View Poll Results: Do we want a higher draft choice or make the Playoffs?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Higher Draft Choice

22 24.18%
  • Playoffs

69 75.82%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pick One: Higher pick in first round of draft or playoffs

All Pro
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4300215]The mentality with higher draft pick = that will be the money player who puts us over the top.

In reality, we need like 10 new players, who are younger, have more speed, and don't whine.

He nailed the mentality that "tank the game for higher draft picks" have.[/QUOTE]

No the mentality with higher draft pick means a better player but not the one to put us over the top. It is the difference in picking a good LB to a decent one............IMO

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://www.thenewsburner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/jimmoraplayoffs.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4300263]The future is now we are 8-7 going into the last week of the season.

Sorry but the AFCCG is not the Super Bowl where I come from. To you it might be the holy grail.[/QUOTE]

You weren't on the board in 02 but I assume you would have been against the playoffs winning the East at 9-7 and needing the Pats to knock off the Fins to do it??

A more apropriate question would have been:

1. Win (Finish 9-7), Out of Playoffs

2. Lose (Finish 8-8), Higher Draft Position

I still pick #1 personally, but to each their own I suppose. I only root for losses-for-draft-position when it's a real bad 2-3 win type seasons.

I don't see picking #12 instead of #14, for example, to be worth a loss, or worth being 8-8 vs. 9-7 and a third winning season in a row.

Jets Insider VIP
    This years team is a complete fraud and would do nothing in the playoffs. Higher draft choice without thinking twice.

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO The playoffs by a mile. Look at Green Bay last year. Anything can happen. once you are in the playoffs.