Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prepare Your Emotions Jet Fans ...

All League

Prepare Your Emotions Jet Fans ...

Because I believe all of the scenarios we need (TEN, CIN,
    DEN or OAK losing) will happen. But in typical rollercoaster
    fashion the Jet game will determine whether we are doing
    victory dances or kicking in the TV screens at 7 pm. Look
    at how things are lining up:

- Long & Bush are out in our game

- Johnson is going to play for HOU. And they are coming off
    a two game losing streak. You know they don't want to lose
    three in a row before their first playoff game

- BAL is playing for a first round bye and rest for their
    veterans (Lewis, Reed, Suggs & Ngata)

- And in the final two games even though KC & SD are on the
    road and underdogs. Both teams have the better QB's and you know
    Orton is dying to send DEN home after they kicked him to the curb

i really don't think anyone fears the Jets. IOW - Houston has no incentive to lay down and let Tennessee in.

Jets Insider VIP
    There's at least a 50% chance we get in, but who cares? We'll be embarrassed in the wildcard round and might jeopardize Schitty getting fired.

I am numb and already looking to the offseason moves. This squad honestly doesn't deserve to be in the postseason.

[QUOTE=quantum;4299942]There's at least a 50% chance we get in, but who cares? We'll be embarrassed in the wildcard round and might jeopardize Schitty getting fired.[/QUOTE]

statistically its like under 12%. but my instinct says its like 70%. The 58% from 12 to 70 and the extra 30% to 100% seems to me to be the Jets beating Miami.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=quantum;4299942]There's at least a 50% chance we get in, but who cares? We'll be embarrassed in the wildcard round and might jeopardize Schitty getting fired.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;4299948]statistically its like under 12%. but my instinct says its like 70%. The 58% from 12 to 70 and the extra 30% to 100% seems to me to be the Jets beating Miami.[/QUOTE]

Under 12? I think its higher only because the opponents of teams we need to lose are highly motivated to not rest starters and try to win.

[QUOTE=Memorex;4299947]I am numb and already looking to the offseason moves. This squad honestly doesn't deserve to be in the postseason.[/QUOTE]

which is why i started this thread.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239253[/url]

Talk about truly backing into the playoffs. Would be pretty sweet, but I know everyone wants to miss the playoffs to better this team.

F it, I say...Jets suck right now but hey you never know what can happen once you're in. Maybe once they're in they'll realize they actually have a shot.

[QUOTE=quantum;4299956]Under 12? I think its higher only because the opponents of teams we need to lose are highly motivated to not rest starters and try to win.[/QUOTE]

We're at 9.7 percent according to this site (the site assumes every team is trying to win each game)

[url]http://www.coolstandings.com/football/football_standings.asp?sn=2011[/url]

All the young Brian Schotty lovers on this forum should not get their hopes up of making the playoffs. Me, I'm down for whatever happens. Playoffs, great. If not, it will probably be better for this team in the long run...

All Pro

So getting embarrassed in the play-offs won't affect Schotty's status at all? Why not?

[QUOTE=JamesR;4299986]So getting embarrassed in the play-offs won't affect Schotty's status at all? Why not?[/QUOTE]

Could actually put him on a bigger stage right? What if we get in the playoffs and the offense just fails and gets embarrassed. That wouldn't look good for anybody.

All Pro
    I think it's likely the Ravens beat the Bengals. Even though the Bengals have won 5 of their last 6 against the Ravens at home and always play the Ravens tough, there is simply too much on the line for the Ravens. If they win, they are arguably the favorites in the AFC -- they're a much better home team. If they lose, they're looking at another disappointing wild card season. I think they find a way.

I think the Chargers smoke the Raiders. Raiders haven't been the same without McFadden and the Chargers (regardless of last week) have been looking sharp in December. I think they get up for Norv's last game and to play spoiler for the Silver and Black.

Texans/Titans is hard to call. On one hand, the Texans don't need the game at all, as they're locked into the #3 seed, while it means everything to the Titans. On the other hand, the Texans have been talking about going into the playoffs with some momentums, are clearly the better team, and the Titans have lose two straight, including one to a pathetic Colts team. I think the Titans win, but I really could see it going either way.

Broncos beat the Chiefs. Not worried about that one.

The biggest question is whether we can even beat the Dolphins, frankly. They've been a better team than we have in the second half of the season. And so what if Long and Bush are out? The issue, as it always is, is whether our offense can do ANYTHING. I could honestly see a 16-3 loss.

At the end of the day, if we play well, it's definitely possible. But I'm not overly optimistic.

It will be over by half time. The Jets are going to stink up the place, down by 14 at half. Tenn will win out, houston will be one and done in playoffs. Bal will loose.

8-8 are what we are. Hopefully this gives us a chance to focus on bringing in FA's and finally a draft that actually makes us better.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... why'd i open this thread! :steamin::steamin::steamin: ...

... i'd already counted the season as over ... now hope is cracking the door open ... :eek::barf: ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4299983]We're at 9.7 percent according to this site (the site assumes every team is trying to win each game)

[url]http://www.coolstandings.com/football/football_standings.asp?sn=2011[/url]

All the young Brian Schotty lovers on this forum should not get their hopes up of making the playoffs. Me, I'm down for whatever happens. Playoffs, great. If not, it will probably be better for this team in the long run...[/QUOTE]

Those percentages are really subjective though.

The Raiders have a better chance than the Titans? I doubt it.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    There can only be one emotion, and that's if the Miracle happens.

That's all well and good, but you failed to realize that this is the JETS we're talking about. The other teams losing won't matter because the Jets will just choke the game away, just like they ALWAYS do.

[QUOTE=Austin;4300024]Those percentages are really subjective though.

The Raiders have a better chance than the Titans? I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Raiders can win the divison. Titans can't. Raiders in a four way(jet win) get the nod over the Titans.(thats why beside winning, Bengals losing all they need is Jet win or Titans loss) So of course they have a higher percentage because they have alot more things that they can get in with.

[QUOTE=Austin;4299995]I think it's likely the Ravens beat the Bengals. Even though the Bengals have won 5 of their last 6 against the Ravens at home and always play the Ravens tough, there is simply too much on the line for the Ravens. If they win, they are arguably the favorites in the AFC -- they're a much better home team. If they lose, they're looking at another disappointing wild card season. I think they find a way.

I think the Chargers smoke the Raiders. Raiders haven't been the same without McFadden and the Chargers (regardless of last week) have been looking sharp in December. I think they get up for Norv's last game and to play spoiler for the Silver and Black.

Texans/Titans is hard to call. On one hand, the Texans don't need the game at all, as they're locked into the #3 seed, while it means everything to the Titans. On the other hand, the Texans have been talking about going into the playoffs with some momentums, are clearly the better team, and the Titans have lose two straight, including one to a pathetic Colts team. I think the Titans win, but I really could see it going either way.

Broncos beat the Chiefs. Not worried about that one.

The biggest question is whether we can even beat the Dolphins, frankly. They've been a better team than we have in the second half of the season. And so what if Long and Bush are out? The issue, as it always is, is whether our offense can do ANYTHING. I could honestly see a 16-3 loss.

At the end of the day, if we play well, it's definitely possible. But I'm not overly optimistic.[/QUOTE]

The Raider charger game wil be close. (Raiders have a bad habit of keeping teams in late) Carson Palmer has owned the Chargers in his career. Last meeting 13-20 - 299 15 yard average per pass 125 Qb rating.

The Raiders should get back Jacoby Ford. The trio OF Ford D moore and Dhb going to be nightmare for Chargers secondary. M Bush was 30 for 150 yards rushing plus well over 60 - 80 yards receiving.(first charger game) taiwan jones(he back) was on the verge of breaking one every time he carried nthe football the last time he played the Chargers.
    Raiders beat the Chargers on both sides of the ball(game shouldn't have been that close)
    Raiders should win this game .