View Poll Results: Do we want a higher draft choice or make the Playoffs?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Higher Draft Choice

22 24.18%
  • Playoffs

69 75.82%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pick One: Higher pick in first round of draft or playoffs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just dont want to win & not make the playoffs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sexi Rexi;4299878]This shouldnt be close - but sadly alot of "know it alls" will select higher draft choice.

Do we look like a super bowl team? No. but once you're there anything can happen. in the past 2 years, we won 3 games nobody expected us to even be in.[/QUOTE]

hey mr. know it all.... we won 4

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;4300182]hey mr. know it all.... we won 4[/QUOTE]

perhaps...one could argue the 2010 colts matchup was a game we were expected to win...so 3 could be very accurate.

in fact maybe even the 2009 bengals playoff game...so 2 is also argueable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;4300180]i just dont want to win & not make the playoffs[/QUOTE]

good point...

if the jets are eliminated by the time they play id have no problem with them throwing the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4300175]I can't believe I answer in some of these threads. I asked the question 10 times, and no one responds:

How do the people that post these things handle day to day stress in their individual lives?

I'm pissed the Jets squandered half the games they lost this year as well, but I don't sit there and think, "Oh, I think that we had one bad year, let's fire this coach."

BILL COWHER DIDN'T WIN A PLAYOFF GAME UNTIL YEAR 3.

3 LOSING SEASONS (1 EVERY 5 YEARS/AVG)

DIDN'T WIN THE SUPERBOWL UNTIL YEAR 14.

WHO WANTS BILL COWHER (this is a trap. If you say Bill Cowher, you are an ***hole)??

[URL="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/CowhBi0.htm"]Bill Cowher Coaching Record Link for the Lazy People[/URL][/QUOTE]

It honestly stumps me how some of these people function in society.

I bet there are fans here who would want to fire Rex and Tanny and dump Sanchez and 80% of the roster and start again next year, and if we don't win the SB next year, fire THAT coach, THAT GM, dump THAT QB, gut THAT roster and start again.

This regime is one of the best we've ever had, but because we might miss the playoffs, let's tear it ALL down and start again so that we can tear it down again NEXT year when we don't win a SB. And do that every year till we win a SB.

The stupidity is beyond my ability to comprehend.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4300187]It honestly stumps me how some of these people function in society.

I bet there are fans here who would want to fire Rex and Tanny and dump Sanchez and 80% of the roster and start again next year, and if we don't win the SB next year, fire THAT coach, THAT GM, dump THAT QB, gut THAT roster and start again.

This regime is one of the best we've ever had, but because we might miss the playoffs, let's tear it ALL down and start again so that we can tear it down again NEXT year when we don't win a SB. And do that every year till we win a SB.

_[/QUOTE]

+1000 minus a Schottenheimer

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4300187]It honestly stumps me how some of these people function in society.

_[/QUOTE]

And you get an A+ for fabricating strawman arguments. HOw do you translate 'higher draft pick' into reinventing the whole team?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll go ahead and admit it. I'd rather have a higher draft choice. We have a better chance of hitting a draft selection than winning in the playoffs at this point. Play the percentages.

Let the insults begin....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4300209]And you get an A+ for fabricating strawman arguments. HOw do you translate 'higher draft pick' into reinventing the whole team?[/QUOTE]

The mentality with higher draft pick = that will be the money player who puts us over the top.

In reality, we need like 10 new players, who are younger, have more speed, and don't whine.

He nailed the mentality that "tank the game for higher draft picks" have.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4300209]And you get an A+ for fabricating strawman arguments. HOw do you translate 'higher draft pick' into reinventing the whole team?[/QUOTE]

You do NOT get an A+ for reading comprehension :P

This has nothing to do with draft picks--I was commenting on some of the idiocy here demanding that Rex and Tanny be fired forthwith, Sanchez be summarily dumped, the roster gutted and we start over next year.

If you don't think it's been proposed here-you haven't been reading.

People calling for Rex's head or Tanny's head after what we've done over the last 3 years is stupid beyond comprehension.

But folks here DEMAND a SB victory and if we don't get it now, tear it down and start again.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4300220]You do NOT get an A+ for reading comprehension :P

This has nothing to do with draft picks--I was commenting on some of the idiocy here demanding that Rex and Tanny be fired forthwith, Sanchez be summarily dumped, the roster gutted and we start over next year.

If you don't think it's been proposed here-you haven't been reading.

People calling for Rex's head or Tanny's head after what we've done over the last 3 years is stupid beyond comprehension.

But folks here DEMAND a SB victory and if we don't get it now, tear it down and start again.

_[/QUOTE]

Dude, don't even try. It's not worth it. It's a tiresome argument.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4300224]Dude, don't even try. It's not worth it. It's a tiresome argument.[/QUOTE]

LOL, it's fine--not going to dinner party till 6:30, was bored :D

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are people here who get it, and people who don't.

Rex is partly to blame for this for running his mouth, but let's stop and think for a second.

I hire you to do a job, you do it well for two years. The third you do it average. I know must fire you and hire someone else.

Same mentality.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4300232]There are people here who get it, and people who don't.

Rex is partly to blame for this for running his mouth, but let's stop and think for a second.

I hire you to do a job, you do it well for two years. The third you do it average. I know must fire you and hire someone else.

Same mentality.[/QUOTE]

The first 2 years, Rex's idea was to take all the pressure off the team and put it onto himself and it worked. Rex can handle all the criticism and blame, he doesn't give a shlt. It kind of backfired this year because he doesn't have the personnel. Rex is the best thing to happen to this franchise. He has changed the bloodline to a once laughable franchise. You think any different and you've got your head up your ass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4300238]The first 2 years, Rex's idea was to take all the pressure off the team and put it onto himself and it worked. Rex can handle all the criticism and blame, he doesn't give a shlt. It kind of backfired this year because he doesn't have the personnel. Rex is the best thing to happen to this franchise. He has changed the bloodline to a once laughable franchise. You think any different and you've got your head up your ass.[/QUOTE]

What has he changed and what have we won? We are on the verge of another season without making the playoffs. Change would be to control our own destiny and not have to rely on others. 2 AFCCG appearances is not winning anything!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4300244]What has he changed and what have we won? We are on the verge of another season without making the playoffs. Change would be to control our own destiny and not have to rely on others. 2 AFCCG appearances is not winning anything![/QUOTE]

You're right. It's the same as before.

Everyone, he's right. The year with Herm when we were 4-12 was as fun as the 11-5 victory over the Pats in the playoffs last year.

Good points made by this guy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4300238]The first 2 years, Rex's idea was to take all the pressure off the team and put it onto himself and it worked. Rex can handle all the criticism and blame, he doesn't give a shlt. It kind of backfired this year because he doesn't have the personnel. Rex is the best thing to happen to this franchise. He has changed the bloodline to a once laughable franchise. You think any different and you've got your head up your ass.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely. We had an average year, but Rex has been awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4300244]What has he changed and what have we won? We are on the verge of another season without making the playoffs. Change would be to control our own destiny and not have to rely on others. 2 AFCCG appearances is not winning anything![/QUOTE]

Clueless troll is clueless.

LOL "another season without making the playoffs".

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

So what's your answer to the problem?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? When was the last time the Jets made the AFCCG (let alone 2 years in a row) who's head coach wasn't Bill Parcells? Oh I'm sorry, you must want Joe Walton or Bruce Coslet to still coach this team. Or maybe even Herman Edwards, where making the playoffs was a blessing. So you're pretty much the fan with the head up his ass huh?