Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who to watch during bowl games

Rookie

Who to watch during bowl games

Guys,
    need your help on who to watch during the bowl games. I am specifically looking at OLB/DE, RB, S. I have my ideas on a few players (love upshaw), but haven't kept up this year.

Veteran
    I'm most interested in watching Alabama's defense (Upshaw, Barron, Lester) and Arkansas's three wide receivers (Wright in particular).

Veteran
    Watch the D in the Bama/Lsu game and unless T Richardson has the ball, don't even look at the offensive side of the ball. Joe Adams usually entertains for my piggies but watch Cobi Hamilton as well. The Hogs te, Gragg, is a beast and you'll be impressed, he gets forced out of bounds more than he gets tackled.
    enjoy the SEC's best 3

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=239253

any of the guys in the above link or the OLB/DE in the Illinois game today.

Rookie
    Thanks guys...being an Ole Miss fan and living in Alabama, I am well aware of the SEC players (btw Childs from Arkansas drops way too many passes). I was looking for more of the northern school players.

I will be watching Mercilus today. Although his one yr wonder reminds me an aweful lot of Gholston

Quote Originally Posted by RblJet View Post
    Thanks guys...being an Ole Miss fan and living in Alabama, I am well aware of the SEC players (btw Childs from Arkansas drops way too many passes). I was looking for more of the northern school players.

I will be watching Mercilus today. Although his one yr wonder reminds me an aweful lot of Gholston
    Sanu disappointed yesterday as did Floyd. Hopefully Toon shows something. wouldnt be upset if he falls to us in rd 2.

Nothing against Toon but he should easily fall to us I'm round 2.

There's two Alabama OL to look at too, though I think neither has to enter the draft. Jones and Fluker....Fluker might be a first if he were to come out.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Nothing against Toon but he should easily fall to us I'm round 2.

There's two Alabama OL to look at too, though I think neither has to enter the draft. Jones and Fluker....Fluker might be a first if he were to come out.
    I believe Jones has already declared he is coming back for senior year

Mercilus isn't impressive. I think Nick Perry is the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsOptimist View Post
    I think Mercilus is the exact kind of pass rusher we should be looking for, that said I think Upshaw is the safer pick

Mercilus looks like he bad vs the run.

Mercilus looks like he bad vs the run.
    I've read that some consider him to be a 4-3 DE only, he's not great in coverage

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I've read that some consider him to be a 4-3 DE only, he's not great in coverage
    Name me a lb who is good in coverage. That aspect of 3-4 olb is right up there with punt return ability for a CB. Nice if you get the odd one but well down the list of important things in my opinion. I'd take a good pass rushing olb who can't cover over a decent pass rusher that can cover.

That Wr for Texas A&M looked very good today, he sure has the big body for a WR that is good to have. I don't know if he has big speed or not.

Isaiah Pead from Cincy might be a great complementary back/ main back for us in the second round.

Perry is underrated as heck. Now HE reminds me a little of Suggs.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Perry is underrated as heck. Now HE reminds me a little of Suggs.
    Perry concerns me- tremendous from the neck down but doesn't seem to have much going on between the ears....everyone else talk about the big names- here are ten guys to watch the rest of the bowls..

1) Nate Palmer/WR/NIU- terrific possession receiver and late rounder tha could be a #5 on the depth chart...

2) Josh Kaddu/OLB/Oregon- lines up at DE part of the time but a terrific athlete that should eventually develop into a 3-4 OLB...

3) Louis Nzegwu/OLB/Wisconsin- see above...

4) BJ Cunningham/WR/Mich St: 3rd rounder and a #3 receiver that could develop into a #2...

5) Jaymes Brooks/G/Va Tech: dominant blocker...309 pounds but can zone block...

6) Greg Nosal/G/Va Tech: late round version of Brooks...,

7) Antoine McClain/G/Clemson: fits between #5 &#6...

8) Bruce Irving/OLB/WVU: dissapointing season but a natural pass rusher...

9) Marcel Jones/T/Nebraska: injury problems (back) the past year but developmental RT in the middle rounds...

10) Chris Rainey/RB-RS/Florida- the type of third down back the Jets desperately need...

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I think Mercilus is the exact kind of pass rusher we should be looking for, that said I think Upshaw is the safer pick
    Upshaw looks like a more complete, dependable player. Would love him on the Jets D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Upshaw looks like a more complete, dependable player. Would love him on the Jets D
    no way....Upshaw's game is power and he may ultimately be a better one-gap DE than 3-4 OLB....little to no speed in his game (for an OLB) and marginal next level quikcness...most of his sacks at Bama came out of a three point stance, he shows limited ability in pursuit and would be a liability in coverage....