Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who to watch during bowl games

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I'm most interested in watching Alabama's defense (Upshaw, Barron, Lester) and Arkansas's three wide receivers (Wright in particular).
    Yup. Bama's defense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone watch the Outback Bowl and notice Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State? He's projected as a 4th-5th rounder but I thought he played well in coverage. You can find good secondary guys in the later rounds. Maybe he's one to watch for as there aren't many FS with high grades...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both these backs in the Rose Bowl are fun to watch. How about LaMichael James as a 3rd Round Pick, as it sounds like he might go in that neighborhood?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Both these backs in the Rose Bowl are fun to watch. How about LaMichael James as a 3rd Round Pick, as it sounds like he might go in that neighborhood?
    5'9 195 lbs jets already have two small RB's on their team in McKnight and Powell. I cant take anotheer small RB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    5'9 195 lbs jets already have two small RB's on their team in McKnight and Powell. I cant take anotheer small RB
    Montee Ball on the other hand, is a guy I would love to see with the Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Yeah he made a few nice plays and I got excited. No need really. The younger back Thomas is better than he is too.

Now the Fiesta Bowl is about to start. I've never gotten the chance to really watch Justin Blackmon. Not that I think we can get him, but I want to see what he has.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Markelle Martin's looking like the real deal against Stanford. Potential 3rd round pick @ safety?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blackmon is such a beast.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Al Toon son,Nick had a good game vs the Ducks tonite.He might be someone to look at in the second round.Nice size 6'2" 220lbs with decent speed.Would be nice target for Mark next year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give anything for Blackmon. He would be the game changer this offense needs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blackmon is a beast. It'd be worth it to trade up for him. He could be Megatron good. I think we'd have to go too high though...def top 5, maybe even as high as 2 to the Rams.

Fleener the TE for Stanford is another potential target.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When will team learn not to chicken out and put the game on the foot of a kicker. Stanford was just mowing it down field and then much like shotty senior, herm etc etc etc they play for the fg and the kid misses it badly.

I will say one thing, both Luck and Blackmon are 100% the real deal, could very well be 1 and 2 on draft day.,

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    When will team learn not to chicken out and put the game on the foot of a kicker. Stanford was just mowing it down field and then much like shotty senior, herm etc etc etc they play for the fg and the kid misses it badly.

I will say one thing, both Luck and Blackmon are 100% the real deal, could very well be 1 and 2 on draft day.,
    They will be. St Louis is bat**** if they pass on Blackmon...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Agree. Wouldn't take him 16 overall, but if trade down or he's there in 2nd, would very much like to get him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Agree. Wouldn't take him 16 overall, but if trade down or he's there in 2nd, would very much like to get him.
    did ball declare?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by miamijet1 View Post
    Al Toon son,Nick had a good game vs the Ducks tonite.He might be someone to look at in the second round.Nice size 6'2" 220lbs with decent speed.Would be nice target for Mark next year.
    TOON is going to be good

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Just say no to Wisconsin runningbacks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    he reminds me a bit of curtis martin. of course he wears 28. but he's not exceptionally fast, has good balance and vision and gets better as the game goes on. i think the jets need to go offense with their top 2 picks this year. if they can't land a top wr in the first they may as well trade back, since i don't know if there's much of a difference between an olb they can get at 16 compared to a guy they can get at 20 or 24 or so.