too.
    Last edited by Limolady; 12-31-2011 at 09:20 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4299768]If Brunell is still on the roster then I'd like to apply for his job. I can hold a clipboard, wear a Jet jersey and tell Nacho it's not his fault every time he gets sacked, picked and/or goes three and out.

I'm flexible with roster bonuses if I have to take a few snaps in practice just to show #6 how replaceable he is too.[/QUOTE]
    I would too but I don't like boogers on my coat.

When the entire offensive coaching staff is fired he might have a shot at the QB coach position.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4299775]When the entire offensive coaching staff is fired he might have a shot at the QB coach position.[/QUOTE]
    Are the Jets the only team with a backup QB older than their OC? The two should just trade places,;Brunell couldn't be a worse OC than Schitty and Schitty could be just as good a 'QB' as Brunell.

All Pro
    Don't want him back.

I want a veteran backup (a Charlie Batch, David Garrard type) and McElroy to be the third QB.

Brunell is worthless in a real game, I don't think his "tutelage" is worth a roster spot.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... i'd like to bang jessica alba in her *$$ ...

... neither is going to happen though ...

l_j_r

All League
    [QUOTE=Austin;4299991]Don't want him back.

I want a veteran backup (a Charlie Batch, David Garrard type) and McElroy to be the third QB.

[B][I][U]Brunell is worthless in a real game, I don't think his "tutelage" is worth a roster spot.[/U][/I][/B][/QUOTE]

i agree with that.

i wonder if
    1-sanchez
    2/3-mcelroy
    3/2-occonnell

is ok

All League
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4300005]... i'd like to bang jessica alba in her *$$ ...

... neither is going to happen though ...
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jessicaalbanaked.org/content/img/jessica-alba-nude-ass-pic.jpg[/url]

Sorry . . . got sidetracked

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=simijet;4300021][url]http://www.jessicaalbanaked.org/content/img/jessica-alba-nude-ass-pic.jpg[/url]

Sorry . . . got sidetracked[/QUOTE]
    :eek:
    [IMG]http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/jessica-alba-under-2.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Limolady;4299768]If Brunell is still on the roster then I'd like to apply for his job. I can hold a clipboard, wear a Jet jersey and tell Nacho it's not his fault every time he gets sacked, picked and/or goes three and out.

I'm flexible with roster bonuses if I have to take a few snaps in practice just to show #6 how replaceable he is too.[/QUOTE]

You'd probably get more money and more press since you'd be the First Female NFL QB, too. Maybe you'd end up dating Sanchez, too. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rememberthetitans;4299735]I dont want him back -

Without getting into a Sanchez/Shtty are great or suck
    discussion, I feel even the biggest Sanchez supporters
    would agree we at the very least need to go into
    next season with a servicable backup for him.

Brunell is a dinosaur. I have no confidence he
    can come in and win a game for us next year, much less
    take over for an extended period.

I'd prefer a more capable free-agent backup - I dont think
    we can spare a draft pick on a QB this year -
    we have too many other needs and there is still a possibility
    Sanchez hits his stride...

your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

PLEASE PASS on Brunell.

NOOOOOOO... just think about if Sanchez got injured. We need another backup under 40!!

We used to tell this one

When Ewbank kept Hill way past his usefulness-

"He must have pictures of Woody doing some very non-public things", either that or he's a PSU/Syracuse assistant????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: