Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCourty worst CB in the league (shocking, i know)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    NEWSFLASH: Patriots are division winners and in the playoffs. That's what matters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4300072]NEWSFLASH: Patriots are division winners and in the playoffs. That's what matters.[/QUOTE]

Okay... So if McCourty continues to fail we can't discuss Patriot draft woes?

You guys are retarded...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is too funny. McCourty sucks this year so even though we're 9-7, 8-8 we're better than you 'cuz we have Revis.:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4300073]Okay... So if McCourty continues to fail we can't discuss Patriot draft woes?

You guys are retarded...[/QUOTE]

Your last three drafts haven't exactly been stellar there big guy. In fact, you have a couple of bigger busts than most, including the Pats.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that Sanchez could not exploit their historically bad D (I believe I read somewhere they are on pace to have the 2nd most passing yards given up of all time) says Sanchez is likely not the answer at QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300076]Your last three drafts haven't exactly been stellar there big guy. In fact, you have a couple of bigger busts than most, including the Pats.[/QUOTE]

Thread is about McCourty who fell off a cliff...

You should be concerned since it has a direct affect on you being bounced early again in the playoffs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4300082]Thread is about McCourty who fell off a cliff...

You should be concerned since it has a direct affect on you being bounced early again in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Our entire secondary is in shambles and decimated by injury. We have former UPS drivers in starting positions. As a Pats fan, I have a lot more to be worried about than a McCourty who has taken a large step back from last year (although most blame that on his not fully recovering from injury himself).

I'd still rather be in my place, hoping for a #1 seed, than yours, praying to eke out a win, have 16 or so teams lose the games they need to, to back into the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years. Not to mention it's much a much easier pill to swallow watching a first round CB regress than it is to watch the same of a #5 pick QB.;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4300072]NEWSFLASH: Patriots are division winners and in the playoffs. That's what matters.[/QUOTE]

+1, we are in no position to criticize our division rivals right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Fool

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4299993]Wins are the only thing that matters, unless of course, you are desperately looking for something else to hang your hat on for this season.

(and of course McCourty sucks and Revis is great. Hardly shocking news to anyone who follows football.)

(PS: Revis gets away with a lot - Jordan rules!) ;)[/QUOTE]

You'd die to get a cb 1/2 as good:)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4300058]In a season where our Jets got our a$$es handed to them not once, but twice, by the Patsies, I find it quite embarrassing that someone needs to run their mouths about ONE player being better than a NE player.

This thread epitomizes grasping at straws.

Face the facts Jets fans...

The Jets SUCK, nothing better than a middle of the road average team. A team that could easily be beaten by the top 15 to 20 teams in the league.

Remember what Parcells said? You are what your record says you are. 8-8 or 9-7?? I'd say that's pretty damn disappointing.

We went from being a legitimate title contender to a very average team that is only a couple more bad players from being 4-12 again.

Very, Very, VERY disappointing. And have no choice but to look straight at Rex Ryan as the reason.[/QUOTE]

+1000000000000

Thank you for saying this- threads like this ARE embarrassing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300088]Our entire secondary is in shambles and decimated by injury. We have former UPS drivers in starting positions. As a Pats fan, I have a lot more to be worried about than a McCourty who has taken a large step back from last year (although most blame that on his not fully recovering from injury himself).

I'd still rather be in my place, hoping for a #1 seed, than yours, praying to eke out a win, have 16 or so teams lose the games they need to, to back into the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years. Not to mention it's much a much easier pill to swallow watching a first round CB regress than it is to watch the same of a #5 pick QB.;)[/QUOTE]

Patriots will lose in the first round again, so who gives a sh*t. Patriots have 2 or 3 good players. Maybe Belichick will have some balls and pull the trigger on an elite draft prospect rather than being chickensh@t and trading back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    once brady retires the pats will be done. most their draft picks especially the early ones are pure ****. matt millen had better drafts. and their late picks dont even make the team. the early picks usually get cut after 2-3 seasons.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4300280]Patriots will lose in the first round again, so who gives a sh*t. Patriots have 2 or 3 good players. Maybe Belichick will have some balls and pull the trigger on an elite draft prospect rather than being chickensh@t and trading back.[/QUOTE]

Love to see you name the only 2 or 3 players you deem "good" on the Pats.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4300300]once brady retires the pats will be done. most their draft picks especially the early ones are pure ****. matt millen had better drafts. and their late picks dont even make the team. the early picks usually get cut after 2-3 seasons.[/QUOTE]

great. Hope you're happy waiting 5 or so years to see if your prediction is correct. Do you think Sanchize will still be leading the Jets in 5 years and if so, will his completion percentage be even close to 60% by then?:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patriots are an 0-16 team without Brady. Belichick has struck out on every FA acquisition, UDFA pick-up and draft choice since Pioli left. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4300334]Patriots are an 0-16 team without Brady. Belichick has struck out on every FA acquisition, UDFA pick-up and draft choice since Pioli left. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Even a blind squirrel...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RI Jets;4300081]The fact that Sanchez could not exploit their historically bad D (I believe I read somewhere they are on pace to have the 2nd most passing yards given up of all time) says Sanchez is likely not the answer at QB.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez had over 300 yards passing vs them, he was under constant pressure though and Andre Carter dominated the Jets. You can't throw when you barely have any time and are constantly getting knocked down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is hilarious and full of so much fail I wish it was started tomorrow instead of today so it could already be nominated for Fail thread of 2012.

The thread was created to show that McCourty sucks and that one rookie season is not enough to judge a draft pick, contrary to what everyone was proclaiming last year. Plus, it is once again another sign of how great Revis is.

That's it.

It wasn't about how good each [B]team[/B] was, just two CBs.

It wasn't about how terrible Sanchez is or how great Brady is, just two CBs.

The fact that there was the obvious need for certain types to rush in here with their agendas, whether that is Sanchez sucks, the Jets suck, The Pats are the best, Shotty sucks, whatever, makes it so much better.

This thread should be used as the template for identifying obvious trolls, agendas, and pointless debates to enter. :yes::yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i find it hilarious. here we are talking about mccourty and revis and yet we have those down syndrome jets fans that come in here to explain to us the AFC situation and whos going to the playoffs, that bill is better than rex and what not :chimp:

what the hell does that have to do with anything you idiots :D

this thread is about how piss poor mccourty and how great revis is if you didnt understand that. i thought the thread title was a good hint but some people obviously have a hard time with that :otto:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;4300348]This thread is hilarious and full of so much fail I wish it was started tomorrow instead of today so it could already be nominated for Fail thread of 2012.

The thread was created to show that McCourty sucks and that one rookie season is not enough to judge a draft pick, contrary to what everyone was proclaiming last year. Plus, it is once again another sign of how great Revis is.

That's it.

It wasn't about how good each [B]team[/B] was, just two CBs.

It wasn't about how terrible Sanchez is or how great Brady is, just two CBs.

The fact that there was the obvious need for certain types to rush in here with their agendas, whether that is Sanchez sucks, the Jets suck, The Pats are the best, Shotty sucks, whatever, makes it so much better.

This thread should be used as the template for identifying obvious trolls, agendas, and pointless debates to enter. :yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4300372]i find it hilarious. here we are talking about mccourty and revis and yet we have those down syndrome jets fans that come in here to explain to us the AFC situation and whos going to the playoffs, that bill is better than rex and what not :chimp:

what the hell does that have to do with anything you idiots :D

this thread is about how piss poor mccourty and how great revis is if you didnt understand that. i thought the thread title was a good hint but some people obviously have a hard time with that :otto:[/QUOTE]

Regardless, I'd rather have McCourty and the conference leading team than Revis and a team in the bottom third of the league.